02-16-2017, 12:47 AM
Sorry if Germans but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xS1niBATgI&feature=share

BeardoMSU
02-16-2017, 01:32 AM
We are so ****ing lucky, lol...

Leeshouldveflanked
02-16-2017, 06:36 AM
So why did Emory Bellard not recruit Rice? I remember shooting basketball on the Tin Gym and Jerry Rice would come in and work out in that crappy weight room and coming out on the concrete court and shooting some ball...I played some pick up ball one day and James "38 Special" Williams was guarding me...I took a a 3 and he come running at me wide open with fire in his eyes but he pulled up at the last second.... i thought he was about to lay my ass out on that concrete court... it was not unusual to see Rice around campus during the late 80's...

msbulldog
02-16-2017, 07:01 AM
Thanks for posting 2 Suceed, enjoyed that. I went to the Alcorn/MVSU game in 1984, Jerry Rice, Willie Totten, Archie Cooley, Ike Holt, M. Casem, that was historic football.

Buddy
02-16-2017, 07:41 AM
So why did Emory Bellard not recruit Rice? I remember shooting basketball on the Tin Gym and Jerry Rice would come in and work out in that crappy weight room and coming out on the concrete court and shooting some ball...I played some pick up ball one day and James "38 Special" Williams was guarding me...I took a a 3 and he come running at me wide open with fire in his eyes but he pulled up at the last second.... i thought he was about to lay my ass out on that concrete court... it was not unusual to see Rice around campus during the late 80's...

I was playing basketball in the tin gym one January when Rice showed up and joined our group. He came up to me stuck out his hand and introduced himself. Heck of a nice guy. Seems like he was leaving for the pro bowl the next week.

BrunswickDawg
02-16-2017, 08:15 AM

He was still showing up in the early '90s - at the Tin Gym and at Cheers. Was always nice.

fader2103
02-16-2017, 08:46 AM
Jerry was recruited by MSU. He did not want to play receiver because we were a running team. He made the right choice if you ask me.

Liverpooldawg
02-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Yep, we were a wishbone team. I have no idea if this is true but I'm not sure he qualified either. I always heard he didn't. He is obviously a sharp guy but you have to understand where he went to high school.

JoseBrown
02-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Jerry was recruited by MSU. He did not want to play receiver because we were a running team. He made the right choice if you ask me.

That's funny, his dad told me in the late 80's that Jerry wanted to play at State, but that Bellard didn't want him. But with us running the wishbone, I'm sure it had something to do with position of play. I'm glad he went to Valley, was def the right choice for him. As far as that goes don't forget Mardye McDole made the NFL out of that offense at receiver.

redstickdawg
02-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Yep, we were a wishbone team. I have no idea if this is true but I'm not sure he qualified either. I always heard he didn't. He is obviously a sharp guy but you have to understand where he went to high school.

same thing that I remmber as well. We were an Emory Bellard 4 wishbone option team that didn't throw much, even with Mardye McDole.

SaintDawg
02-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Dak is just the first of many to be produced by the "QB Whisperer". Fitz is next. Then Key. Then America will say:

http://memecrunch.com/meme/DVN9/gentlemen-you-had-my-curiosity/image.png

3rdGen
02-16-2017, 11:56 AM
Dak is just the first of many to be produced by the "QB Whisperer". Fitz is next. Then Key.

If I knew how to bump that post I would. Also I see your sig gif and I find myself watching it two or three times every time I scroll past it.

SaintDawg
02-16-2017, 01:18 PM
If I knew how to bump that post I would. Also I see your sig gif and I find myself watching it two or three times every time I scroll past it.
In your reply, click on "reply with quote" and then simply type "bump" That's all. At least that's what I do.