PDA

View Full Version : Lacrosse is for pantywaisters too scared to play rugby

blacklistedbully
02-15-2017, 11:34 PM
That is all.

Corn Bread
02-15-2017, 11:41 PM
That is all.

Crappie season is upon us. Like the high speed minnow nets!

blacklistedbully
02-16-2017, 12:07 AM
Crappie season is upon us. Like the high speed minnow nets!

Are you trying to crappie all over my thread?

Nmdawgfan
02-16-2017, 12:38 AM
Maybe ultimate frisbee would be more to your liking?

smootness
02-16-2017, 08:13 AM
Same is true of football, basketba, and baseball then.

KentuckyDawg13
02-16-2017, 09:27 AM
I always thought Rugby was for guys too slow to play other ball sports.

Hypnodawg
02-16-2017, 09:33 AM
Rugby is way more fun to play than organized football, but much harder to watch. That said, Rugby is really about drinking.

Jack Lambert
02-16-2017, 09:38 AM
Soccer is for those who were scared to play anything else.

Mjoelner34
02-16-2017, 09:57 AM
All I know is that it isn't fun to get stomped on and raked over by these:http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/products/products_new/13970.jpg

Hypnodawg
02-16-2017, 10:06 AM
After 10-15 minutes, your whole body is pretty much numb. I honestly don't remember getting raked hurting that bad. Having 6 fat guys fall on my head hurt, lost half a tooth. Getting bowed in the scrum I thought my spine was going to snap. Guy from Loyola coming in offsides and taking my knee out was the worst.

Mjoelner34
02-16-2017, 10:19 AM
After 10-15 minutes, your whole body is pretty much numb. I honestly don't remember getting raked hurting that bad. Having 6 fat guys fall on my head hurt, lost half a tooth. Getting bowed in the scrum I thought my spine was going to snap. Guy from Loyola coming in offsides and taking my knee out was the worst.

I came back from Tulane with a knot the size of a baseball on the outside of my left knee becuase of those things. It was one of those that didn't hurt at the time but did 2 days later.

sleepy dawg
02-16-2017, 10:23 AM
Rugby players are the biggest pussies of them all. They're too afraid to play Russian Roulette.

blacklistedbully
02-16-2017, 03:32 PM
I played while in HS in England, at Miss State, and after I graduated at the elite club level in California. In all, I played in the 70's, 80's & 90's, and I can tell you my body today remembers it. Concussion, fractured ribs, broken bone in hand, cauliflower ears, two bad knees, arthritis, a dislocated shoulder, nose broken several times, not to mention the endless contusions, deep bruises, etc, but I loved every minute of it.

Playing at the top club-level in the US was particularly brutal. On one of my teams alone, we had two former NFL players, a linebacker who played for the Packers and a safety who played for the 49ers. The difference in speed-of-play and brutality at the very top is remarkable.

In my day we had 3 teams on our club. The 3rds were about the equivalent of a good college team, typically a mix of new players and old players who were still good, but past their prime, or unable to devote enough practice time to stay elite.

The 2nds were damn good, mostly filled with guys who were on-their-way-up, fighting for a spot on the 1's. Unfortunately, this also tended to include guys who were putting their own interests ahead of the team so they could impress "selectors" in hopes of moving up. Too many "me" guys.

But the 1's were on another level entirely. No BS...very business-like on-the-field. I remember my first game when I went from the 3's to the 2's, and thinking, "This is kinda fast, but I clearly belong". But my first game on the 1's after playing for the 2's blew me away. I was shocked at just how much faster things were compared to the 2's. For the first time in my career, I felt like I was slow.....really slow. Just about everybody out there was really fast, and really committed. And teamwork was expected.

At that level it is truly a vicious sport.