PDA

View Full Version : AU, how do you feel?

Thick
09-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I watched the game, and came away not impressed with either side of the ball. They have 3 rb's, but they didn't show a threatening passing attack at all.

I think we win this, but a lot depends on our offensive playcalling and personnel. I think our defense can contain them. No big plays, make AU earn every point.

I'm with JWS, let's run the hell out of the ball with our RB's and Love/Holloway! 31-10 State.

Jacksondevildog
09-08-2013, 12:26 PM
For some reason, I have a really bad feeling about this game. I feel like our defensive ends will play poorly, and Auburn will run a lot of misdirection against us. Auburn can't pass the ball, but they can run the ball to the outside. I'm afraid that we will play Russell, and our offense will sputter. Also, if this is a close game, I do not have any confidence in Bell making field goals. Auburn 28 MSU 13

MetEdDawg
09-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Improved offense that can spread it out. We've got the defense to cover their WR's, but they have a good stable of RBs that can get to the edge and cause problems. Marshall is good, but he's not accurate. Our secondary will cause him problems throwing the football down the field, which Auburn has always liked to do. Malzahn loves the double move and that will not work against us. Marshall will beat us with his legs some times, especially on the keeper out of the diamond formation, which they do run.

Decent defensive front, decent LBs, and a bad secondary. We won't be able to outphysical Auburn up front all day, but we should be able to provide a consistent pocket to throw. Remember the name Thereize. He's their smaller version of Benardrick McKinney. 2 star out of high school, but very quick to the sidelines and always seems to be around the ball. Makes a lot of tackles. If Dak starts and plays the whole game, he should rack up 200+ passing yards easily because of how much size we have at WR. That's where Auburn is weakest and we have the talent and size to exploit that.

The big factor in this game that I think tips it in our favor is talent development. Auburn recruited well the past few years, but they didn't develop their talent. We did. I think that's what the difference will be. In the end, we are the better team and I think we will play like that in the 4th quarter when it gets to crunch time.

Political Hack
09-08-2013, 01:09 PM
we have to run 80 plays that neutralize their DL. I don't know if we have enough screens, draws, sweeps, hitches, & slants in the play book to do that. If we do, we should walk away an easy winner. If not, it'll be a close game.

MarketingBully01
09-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Typical MSU fan crap predicting Auburn to blow us out. Really? 28-13? What do we miss an extra point?

Original48
09-08-2013, 01:12 PM
I think we win this, but a lot depends on our offensive playcalling and personnel. I think our defense can contain them.
I think this will be the theme for the entire season. Our defense should be able to give our offense chances to win..but it wouldn't hurt if our offense would inspire good defensive play through sustained drives, creativity and finishing.

chef dixon
09-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Their offense isn't nearly as finely tuned at OSU's is. Our defense will play fine. It comes down to good QB play for us.

This is the perfect measuring stick game for us considering they are a beatable conference opponent in a hostile, night time environment. I'd like to see if Dak is up for the challenge and is going to be the guy going forward.

MarketingBully01
09-08-2013, 01:17 PM
I think we stack the box and force Marshall to beat us in the air. I think our DLine keeps their hands up with penetration and knocks balls down at the line of scrimmage. I think we hold them to 14-17 points on offense.

The key to this game is to start hot and jump on them early. We did that when we won in 2007. In 2011, we allowed them to jump ahead of us 14-0. That was big in that game. We should easily be able to move the ball against them on offense. Another key is our success in the red zone. We can't have holds, false starts and negative plays when we get down there.

I think it will be a low scoring game in which turnovers play a factor. I think we force Marshall into some bad decisions and we get a pick or two which could decide the game. My final prediction is MSU 24 Auburn 17 and we win the next weekend to get to 3-1 when we play LSU and everyone forgets about the performance we had against OSU offensively.

FlabLoser
09-08-2013, 01:17 PM
It depends more on Mullen and Koening than anything else. Do we run the shit we ran in Houston or do we run Dak with the suff we ran against Alcorn?

I think we either win or lose a snoozer with stats like 180 yards of total offense.

hacker
09-08-2013, 01:27 PM
3-2 auburn

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2013, 01:35 PM
For some reason, I have a really bad feeling about this game. I feel like our defensive ends will play poorly, and Auburn will run a lot of misdirection against us. Auburn can't pass the ball, but they can run the ball to the outside. I'm afraid that we will play Russell, and our offense will sputter. Also, if this is a close game, I do not have any confidence in Bell making field goals. Auburn 28 MSU 13

Where do these MSU fans come from?

We best this team by 20 something points last year and we are better this year. I am so sick of our fan base having this type of attitude. Its as loser as lose can be. Please go away

SheltonChoked
09-08-2013, 01:54 PM
We win if Dak starts and play defense like we did vs OSU.

Coach34
09-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Auburn is not as good as Ok State offensively- no doubt. We can shut them down.

It comes down to our offense getting it done

cheewgumm
09-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I think we win too, but because the offense wil not be as predictable as they were against Ok State and our D is loking pretty solid.

maroonmania
09-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Biggest key is keeping their QB in check running with the ball. That is what scares me to death. I can't remember the last offense we played where the QB was a runner that we held in check. Our defense will do a good job on the base play and then lose track of the QB. The ONLY reason we gave up points to OSU was because we couldn't keep check of a QB that ran the ball. As long as we force the Auburn QB to throw the ball I think we will be fine.