PDA

View Full Version : 10th assistant may get pushed back to next year

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-15-2017, 08:29 PM
Read an article saying it may get pushed back due to the time frame falling in the middle of the budgeted year and falling after spring. Meaning the smaller schools want it pushed back so they can budget for it. Falling after spring does have a point I suppose. Not everyone will hire a high school coach like we've discussed possibly happening here. The bigger fish will pluck somebody from a smaller school and the smaller school will be left scrambling for a coach after having gone through spring training and trying to get them up to speed during the summer and fall camp. By starting this in January of 2018 it will be during the time when most coaches move around, and fall in the next budgeted year.

msstate7
02-15-2017, 08:34 PM
If it doesn't happen, do we make room for grantham's brother?

Todd4State
02-16-2017, 04:06 AM
Something like this is why we were smart to handle our staff hirings/changes the way we did. If we had promoted Peterson or hired Tony Grantham with the assumption that the rule would pass we would be telling whichever one of them we hired that they were going to have to go back to the office. Plus I think Looney fills a more immediate need than either of those two would have.

Todd4State
02-16-2017, 04:08 AM
If it doesn't happen, do we make room for grantham's brother?

If it were me, I would promote Peterson first because he has been with us longer. Assuming we even bring Grantham in the first place. Especially since we may have per rumor passed Peterson over after promising him an on the field spot.