PDA

View Full Version : One of the main reasons the team has sucked

parabrave
02-15-2017, 01:44 PM
the last few games is the disappearance of Herard. The last 3 games he has averaged 4 points on 3 FGA. The last 2 games he hasn't even tried a FF. As most of us know the lack of the inside game is killing us. This is also one of the reason in the huge disparity of the fouls. Most of the fouls should occur under the basket by either trying to block the player going up for the shot or by driving in the key. We are denying us at least 5-10 points a game. With Q, Peters and IJ banged up we need to get Herard more involved in the game.

smootness
02-15-2017, 01:48 PM
the last few games is the disappearance of Herard. The last 3 games he has averaged 4 points on 3 FGA. The last 2 games he hasn't even tried a FF. As most of us know the lack of the inside game is killing us. This is also one of the reason in the huge disparity of the fouls. Most of the fouls should occur under the basket by either trying to block the player going up for the shot or by driving in the key. We are denying us at least 5-10 points a game. With Q, Peters and IJ banged up we need to get Herard more involved in the game.

I think we're getting it to him a decent amount, especially after halftime, but after he began impacting games more, teams were quicker to collapse on him, and he hasn't developed enough post moves to score in those situations. He just tries to go straight up against them and doesn't get a clean shot, or he tries something like a hook shot that he doesn't have in his repertoire yet, with expected results.

I like when we get it to him, and we need to continue to do it more and more, but it's going to take time for him to be able to score against defenses geared more to stop him.

parabrave
02-15-2017, 02:13 PM
I saw the Aubbie game and they were quick to collapse on him. But they also got 3 quick fouls on them also. That should be a part of our gameplan also. Get the other teams to go into foul trouble early. Hell the opponents know that we play hack ball and they plan accordingly for it. Time we do the same. Plus Herard is going to have to learn how to deal with the extra attention.

MarketingBully
02-15-2017, 02:31 PM

I agree Herard has disappeared and at least 4-5 of Peters turnovers over the last two games were trying to get it to Herard with balls that hit him in the hands where if he just caught the ball it was an easy dunk. If we had an average post player this year, we would have three more wins. Herard has a lot of potential but when he has been bad this year he has been epicly bad.

louisvilledawg
02-15-2017, 02:40 PM
Like I said in a previous thread, right now, Herard has d*cks for hands. Can't catch.

whosyourdawgy
02-15-2017, 03:22 PM
He gets great post position a lot of times and we don't even try to make the pass. I disagree with his hands being bad. He actually catches the ball well. My only problem is he pumps too much. Once he decides to go up, he should go hard and dunk it and whoever else is trying to stop him. He isn't aggressive enough on O or D.

We come out to start every dang game and just fire up 3 pointer. Some good but a lot of bad shots. And I'm sure Howland tells them to work it in, we just don't do it. Peters killed us last night w awful shots

Hypnodawg
02-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Herard was a force to be reckoned with until he put that mask on. He put on the mask and all the sudden he can't catch the pass.

Q fell down twice trying to make a cut. Hard to say if its injuries or teams game planning. Most likely it is that he is playing hurt.

parabrave
02-15-2017, 03:59 PM
I can't remember if it was Washington or Rhodes maybe both but it used to kill me when they got the ball. Instead of going up to the basket they would take one dribble then hunch down then try to go up with 3 guys on their back. It took them 2 years to quit that. It's probably gonna take Herard some time to get that out of his system along with not being scared too. But when he does he is gonna be a monster.