PDA

View Full Version : Swag not invited to NFL Combine.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Surprised by this, to be honest.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785972/article/chad-kelly-among-notable-prospects-not-invited-to-2017-combine

HSVDawg
02-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Surprised by this, to be honest.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785972/article/chad-kelly-among-notable-prospects-not-invited-to-2017-combine

Not at all surprising to me. Never been more obvious that a QB didn't have the mental toughness or commitment to succeed in the NFL. Between the problems at Clemson, the Buffalo night club incident, the leaked weed smoking on Instagram, his rap sheet is pretty long. That doesn't even account for the fact that he comes from a Playstation offense that doesn't even remotely prepare any QB's for the NFL.

thf24
02-15-2017, 01:02 PM
Yeah I'm not surprised either. It was very obvious for a number of reasons that he barely had the head to play college football. He'd be absolutely and hopelessly lost at the NFL level.

I've said several times that I'm impressed Freeze was able to scheme to get as much production out of him as he did.

TrapGame
02-15-2017, 01:08 PM
I'm sure the NFL scouts looked at Freeze's masterful coaching successes with Lil' Kimchee and Big "I'd Have To Say Yeah" Softy and knew exactly what they were gonna get with Swag.

The word in the NFL is Freeze can't get 'em ready for grownup football.

starkvegasdawg
02-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Maybe he can play TE for somebody since our TE decided to play QB.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Maybe he can play TE for somebody since our TE decided to play QB.

Lol.

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-15-2017, 01:31 PM
What's happening to Shea Patterson over there is criminal. He really needs to transfer to a place that will develop him a little.

Todd4State
02-15-2017, 01:38 PM
I would have been more surprised if he had been invited.

SaintDawg
02-15-2017, 01:40 PM
What's happening to Shea Patterson over there is criminal. He really needs to transfer to a place that will develop him a little.
This statement is one of the many reasons why our school and fan base is and always will be head and shoulders above OM. You see talent in a kid who plays for the hated in-state rival and want better for him because you know that he won't develop where he is. I don't know if this is what you meant or not, but it's how I perceived it. OM wouldn't give a damn one way or another.

BeastMan
02-15-2017, 01:41 PM
He's 6'1 tops with a terrible throwing motion and release point. NFL scouts are red flagging him. Short QB release point gets picked apart and he gets damn near sidearm with way too much regularity. Very sloppy mechanics. Don't think his schtick will play in NFL lockerooms for a 3rd string QB at absolute best. I'd be surprised if he makes a roster.

blacklistedbully
02-15-2017, 01:42 PM
But....but, he was better than Dak! So was Bo Wallace. These NFL GM's must have a vendetta against Ole Miss.***

spiral
02-15-2017, 01:48 PM
Besides the obvious personality traits he also never met a throw he didn't like. In college he got lucky quite a few times just trying to throw it in there or throw it up for grabs to good receivers. Professional defensive backs would humiliate him more often than not. He can spin the ball though.

Gutter Cobreh
02-15-2017, 01:56 PM
Wonder if the Bills use a 7th round selection on him, just because of who is uncle is.....

KB21
02-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Wonder if the Bills use a 7th round selection on him, just because of who is uncle is.....

You have to wonder if Jim is ever going to get tired of taking up for his complete screw up of a nephew.

Commercecomet24
02-15-2017, 02:04 PM
I thought he was a for sure first round draft pick****************************

KB21
02-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Besides the obvious personality traits he also never met a throw he didn't like. In college he got lucky quite a few times just trying to throw it in there or throw it up for grabs to good receivers. Professional defensive backs would humiliate him more often than not. He can spin the ball though.

Yep. He got bailed out on many passes by his receivers, who also likely won't play in the NFL because they are clueless about the nuances of the position.

NFL scouts are also picking apart Evan Engram right now, as he mostly ran slants and stops at OM, lacks quickness in and out of his breaks, and never met a block he likes.

Ari Gold
02-15-2017, 02:09 PM
Are they still debating who the best #10 is ?? Honestly some of those stupid ****s actually thought Swag > Eli.

Mjoelner34
02-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Wait....you mean throwing 50/50 balls in a playground offense doesn't prepare you for the NFL?**

BeastMan
02-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Some y'all are hitting on type other big thing. If you're a QB who wants to get to the NFL and decide to play in Hugh Freeze's system, that's like taking remedial math and thinking that will make you a chemical engineer.

parabrave
02-15-2017, 02:17 PM

heck he can't be any worse than what they already have. Dam they can get him and String fellow pretty dam cheap.

Dawgbite
02-15-2017, 02:23 PM
But....but, he was better than Dak! So was Bo Wallace. These NFL GM's must have a vendetta against Ole Miss.***

Its Sabans fault. The man has influence everywhere.

Todd4State
02-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Yep. He got bailed out on many passes by his receivers, who also likely won't play in the NFL because they are clueless about the nuances of the position.

NFL scouts are also picking apart Evan Engram right now, as he mostly ran slants and stops at OM, lacks quickness in and out of his breaks, and never met a block he likes.

He's a tweener. My guess is he probably ends up at WR but doesn't make it.

Todd4State
02-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Some y'all are hitting on type other big thing. If you're a QB who wants to get to the NFL and decide to play in Hugh Freeze's system, that's like taking remedial math and thinking that will make you a chemical engineer.

I like your analogy. It's pretty spot on.

RougeDawg
02-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Guess the nfl's "no gun" policy was the deal breaker. They didn't want the guy shooting up the combine.

lastmajordog
02-15-2017, 06:01 PM
He's 6'1 tops with a terrible throwing motion and release point. NFL scouts are red flagging him. Short QB release point gets picked apart and he gets damn near sidearm with way too much regularity. Very sloppy mechanics. Don't think his schtick will play in NFL lockerooms for a 3rd string QB at absolute best. I'd be surprised if he makes a roster.

Somebody should have gone to the QB whisperer

I seen it dawg
02-15-2017, 07:51 PM
**** that shitbird. He's ****ing garbage and getting what he deserves.

Reason2succeed
02-15-2017, 10:41 PM
Point blank he's not professional enough to hold an NFL press conference. The NFL is all about the corporate image. If a guy doesn't have that image then he better be at an unseen position and/or be an other worldly talent. Swag is none of the above.