PDA

View Full Version : Had a well connected Bear friend tell me

curmudgeon
02-15-2017, 09:56 AM
Bucky escaped the show cause, but it is bad otherwise.

spiritual_machine2005
02-15-2017, 09:59 AM
The COI hands down show causes. So no one has escaped anything yet.

Dawgology
02-15-2017, 10:00 AM

What I was about to say. No way that is known yet unless there was an ultra-top-secret COI meeting already.

Buddy
02-15-2017, 10:00 AM

Was about to post the same thing..... show causes are not given in the NOAs. Obviously your friend isn't that "well-connected".

Dawgology
02-15-2017, 10:01 AM
But it would be winderful if they were stuck with the Buckster through all of this....and still paying his ass 5 mil a year for it.... HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH!!!

Acid mouth
02-15-2017, 10:02 AM
I needed a good laugh this morning!! I find that impossible to believe but that may be the current "company line". Could you imagine a recruiting world where the HC and boosters have visits with recruits together? Two things are certain about Bucky... his incisors are in the 99.99 percentile and he's getting a show cause.

maroonmania
02-15-2017, 10:04 AM
What I was about to say. No way that is known yet unless there was an ultra-top-secret COI meeting already.

Exactly, a show cause is a penalty not a NOA charge. However, LOIC or the like is a charge, curious if they got that? Don't see how they wouldn't.

smootness
02-15-2017, 10:07 AM
As others have said, there's no way to know that at this point.

But honestly, it would be great if he does stick around. You know he'snot going to stop, and he'll actually have even more incentive to ramp it back up after the sanctions. So if he sticks around, they'll almost certainly be getting hit even harder in the future.

It's clearly in their best interests to let him go, even if he somehow escapes a show cause.

GreenheadDawg
02-15-2017, 10:09 AM

Your friend is full of shit. That is all

Dawgology
02-15-2017, 10:10 AM
As others have said, there's no way to know that at this point.

But honestly, it would be great if he does stick around. You know he'snot going to stop, and he'll actually have even more incentive to ramp it back up after the sanctions. So if he sticks around, they'll almost certainly be getting hit even harder in the future.

It's clearly in their best interests to let him go, even if he somehow escapes a show cause.

I agree. I also believe it would be in their best interest to let him go....which is why I don't think they will. Through all of this they have made really...REALLY...bad decisions. You begin to realize the same politicians that make terrible decisions for the State of Mississippi appear to be pulling strings at Ole Miss and making terrible decisions there as well. Can't stop stupid.

wmccgc
02-15-2017, 10:14 AM
Bucky to Vice-Chancellor

Political Hack
02-15-2017, 10:16 AM
I had a well connected bear (not a friend) tell me:

There is no investigation.
The investigation is only about WBB and track.
The small part of the investigation about football is on the old staff.
The investigation is over.

I could keep going, but you get the picture.

lamont
02-15-2017, 10:24 AM
Has a football program ever received major sanctions and kept their HC??? I can't think of one

PassInterference
02-15-2017, 10:27 AM

This. All. Day.

Liverpooldawg
02-15-2017, 10:33 AM
Well if he has seen the NOA he might believe that to be true because as has been pointed out, no show cause would ever be in a NOA.

WSOPdawg
02-15-2017, 11:08 AM
I agree. I also believe it would be in their best interest to let him go....which is why I don't think they will. Through all of this they have made really...REALLY...bad decisions. You begin to realize the same politicians that make terrible decisions for the State of Mississippi appear to be pulling strings at Ole Miss and making terrible decisions there as well. Can't stop stupid.

Yup, this entire saga for them has been one bad decision after another. After sanctions have been handed down and their program stomped into the mud, future NCAA violators will be directed to study TCUN on "How Not To Do Things".

MaroonBandAlum
02-15-2017, 11:10 AM
However, LOIC or the like is a charge, curious if they got that? Don't see how they wouldn't.

Is LOIC available if the institution was actually in control though? The OM administration clearly orchestrated this whole network and has players at the very top. It seems that the institution was very much in control! Obviously this is worse than LOIC.

louisvilledawg
02-15-2017, 11:31 AM

Kinda like this:

http://i.imgur.com/agjw2Lk.gif

shannondawg
02-15-2017, 11:32 AM
I had a ole missy site thread texted to me with the faithful saying that Freezus had all but disappeared from view up there.

maroonmania
02-15-2017, 11:44 AM
Is LOIC available if the institution was actually in control though? The OM administration clearly orchestrated this whole network and has players at the very top. It seems that the institution was very much in control! Obviously this is worse than LOIC.

Lack of Institutional Control refers to the lack of controlling adherence to NCAA rules. So if the Institution was controlling a network or in bed with a network who was clearly defying NCAA rules then by definition the University would NOT be showing Institutional Control of ensuring NCAA compliance.

blacklistedbully
02-15-2017, 12:02 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Political Hack again.

thf24
02-15-2017, 12:43 PM
Entire staffs have been fired for far less than only the violations that are public so far. Unless the NCAA completely ignores precedent, there's simply no way he keeps his job.

notsofarawaydawg
02-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Your friend is shitbird. That is all

FIFY

Boodawg
02-15-2017, 01:57 PM

Not sure I could be friends with a well connected Bear. Not for long anyway. I have a few OM friends but they are not well connected and are not OM fanatics. I assume well connected Bears would be fanatics.

GTHOM
02-15-2017, 07:00 PM
Keep him, the loss of scholarships and bowl ban is what I want. Hugh has the same record or maybe 1 more loss than Mullen while cheating his ass off.

BulldogBear
02-15-2017, 07:18 PM
But it would be winderful if they were stuck with the Buckster through all of this....and still paying his ass 5 mil a year for it.... HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH!!!

My thoughts exactly. I'd love for Freeze and Ole Miss to be stuck with each other. They deserve each other. I also think Hugh should have to stick around to see his fake winning record in the Egg Bowl turn into....rotten eggs!