PDA

View Full Version : What if I told you...

DeviousDawg
02-14-2017, 08:41 PM
That there is a man who is the CEO of a major lobbying firm in DC that has also been working as a lobbyist for Ole Miss for over 15 years. What if I also told you that he got his undergrad and Law degree from Ole Miss. Seems a little unproffesional to have such a conflict of interest right?

Well, with all that considered, what if I then told you that that same man is a member of the Vaught Society. What's the Vaughn Society? From the OM website:

"The Vaught Society is the leadership fundraising arm of the Ole Miss Athletics Foundation. Members of the Vaught Society make commitments of $25,000 and above over the course of a five year period. These major gift commitments are above and beyond any priority seating annual donations. In recognition of their generosity, Vaught Society members gain access to an exclusive stewardship program.

The Vaught Society was started in 2005 as an exclusive group of donors that had contributed over $350,000 in their lifetime to Ole Miss Athletics. These generous individuals have most certainly built the foundation that we are so proud to stand on today and we are eternally grateful for their support.

Since then, the Vaught Society has been restructured in an effort to be much more inclusive and allow for more donors to invest in the future of Ole Miss Athletics. Since its reintroduction to the public in December 2009, the Vaught Society has increased its membership from 27 to over 370 members and has generated over $165 million in philanthropic support for Ole Miss Athletics. Proceeds were initially directed toward a number of facility initiatives. Currently, all pledges to the Vaught Society are being directed towards the Forward Together Campaign. The Vaught Society has been responsible for over $165 million in support of the campaign."

If you told me all that, I'd tell you that that is veryyy interesting. I wonder if he stayed in his room at the Inn at Ole Miss after his reception in the Inn's ballroom for his induction into the OM Alumni Hall of Fame?

DeviousDawg
02-14-2017, 08:43 PM
Disclaimer: this is not specifically who Political Hack was referring to in his hypothetical situation.

missouridawg
02-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Why so secretive? Who are we talking about?

Political Hack
02-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Disclaimer: this is not specifically who Political Hack was referring to in his hypothetical situation.

Which would be catastrophic if two people of that magnitude are implicated. And that's not even counting a 3rd lawyer in Jacktown that's almost assuredly been involved in all this crap.

With so many minor details leaking out already I wonder how long it'll take for the new allegations to become public. Not going to be much of a reason to hide this stuff for much longer.

Harrydawg
02-14-2017, 09:05 PM
Kusina's.

Dolphus Raymond
02-14-2017, 09:09 PM
It is probably too late, but Ole Miss needs to try to get ahead of this mess quick. If this was MSU, I would be ready to fire everyone from the AD on down. This has been a mismanaged shit-show since draft night.

ILOATHEBears
02-14-2017, 09:11 PM
Kusina's.

Men I'm about to OD on popcorn

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2017, 09:13 PM
Hmmm. Money. Lobbyists. Lawyers. Nonprofit foundations. Something about all this screams misappropriation of funds....

Harrydawg
02-14-2017, 09:18 PM
IF this is a certain ex governor of the great state of MS......it wouldn't be the first!

I do recall........ Musgrove really "working" with a certain Brandon running back. By the way, Musgrove and Insell are 2 of a kind. Perfect rebs

Coursesuper
02-14-2017, 09:23 PM
It is probably too late, but Ole Miss needs to try to get ahead of this mess quick. If this was MSU, I would be ready to fire everyone from the AD on down. This has been a mismanaged shit-show since draft night.

It's really hard to put that grenade back together.

WSOPdawg
02-14-2017, 09:23 PM
That there is a man who is the CEO of a major lobbying firm in DC that has also been working as a lobbyist for Ole Miss for over 15 years. What if I also told you that he got his undergrad and Law degree from Ole Miss. Seems a little unproffesional to have such a conflict of interest right?

Well, with all that considered, what if I then told you that that same man is a member of the Vaught Society. What's the Vaughn Society? From the OM website:

"The Vaught Society is the leadership fundraising arm of the Ole Miss Athletics Foundation. Members of the Vaught Society make commitments of $25,000 and above over the course of a five year period. These major gift commitments are above and beyond any priority seating annual donations. In recognition of their generosity, Vaught Society members gain access to an exclusive stewardship program.

The Vaught Society was started in 2005 as an exclusive group of donors that had contributed over $350,000 in their lifetime to Ole Miss Athletics. These generous individuals have most certainly built the foundation that we are so proud to stand on today and we are eternally grateful for their support.

Since then, the Vaught Society has been restructured in an effort to be much more inclusive and allow for more donors to invest in the future of Ole Miss Athletics. Since its reintroduction to the public in December 2009, the Vaught Society has increased its membership from 27 to over 370 members and has generated over $165 million in philanthropic support for Ole Miss Athletics. Proceeds were initially directed toward a number of facility initiatives. Currently, all pledges to the Vaught Society are being directed towards the Forward Together Campaign. The Vaught Society has been responsible for over $165 million in support of the campaign."

If you told me all that, I'd tell you that that is veryyy interesting. I wonder if he stayed in his room at the Inn at Ole Miss after his reception in the Inn's ballroom for his induction into the OM Alumni Hall of Fame?

This man ever held in political office in Mississippi, Devious?

Mjoelner34
02-14-2017, 09:28 PM
Even though I don't have a Lot, my hair is getting long and I need to go see a Barber.

Harrydawg
02-14-2017, 09:28 PM
Shirley not!

notsofarawaydawg
02-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Which would be catastrophic if two people of that magnitude are implicated. And that's not even counting a 3rd lawyer in Jacktown that's almost assuredly been involved in all this crap.

With so many minor details leaking out already I wonder how long it'll take for the new allegations to become public. Not going to be much of a reason to hide this stuff for much longer.

It's Jackistan now !! **

WSOPdawg
02-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Mjoelner, when those kind of names start getting thrown around, then my doubts start forming as to whether the NCAA's hammer will fall as heavy as we want. Those are some major power brokers.

DeviousDawg
02-14-2017, 09:33 PM
IF this is a certain ex governor of the great state of MS......it wouldn't be the first!

He's not an ex governor, but his partner is!

BeardoMSU
02-14-2017, 09:36 PM
By the way, Musgrove and Insell are 2 of a kind. Perfect rebs

Musgrove's son went to State, btw.

DeviousDawg
02-14-2017, 09:40 PM
This man ever held in political office in Mississippi, Devious?

Think broader. He was appointed by and served under George H and George W.

He has done some good things for the Republican Party as well as education in the state of Mississippi, but that's not what this is about. This is about the CEO of a nationally known firm serving as a lobbyist for a university in Mississippi while being a part of an exclusive booster club for that same university, requiring atleast $350,000 of lifetime donations for entrance, and then $25,000 per 5 years to stay in the club.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2017, 09:41 PM

He has done some good things for the Republican Party as well as education in the state of Mississippi, but that's not what this is about. This is about the CEO of a nationally known firm serving as a lobbyist for a university in Mississippi while being a part of an exclusive booster club for that same university, requiring atleast $350,000 of lifetime donations for entrance, and then $25,000 per 5 years to stay in the club.

Does his name rhyme with Plank Sounds?

Coursesuper
02-14-2017, 09:43 PM

Lanny G

ILOATHEBears
He's not an ex governor, but his partner is!

This is not surprising since he is brother in law with dick Scruggs....

Harrydawg
Musgrove's son went to State, btw.

I don't care if his momma was named Bully.......my statement still holds true

Chip
02-14-2017, 09:44 PM
Does his name rhyme with Plank Sounds?

No.

Chip
02-14-2017, 09:45 PM
This is not surprising since he is brother in law with dick Scruggs....

No.

But somebody here is really warm

Harrydawg
02-14-2017, 09:47 PM
Uncle

SailingDawg
02-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Does it rhyme with pot?

DeviousDawg
02-14-2017, 09:53 PM
Lanny G

winner winner chicken dinner

WSOPdawg
02-14-2017, 09:53 PM

Ok, Coursesuper wins.

I'll say it again, I don't see how this is any kind of good for us because these guys are in the business of power brokers and they know how to "wheel-n-deal." I find it hard to think this will see the light of day as far as the NCAA goes simply because they're a peon compared to this group. Were they not the lobbyist group backing Thad a couple years back against McDaniel?

Percho
02-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Reminds me of smu 30/30.

Liverpooldawg
02-14-2017, 10:01 PM
Ok, Coursesuper wins.

I'll say it again, I don't see how this is any kind of good for us because these guys are in the business of power brokers and they know how to "wheel-n-deal." I find it hard to think this will see the light of day as far as the NCAA goes simply because they're a peon compared to this group. Were they not the lobbyist group backing Thad a couple years back against McDaniel?

Look up some of the people implicated in the SMU thing.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2017, 10:03 PM

Exactly. The fact high-up OM peeps are up to their eyebrows in this shit shouldn't surprise anyone.

Reason2succeed
02-14-2017, 10:05 PM
I went to grad school at SMU and it reminded me of OM minus a football program that anyone cared for. The comparisons are becoming more and more appropriate every day.

A governor of the great state of Texas was exposed in that scandal. No offense but Mississippi politician has nothing on the power of a big oil dealing Texas governor. This is going to be nuclear.

WSOPdawg
02-14-2017, 10:06 PM

Oh I know there were a lot of Texas power brokers affiliated with SMU back then. I'm just saying that if TCUN needs some one to grease the wheel with the NCAA (and make a deal, any deal), damn if this ain't the group to do it!!!

I still think they're gonna get spanked though.

DeviousDawg
02-14-2017, 10:10 PM
Ok, Coursesuper wins.

It's crazy how much this case is beginning to mirror the SMU case. If the governor of Texas can go down, anyone can. It's not like it's illegal to give a kid some money, it's just illegal in the world of college sports. It wouldn't effect his career.

The BGR group (Barbour, Griffith & Rogers) has been the lobbyist group for Ole Miss for atleast the last 20 years. Griffith has been one of the 3-4 lobbyists that the BGR group has supplied for Ole Miss for the last 20 years. In the early 2000's, Barbour also served as a lobbyist for Ole Miss before becoming governor, after his 2 terms were over, he joined Griffith and Rogers to make the Griffith and Rogers group become the BGR group. Also at this time, Barbour took an equity position at Butler Snow.

Coursesuper
02-14-2017, 10:17 PM
It's crazy how much this case is beginning to mirror the SMU case. If the governor of Texas can go down, anyone can. It's not like it's illegal to give a kid some money, it's just illegal in the world of college sports. It wouldn't effect his career.

The BGR group (Barbour, Griffith & Rogers) has been the lobbyist group for Ole Miss for atleast the last 20 years. Griffith has been one of the 3-4 lobbyists that the BGR group has supplied for Ole Miss for the last 20 years. In the early 2000's, Barbour also served as a lobbyist for Ole Miss before becoming governor, after his 2 terms were over, he joined Griffith and Rogers to make the Griffith and Rogers group become the BGR group. Also at this time, Barbour took an equity position at Butler Snow.

If you dig just a little you can easily find BGR tied to Butler Snow tied to DH Nutt Associates. If you can follow this thread you can begin to see how the whole web is tied together.

WSOPdawg
02-14-2017, 10:20 PM
If you dig just a little you can easily find BGR tied to Butler Snow tied to DH Nutt Associates. If you can follow this thread you can begin to see how the whole web is tied together.

I hate politics, but it's definitely going to be interesting to see how this thread unravels.

DeviousDawg
02-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Here is an article from the Huffington Post from March 24, 2015. It is titled "Something Rotten in Oxford(Mississippi)". Even more interesting, it is written by former Lt. Governor of Mississippi, Ronnie Musgrove. There are more than a few interesting things said:

Something Rotten in Oxford(Mississippi); by Ronnie Musgrove (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronnie-musgrove/something-rotten-in-oxfor_b_6928482.html)

"Being chancellor of a major university is not exactly a job with a lot of turnover. They usually settle in for about a decade, and absent any major public scandal, go quietly in the night. When they ultimately do retire, the campus almost always issues a statement saying something about “returning to her/his first love of teaching” or “spending more time with his/her family.”

This was not the case last Friday when University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones unceremoniously got the boot. Since his ouster Friday, three of the University’s most beloved graduates, John Grisham, Jim Barksdale and Archie Manning, have sounded off on the matter. All are supporting Jones.

To fully understand the matter, you must take the advice of advice of Watergate’s Deep Throat and “follow the money.”

Mississippi is a small state where everyone knows everyone. So let’s get the caveats out of the way. Dan Jones is a friend. His predecessor and champion, Robert Khayat, was my law professor. John Grisham was my classmate in Khayat’s class. Jim Barksdale - brilliant and visionary business leader - supported opponent in my first gubernatorial elections, but supported my re-elect against Haley Barbour. In that 2003 election Archie Manning publically endorsed Haley Barbour. So I have friends of all different stripes involved in this fight.

Jones came to the Chancellor’s office at Ole Miss at the urging of outgoing chancellor Robert Khayat, a former football star for the ‘59 National Champion Rebels. Khayat had been wildly beloved as chancellor, and then-Governor Barbour dared not go directly against a living legend. So the Institutions of Higher Learning Board members appointed by Barbour voted to allow Jones to follow his mentor.

Since that time, Barbour has taken two highly lucrative positions. Without missing a beat, he returned to his pre-gubernatorial position as head of Washington, DC lobbying firm, the BGR Group. He also took an equity position at the law firm, Butler Snow, in Ridgeland, MS - a suburb of the state’s capitol of Jackson.

When Barbour left office, Butler Snow was the third largest law firm in town. Since then, Butler Snow has taken hundreds of millions of dollars in state contracts. Now they are one of the largest firms in the nation.

Their offices are a who’s-who of former and future gubernatorial appointments. Their roster of attorneys includes Barbour’s former Chief of Staff, Governor Bryant’s daughter, US Senator’s Wicker’s daughter and her husband - who also happens to be Governor Bryant’s former Chief of Staff and campaign manager for Senate Appropriations chair Sen. Thad Cochran.

The former head of the Department of Environmental Quality - the person charged with all environmental regulatory actions - left her position at MDEQ to join Butler Snow. Not coincidentially, her replacement was also a Butler Snow attorney when he was picked for the job.

Butler Snow got the contract to redraw the state legislative map during redistricting. And to the shock of no one, Butler Snow’s favored candidates came out on top.

Butler Snow could be considered the ‘for-profit’ arm of our state government.

Hiring well placed partners is considered best practices for any ambitious capital city law firm - especially in a state where much of government business is given through no-bid contracts.

What do they have to do with Jones? Nothing. That’s the problem, if you’re Dan Jones.

Major state universities are more than just big football weekends, quirky traditions, Greek system public relations nightmares, and incubators for a states ‘best and brightest.’ They are huge revenue generators.

Hundreds of millions - if not billions - flow through their hallowed halls in legal fees for health care contracts, research grants, bond issuances, buildings contracting, the list is too long to count. Even in a poor state that chronically underfunds education, we’re talking a mountain of untapped billable hours for a firm like Butler Snow.

Dan Jones was standing at the gates of a gold mine, but he wasn’t a Butler Snow man. He wasn’t a Barbour or Bryant man. He was just a man who cared deeply about his state, felt passionately about education, and wanted to see his alma mater develop into a world-class institution. Or as he put it, he just “wanted to do the right thing.”

And for the Bryants and the Barbours and Butler Snow, caring more about the future of your state than the firm’s profits was absolutely unacceptable. So late on a Friday Afternoon, with everyone focused on NCAA’s March Madness, the Members of the Board of Higher Learning - all appointed by Barbour and Bryant - let Jones go.

So why did these three favorite sons - Grisham and Barksdale and Manning - stand up and fiercely complain about the type of firing that otherwise happens somewhat regularly? It’s probably partly out of admiration they felt for a good and decent man.

It may have to do with something else they all have in common - a love and respect for education, and the institution that provided one that enabled them to be successful. And perhaps, they know that turning over their beloved Ole Miss to the political cronies that run our shadow for-profit government is bad for education.

When a university worries more about politics than it does students and educators, that’s bad news for the students and educators. When a chancellor has to worry about taking care of the Governor’s cronies, those legal fees get taken out of salaries, skimmed off research grants and added to tuition.

While I can’t speak for Grisham, Barksdale or Manning, I can say for myself, this is a different kind of Greek tragedy than one you usually see on college campuses these days. It’s a classic tale of money and greed and corruption, and the firing of Dr. Daniel W. Jones was only the first act."

Commercecomet24
02-14-2017, 10:35 PM

This^^^^ the governor of Texas the attorney general tons of big time oil people and other power brokers with way more clout than anyone from Mississippi couldn't keep smu from the death penalty

WSOPdawg
02-14-2017, 10:37 PM
Here is an article from the Huffington Post from March 24, 2015. It is titled "Something Rotten in Oxford(Mississippi)". Even more interesting, it is written by former Lt. Governor of Mississippi, Ronnie Musgrove. There are more than a few interesting things said:

Something Rotten in Oxford(Mississippi); by Ronnie Musgrove (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronnie-musgrove/something-rotten-in-oxfor_b_6928482.html)

... Since his ouster Friday, three of the University’s most beloved graduates, John Grisham, Jim Barksdale and Archie Manning, have sounded off on the matter. All are supporting Jones.

To fully understand the matter, you must take the advice of advice of Watergate’s Deep Throat and “follow the money.”

While I can’t speak for Grisham, Barksdale or Manning, I can say for myself, this is a different kind of Greek tragedy than one you usually see on college campuses these days. It’s a classic tale of money and greed and corruption, and the firing of Dr. Daniel W. Jones was only the first act."

That's pretty fascinating. Kind of surprising to see Archie fall on Jones' side then but now he's apparently back to walking the company line.

TrapGame
02-14-2017, 10:41 PM
I swear this is going to make one hell of a movie!

Coursesuper
02-14-2017, 10:42 PM
That's pretty fascinating. Kind of surprising to see Archie fall on Jones' side then but now he's apparently back to walking the company line.

Things are not always what they seem now are they.

This thing goes deep and it's really amazing, I believe some dude on here told me I was all black helicopters, wake up kids this thing is going be a grand and glorious hot mess before it is over. Many peoples names are going to come up in this and it will be a who's who of UM.

DeviousDawg
02-14-2017, 10:47 PM

I truly believe there is some good in Archie. He was torn between doing the right thing and crowing the network king, in the end the network won out and Archie played along. This was a power move by the Network. The guys at the top pull enough weight to fire the Chancellor because he wouldn't play ball with the Network. This was the beginning of the end for Ole Miss though.

If you want to find an accurate list of the Network. Find a list of the "sponsors" of the Inn at Ole Miss. Find the list of the Vaught Society. Create a list that contains the names that are on both the Inn sponser list and the Vaught Society list. There's your Network.

WSOPdawg
02-14-2017, 10:48 PM
Things are not always what they seem now are they.

What we've got to remember is that while these are some major power brokers, the Bama's and aTm's and Georgia's and Michigan's also have major power brokers that want to see their interests served as well.

But here's hoping this latest round of lobbyist transgressions don't AGAIN delay the administration of penalties because if given enough time, these bastards will find a way or find a loophole to get off.

WSOPdawg
02-14-2017, 10:49 PM
I truly believe there is some good in Archie. He was torn between doing the right thing and crowing the network king, in the end the network won out and Archie played along. This was a power move by the Network. The guys at the top pull enough weight to fire the Chancellor because he wouldn't play ball with the Network. This was the beginning of the end for Ole Miss though.

If you want to find an accurate list of the Network. Find a list of the "sponsors" of the Inn at Ole Miss. Find the list of the Vaught Society. Create a list that contains the names that are on both the Inn sponser list and the Vaught Society list. There's your Network.

All right, homework!!! Love it.

War Machine Dawg
02-14-2017, 11:30 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ffBiQjN4E2nNm/giphy.gif

confucius say
02-14-2017, 11:53 PM
Well, this escalated quickly. Not sure what it all means, but good reading.

AlSwearengen
02-14-2017, 11:53 PM
It is interesting that Jones, being Khayat's guy, was run off by the network. I would have assumed that Khayat pretty much ran all things olemiss from the background. Maybe it was a power grab type situation?

Is Touhy involved in all of the political bickering at the university or does he just buy players and stay out of the power grabbing and university politics?

dotcomdawg
02-15-2017, 12:14 AM
http://givetoathletics.com/vaught-society-2/members/

http://givetoathletics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/12_20-1.jpg

BeardoMSU
02-15-2017, 12:24 AM
Well, this escalated quickly. Not sure what it all means, but good reading.

I know....it's the message board equivalent of killing a guy with a trident...***

gtowndawg
02-15-2017, 12:28 AM
Just shut the place down and make it our North Campus and call it a day. Might as well at this point.

Todd4State
02-15-2017, 12:52 AM
It is interesting that Jones, being Khayat's guy, was run off by the network. I would have assumed that Khayat pretty much ran all things olemiss from the background. Maybe it was a power grab type situation?

Is Touhy involved in all of the political bickering at the university or does he just buy players and stay out of the power grabbing and university politics?

Khayat is pretty old. I'm not sure how much he has to do with Ole Miss at this point. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but he was beloved there and I'm sure if he wanted to come back on his own accord he could do it at pretty much any time he wanted.

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-15-2017, 02:09 AM
Good thread is good

Reason2succeed
02-15-2017, 05:51 AM

I have title suggestions.

Blind Sided: What Really Happened in Oxford
The Night they Drove Ole Dixie Down
Colonel Reb is Crying
The South Won't Rise Arise Again
Rebels and Rascals
The Last Sugar Bowl
Burning the Grove
Tradition of Sedition
The Taco Bell has Rung
Tuohy Late Now

Bully13
02-15-2017, 06:28 AM
The last sugar bowl has promise. Like.

Burning the Grove gave me some ideas about changing the lyrics around to Elvis's "Burning Love "

starkvegasdawg
02-15-2017, 07:50 AM
Now we just need the opening music to be a NCAA investigator driving to Oxford with Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" blaring on the stereo system.

ILOATHEBears
02-15-2017, 07:52 AM
Just shut the place down and make it our North Campus and call it a day. Might as well at this point.

Who should we schedule to play the last weekend in November moving forward

GreenheadDawg
02-15-2017, 08:05 AM

Instead of the blind side.... the backside: raw edition.

Dawgology
02-15-2017, 09:02 AM
I was wondering when folks would connect to that Huff Post article. I'll repeat...tsun will be lucky to stay in the SEC.

Martianlander
02-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Mrs.Tuohy may have to call the plays next year.

Political Hack
02-15-2017, 09:08 AM
I've been told 3 names of people that are rumored to be implicated... All of which are on that list.

Liverpooldawg
02-15-2017, 09:21 AM

I'm not so sure about Archie. He basically hired Freeze by all accounts.

BrunswickDawg
02-15-2017, 09:22 AM
Mrs.Tuohy may have to call the plays next year.

Haven't we already seen that movie??

Liverpooldawg
02-15-2017, 09:23 AM
Now we just need the opening music to be a NCAA investigator driving to Oxford with Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" blaring on the stereo system.

The Band's "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" would be better.

Political Hack
02-15-2017, 09:23 AM
I'm not so sure about Archie. He basically hired Freeze by all accounts.

Archie tried to protect Jones. The network folks fired Jones. Archie did hire Freeze, but others closer to him that are network folks pushed him hard. And you have to remember, at the time, NOBODY wanted that job. (Sort of funny to think about considering how hard it's going to be for them to hire thei next coach).

lastmajordog
02-15-2017, 09:27 AM
"Send LAWYERS, GUNS AND MONEY....DAD GET ME OUTTA THIS"........with the GREAT WARREN ZEVON in mind......I make a motion this is the opening song for the movie.....

Dolphus Raymond
02-15-2017, 09:44 AM
Since last night, I have found myself constantly refreshing both Elite Dawgs and The New York Times. Things appear to be progressing quickly on all fronts.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-15-2017, 09:48 AM
This^^^^ the governor of Texas the attorney general tons of big time oil people and other power brokers with way more clout than anyone from Mississippi couldn't keep smu from the death penalty

That's because it was SMU..Had this happened at Texas, Texas A&M then I bet things would have been different.

travis
02-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Since last night, I have found myself constantly refreshing both Elite Dawgs and The New York Times. Things appear to be progressing quickly on all fronts.

https://twitter.com/MattWelch/status/831695788837392384

Dawgology
02-15-2017, 09:56 AM
That's because it was SMU..Had this happened at Texas, Texas A&M then I bet things would have been different.

Different time. At that time (early 80's) SMU was a big boy. They were playing in and winning national championships and conference championships. It is since the DP that they have become irrelevant. In fact, TAMU's rise corresponds almost exactly with SMU's fall. Before then TAMU was not a good football team. You even see an "uptick" in Texas' results after the SMU penalty.

The resemblance between SMU and Ole Miss is uncanny in all of this. Texas = Bama. TAMU = MSU. SMU went too far too fast. The big boys pushed back (Texas) and the up-and-comer (TAMU) benefitted from the fallout.

SDDawg
02-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Baffling to me that Ole Miss allows anonymous memberships in this group. I understand anonymous donations, but if you're going to recognize someone in the group don't you have to recognize them by name? This whole thing is "too cute by half" if you ask me.

Political Hack
02-15-2017, 10:12 AM

Archie is president of football or something like that.

Barbour is the former Republican National Chair, not to mention Governor.

Lott and Thad are former senate power brokers, one of which was the chair of approps.

Outside of being President, it doesn't get much bigger than that. That network has pushed their people to the top. There's by denying that. A&M and Tecas may throw around some money at facilities, but they don't have nearly the national political and PR clout that Ole Miss has.

Liverpooldawg
02-15-2017, 10:27 AM

Lott and Thad are former senate power brokers, one of which was the chair of approps.

Outside of being President, it doesn't get much bigger than that. That network has pushed their people to the top. There's by denying that. A&M and Tecas may throw around some money at facilities, but they don't have nearly the national political and PR clout that Ole Miss has.
A&M maybe not, but TEXAS? Think again. They have more money than Ole Miss ever dreams of. Heck man I was in Monaco once and the biggest yacht in the harbor was flying a Longhorn flag. Money=power. They have plenty of political power. Probabaly quite a bit more than UM.

PassInterference
02-15-2017, 10:28 AM
Baffling to me that Ole Miss allows anonymous memberships in this group. I understand anonymous donations, but if you're going to recognize someone in the group don't you have to recognize them by name? This whole thing is "too cute by half" if you ask me.

There are no anonymous members. There are members who asked to not have their names printed.

smootness
02-15-2017, 11:00 AM

How is this a conflict of interest?

the59dawg
02-15-2017, 12:13 PM
There are no anonymous members. There are members who asked to not have their names printed.

I notice Trent Lott's name is nowhere to be found on that list. Maybe he is one of the anonymous ones. BTW, Dickie Scruggs is one of the founders of the group seen at the very bottom of listing.

Reason2succeed
02-15-2017, 12:16 PM
Boys this may not be a 30 for 30. This may be Dateline or 60 Minutes material.

Boodawg
02-15-2017, 01:45 PM
Bump. Yall need to keep this thread going. I certainly would but if I had any info to leak.

Tripp McNeely
02-15-2017, 04:01 PM
I have title suggestions.

Blind Sided: What Really Happened in Oxford
The Night they Drove Ole Dixie Down
Colonel Reb is Crying
The South Won't Rise Arise Again
Rebels and Rascals
The Last Sugar Bowl
Burning the Grove
Tradition of Sedition
The Taco Bell has Rung
Tuohy Late Now

"The Second Greatest Story Ever Told"

...pun fully intended!

RougeDawg
02-15-2017, 04:01 PM
I do not know all the details of this but from a 5000 ft level, this appears to be a money laundering/IRS investigation in the making. Donations to a non profit used to buy players? Not only is that illegal on multiple fronts, the IRS is gonna come knocking for their cut as well. The NCAA will be the least of their worries if the Government decides to pay a visit.

TrapGame
02-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Boys this may not be a 30 for 30. This may be Dateline or 60 Minutes material.

Limited series on HBO.

"Sinking the Flagship" parts 1 thru 10

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-15-2017, 04:24 PM
How is this a conflict of interest?

My question as well...

DeviousDawg
02-15-2017, 04:41 PM
My question as well...

He is paid government money for lobbying for OM. At the same time he is donating money back to OM.

It's not like this is his one job, he probably spends a couple days per year lobbying for OM. I would bet the amount of money he is given by the government comes pretty close to the amount he donates back to OM athletics. It's like pulling money out of thin air. It would be different if his primary job was working for OM.

WSOPdawg
02-15-2017, 04:45 PM
I do not know all the details of this but from a 5000 ft level, this appears to be a money laundering/IRS investigation in the making. Donations to a non profit used to buy players? Not only is that illegal on multiple fronts, the IRS is gonna come knocking for their cut as well. The NCAA will be the least of their worries if the Government decides to pay a visit.

For those of you asking about the 'conflict of interest,' here ya go...

What if a university pays thousands of dollars for a DC lobbyist to further the interests of the university? Really nothing wrong with this as who knows what opportunities and ideas are generated in the university's favor and the cost of paying the lobbyist is a business expense.

But then what if the lobbyist pays thousands of dollars to a foundation (affiliated with the same university) and what if that foundation uses the money to buy players? While the foundation payment from the lobbyist may be tax deductible, the argument can be made that the payment to the players originated from the university and was funneled through the lobbyist.

In short, did the university pay the players to come play for them? And if so, doesn't that violate the NCAA's "pay to play?"

RocketDawg
02-15-2017, 05:37 PM

What if a university pays thousands of dollars for a DC lobbyist to further the interests of the university? Really nothing wrong with this as who knows what opportunities and ideas are generated in the university's favor and the cost of paying the lobbyist is a business expense.

But then what if the lobbyist pays thousands of dollars to a foundation (affiliated with the same university) and what if that foundation uses the money to buy players? While the foundation payment from the lobbyist may be tax deductible, the argument can be made that the payment to the players originated from the university and was funneled through the lobbyist.

In short, did the university pay the players to come play for them? And if so, doesn't that violate the NCAA's "pay to play?"

I don't really see the problem with that. He's paid for rendering a service to the university ... the money is his to do with what he chooses. He could even donate it to MSU if he wanted to.

If it could somehow be shown to be a money laundering scheme, that would be a totally different matter.

sandwolf
02-15-2017, 05:49 PM
Yea, I am not really seeing the conflict either.

lastmajordog
02-15-2017, 05:59 PM
Yea, I am not really seeing the conflict either.

Not only that...in a system with The Trial Lawyers Assn (middle man) influencing (making) the very laws they litigate....well...the ULTIMATE conflict of interest. I see nothing that will come out of this.

Bodaski
02-15-2017, 06:05 PM

This sounds like it's about the same time forward rebels surfaced. They took it from there and were on the frontline to fire Cutcliff and go after Boone when he wanted to stop all the academic fraud going on. They had Orgeron to recruit and the cash being delivered by the new group (forward rebels). This is also the same time Freeze is brought in with Oher/Touhy deal. Man all of this is lining up so sweet. I think I'm starting to connect the dots.

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-15-2017, 06:09 PM
I have no doubt big names contribute to the recruiting fund, but I dont think the NCAA cares where it came from. They just want to prevent money from leaving that fund into the hands of recruits. Stop the person(s) controlling that mechanism, which I have assumed since draft night was Barney.

Im not seeing a conflict really with being paid by the university to lobby then donating the money back to athletics. If taxes were paid on the paycheck, then the beneficiary is free to do what they want with their taxed income.

DeviousDawg
02-15-2017, 06:16 PM
This sounds like it's about the same time forward rebels surfaced. They took it from there and were on the frontline to fire Cutcliff and go after Boone when he wanted to stop all the academic fraud going on. They had Orgeron to recruit and the cash being delivered by the new group (forward rebels). This is also the same time Freeze is brought in with Oher/Touhy deal. Man all of this is lining up so sweet. I think I'm starting to connect the dots.

Yep, there are just way too many coincidences that line up chronologically and logically for it not be orchestrated. It's really not too hard to put together. Some of the minor details may be incorrect, but the big picture is undeniably correct. As Ronnie Musgrove said, "It’s a classic tale of money and greed and corruption, and the firing of Dr. Daniel W. Jones was only the first act." They made university decisions based on what is best for the football team/network, rather than what is best for academics. In the end, a university's purpose is first and foremost educating young people and shaping the future of our state and country. There has to be a hard and distinct line drawn between what's best for the university's athletics and what's best for it's academics. That line is very blurry for the powers that be at OM.

DeviousDawg
02-15-2017, 06:23 PM
I have no doubt big names contribute to the recruiting fund, but I dont think the NCAA cares where it came from. They just want to prevent money from leaving that fund into the hands of recruits. Stop the person(s) controlling that mechanism, which I have assumed since draft night was Barney.

Im not seeing a conflict really with being paid by the university to lobby then donating the money back to athletics. If taxes were paid on the paycheck, then the beneficiary is free to do what they want with their taxed income.

Maybe I shouldn't have said conflict of interest. It is more like a very interesting coincidence.

Barney was controlling no mechanisms. He was more like a dispensable cashier or, in other words, just the connection between the business(network) and the customer(recruit/player). A cashier doesn't set prices, he just carries them out, the boss is the one that sets the prices, and Barney was FAR from the boss.

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have said conflict of interest. It is more like a very interesting coincidence.

Barney was controlling no mechanisms. He was more like a dispensable cashier or, in other words, just the connection between the business(network) and the customer(recruit/player). A cashier doesn't set prices, he just carries them out, the boss is the one that sets the prices, and Barney was FAR from the boss.

I didnt mean Barney was the boss, Im saying he was the one carrying out the payments, thereby enacting the pay for play mechanism. Barney is replaceable.

I have no doubt you're theories are correct, though. Too many coincidences.

Coursesuper
02-15-2017, 06:28 PM
The only thing to see here is the depth of the network and how committed to getting football players to UNM by any means these people are. They have been cheating for years but there is no doubt about it, but Dan Mullen and the support he was given at MSU drove them over the top to win at any cost and that's just what they went about trying to do. In their arrogance and thru their methods they managed to piss off at least one school in just about every power five conference in the country, (nice job fellas, we appreciate it). So that said the point is, that those involved are not just some rouge booster, this is an organization, a recruiting mafia might be the best way to portray what it is, that has been used to get the 5 stars to Oxford. Who the guy is just shows that this knows no bounds and proves how deep this thing really is.

DeviousDawg
02-15-2017, 06:56 PM
I think it's interesting that 2 of the members of the Vaught Society's "Builder's Circle" chose to be publicly anonymous. To be a part of the "Builder's Circle", the most prestigious group within the Vaught Society, one must have donated atleast $1,500,000 to the Vaught Society. That's a lot of money to donate and not get recognized for. You got Eli, the Tuohy's, Fed Ex, C Spire, and Bill Jordan among others in the builder's circle. These two anonymous names must be big ones. They also must be guys that don't want to be publicly tied to donating millions of dollars to the Ole Miss Athletic Department. The only plausible reason for this is so that they can remain neutral through the eyes of the general public. The only group of people that this benefits is politicians that need support from not just OM fans, but the state as a whole. That's just speculation though.

shannondawg
02-15-2017, 07:16 PM
Would Scruggs possibly be one of the anonymous ones?

Coursesuper
02-15-2017, 07:21 PM
I think it's interesting that 2 of the members of the Vaught Society's "Builder's Circle" chose to be publicly anonymous. To be a part of the "Builder's Circle", the most prestigious group within the Vaught Society, one must have donated atleast $1,500,000 to the Vaught Society. That's a lot of money to donate and not get recognized for. You got Eli, the Tuohy's, Fed Ex, C Spire, and Bill Jordan among others in the builder's circle. These two anonymous names must be big ones. They also must be guys that don't want to be publicly tied to donating millions of dollars to the Ole Miss Athletic Department. The only plausible reason for this is so that they can remain neutral through the eyes of the general public. The only group of people that this benefits is politicians that need support from not just OM fans, but the state as a whole. That's just speculation though.

There is one very prominent bear not listed, lawyer, very wealthy doesn't like the spotlight either. Guy is kinda nutty.

Coursesuper
02-15-2017, 07:22 PM

He's on the list.

DeviousDawg
02-15-2017, 07:24 PM

I wouldn't think so, his name is on the charter member list so I see no reason why he would choose for it to not be on the builder's circle list.

Fed Ex and C Spire are on the builder's circle list, so it's possible that the anonymous names are not people, but rather businesses. Butler Snow and/or BGR group would make sense.

DeviousDawg
02-15-2017, 07:26 PM
There is one very prominent bear not listed, lawyer, very wealthy doesn't like the spotlight either. Guy is kinda nutty.

ICWYDT, good point.

GTHOM
02-15-2017, 07:31 PM

Please God tell me its Richard Schwartz im so sick of the commercials

nsvltndog
02-15-2017, 07:31 PM

These 2 anonymous donors could be the biggest recruiting cheats in Oxford, but they could also just be some folks that prefer to be private in their giving. We have the Seal Society within the Bulldog Club for donors that have given over $100K and to the best of my knowledge we don't have a big ass donor board like the one Ole Miss has shown for their Vaught Society. I prefer our approach.

PassInterference
02-15-2017, 07:50 PM
These 2 anonymous donors could be the biggest recruiting cheats in Oxford, but they could also just be some folks that prefer to be private in their giving. We have the Seal Society within the Bulldog Club for donors that have given over $100K and to the best of my knowledge we don't have a big ass donor board like the one Ole Miss has shown for their Vaught Society. I prefer our approach.

Ole Miss is all about status. Publishing a big list like this is one of the most Ole Miss things.

IMissJack
02-15-2017, 08:10 PM

This is sooooooo far from reality...

Texas and A&M have endowments of over $10B, and you don't get elected President by winning Miss, you do winning Texas. Every oil major, law firm, consulting firm, engineering firm, etc. in the US has offices in Texas. When the rubber hits the road money wins out, and in the SEC or the NCAA OM is not the big dogs.

Edit: UT's endowment went over $25B in 2014 per Bloomberg, and aTm's was about $12B at that time.

IMissJack
02-15-2017, 09:17 PM
Ole Miss is all about status. Publishing a big list like this is one of the most Ole Miss things.

I don't know about a donor board, but we do publish a book with donors by levels such as this, I got one about 2 weeks ago.

patinodawg
02-15-2017, 09:51 PM

in Flowood... very private individual that asked to be taken off Forbes 100 list...

Noxdog
02-15-2017, 10:27 PM
in Flowood... very private individual that asked to be taken off Forbes 100 list...

L.L.?

Chip
02-15-2017, 11:02 PM

Texas and A&M have endowments of over $10B, and you don't get elected President by winning Miss, you do winning Texas. Every oil major, law firm, consulting firm, engineering firm, etc. in the US has offices in Texas. When the rubber hits the road money wins out, and in the SEC or the NCAA OM is not the big dogs.

Edit: UT's endowment went over $25B in 2014 per Bloomberg, and aTm's was about $12B at that time.

Correct.

Political Hack
02-16-2017, 08:28 AM
A&M maybe not, but TEXAS? Think again. They have more money than Ole Miss ever dreams of. Heck man I was in Monaco once and the biggest yacht in the harbor was flying a Longhorn flag. Money=power. They have plenty of political power. Probabaly quite a bit more than UM.

I refuse to argue on behalf of ole miss, but the chair of senate approps controls the lions share of all the money in the world. You'd be hard pressed to find an individual that has more money under his direct control. And the other ole miss guy controlled the Republican Party. All that money you're talking about... You know what it gets them? It gets hem a meeting with guys like Haley and Thad.

Political Hack
02-16-2017, 08:31 AM

university endowment does not equal national political power. Holding the seats of RNC Chair and Senate Approps Chair does. If you can't understand that, there's no point in discussing this any further.

biggun
02-16-2017, 08:36 AM
They will need a replacement for Tommy Spell on their "Executive Committee", as he will soon be heading to federal prison for defrauding TriCare, Medicare, and many other insurance carriers to the tune of over 400 million dollars with his compound Pharmacy scam. Wade Walters and Tommy Spell, 2 huge POS's who definitely deserve the shit show that is descending on top of them. Check out the front page of the Clarion Ledger for more details on their elaborate scam.

Westdawg
02-16-2017, 08:46 AM
I refuse to argue on behalf of ole miss, but the chair of senate approps controls the lions share of all the money in the world. You'd be hard pressed to find an individual that has more money under his direct control. And the other ole miss guy controlled the Republican Party. All that money you're talking about... You know what it gets them? It gets hem a meeting with guys like Haley and Thad.

While your statement is true, Hack, you and I know that Thad is a hollow shell of his former self. I was in the political realm -albeit a small part - back when Thad and Trent and Haley were all the main men on the line. Haley still has clout, but not in the same way or strength he once had, Trent has retreated a lot from his position, and I think we know "why" , and Thad is slipping to an extent these days mentally. He ain't what he once was, for sure. There is now a small contingent controlling his moves.

Political Hack
02-16-2017, 09:00 AM
While your statement is true, Hack, you and I know that Thad is a hollow shell of his former self. I was in the political realm -albeit a small part - back when Thad and Trent and Haley were all the main men on the line. Haley still has clout, but not in the same way or strength he once had, Trent has retreated a lot from his position, and I think we know "why" , and Thad is slipping to an extent these days mentally. He ain't what he once was, for sure. There is now a small contingent controlling his moves.

Oh, there's zero doubt their influence has faded. Even Archie's has with his resignation from the playoff committee. Haley is the only one left with any major stroke at this point, but I'm not familiar with any A&M or Texas guys that have more stroke than he does. They may be out there. I'm just not familiar with them if they are.

I do think the Scruggs investigation/Lott's resignation, Thad's retirement, and Archie's fade from power have somewhat allowed a 4+ year NCAA investigation like this to persist. Had they still been in a place of power, this would've been wrapped up years ago.

beretta
02-16-2017, 09:10 AM
They will need a replacement for Tommy Spell on their "Executive Committee", as he will soon be heading to federal prison for defrauding TriCare, Medicare, and many other insurance carriers to the tune of over 400 million dollars with his compound Pharmacy scam. Wade Walters and Tommy Spell, 2 huge POS's who definitely deserve the shit show that is descending on top of them. Check out the front page of the Clarion Ledger for more details on their elaborate scam.

There are a lot of them going to jail over that scam....including some family of former ole miss football players.....that deal is so bad, the state board of medical examiners, et al, won't even touch it until the FBI is done investigating it.....

Liverpooldawg
02-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Has beens. Texas IS what Ole Miss dreams of being but never will be.

smootness
02-16-2017, 09:17 AM

That is not a conflict of interest. Against NCAA rules, and potentially illegal according to tax law, sure. But 'conflict of interest' is not the right term for that.

Boodawg
02-16-2017, 09:18 AM
There are a lot of them going to jail over that scam....including some family of former ole miss football players.....that deal is so bad, the state board of medical examiners, et al, won't even touch it until the FBI is done investigating it.....

I'd love to know who all is involved or implicated in the investigation. I have a neighbor who swears his Dad is not involved, but I have heard otherwise. Will be interesting to see who all is involved.

smootness
02-16-2017, 09:19 AM

Ok, yeah, that's fine.

Liverpooldawg
02-16-2017, 09:20 AM
university endowment does not equal national political power. Holding the seats of RNC Chair and Senate Approps Chair does. If you can't understand that, there's no point in discussing this any further.

It's not the endowment, it's the people behind the money that provided that endowment. They may not be high profile, but they have plenty of power. As you have admitted the people you talk about are not what they were. Even then, Texas carried a heck of a lot of weight.

WSOPdawg
02-16-2017, 09:26 AM

And also gets meetings schedule with other bodies (such as the NCAA) where who know what sort of quid-pro-quo can be arranged on a certain institution's behalf, which I hope like hades does not occur.

WSOPdawg
02-16-2017, 09:28 AM
That is not a conflict of interest. Against NCAA rules, and potentially illegal according to tax law, sure. But 'conflict of interest' is not the right term for that.

Agree

Political Hack
02-16-2017, 09:29 AM
It's not the endowment, it's the people behind the money that provided that endowment. They may not be high profile, but they have plenty of power. As you have admitted the people you talk about are not what they were. Even then, Texas carried a heck of a lot of weight.

I'm not saying Texas alumni don't have a lot of influence. I'm just saying they aren't and never have been at the level Ole Miss was from the mid-90's through the turn of the century. Haley is credited for winning back the congress for the GOP in 1990's after a huge drought in DC. He's essentially the God Father of the modern Republican Party. And shortly after gaining that influence you had Trent with a power spot in the senate and Thad as approps chair. Three Ole Miss guys were running the show in DC. It's not even debatable.

Liverpooldawg
02-16-2017, 09:43 AM
I'm not saying Texas alumni don't have a lot of influence. I'm just saying they aren't and never have been at the level Ole Miss was from the mid-90's through the turn of the century. Haley is credited for winning back the congress for the GOP in 1990's after a huge drought in DC. He's essentially the God Father of the modern Republican Party. And shortly after gaining that influence you had Trent with a power spot in the senate and Thad as approps chair. Three Ole Miss guys were running the show in DC. It's not even debatable.

I'm not debating that. I agree. The key word there though is "were". Even then you better believe when some of the Texas people said jump the people in Washington GOP circles certainly found out how high they wanted them to jump, and in many cases did it. There were some pretty powerful people from Texas in GOP circles during those times. I think two of them might have even been elected president. They may not have had ties to UT, but you can bet some of their closest supporters did.

BrunswickDawg
02-16-2017, 10:56 AM
So my question is this:
With all the emphasis on athletics - known ACT fraud, probable grade fixing, undue influence of donors/athletics in the selection of school administration - at what point does SACS come in and start questioning their accreditation? That could be a fun side effect of all of this - the unintended consequences of their actions become that "The Flagship" gets put on athletic AND academic probation.

ILOATHEBears
02-16-2017, 12:11 PM
So my question is this:
With all the emphasis on athletics - known ACT fraud, probable grade fixing, undue influence of donors/athletics in the selection of school administration - at what point does SACS come in and start questioning their accreditation? That could be a fun side effect of all of this - the unintended consequences of their actions become that "The Flagship" gets put on athletic AND academic probation.

That would be glorious as well. They can be referred to as the Harvard of the south community college

gtowndawg
02-16-2017, 12:36 PM
So my question is this:

Valid point.

the59dawg
02-16-2017, 12:56 PM

Here 'tis.
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2017/02/15/details-emerge-alleged-compounding-pharmacy-scheme/97974588/

RocketDawg
02-16-2017, 05:44 PM
Here 'tis.
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2017/02/15/details-emerge-alleged-compounding-pharmacy-scheme/97974588/

That's some major criminal activity there. Wonder if all 4 of them are OM grads. A lifetime sentence would be too light.

WSOPdawg
02-16-2017, 07:47 PM
Here 'tis.

cliff notes so I don't have to give the CL another set of eye balls, please.

Reunion Dog
02-16-2017, 08:58 PM
has a nice jet plane that flies all over the country....

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-16-2017, 10:51 PM
That's some major criminal activity there. Wonder if all 4 of them are OM grads. A lifetime sentence would be too light.

The Barretts went to NELA (Monroe). Jonnita's dad, the late Johnny Brewer, played for Vaught back in the late 50's. I know people that know Chad personally....let's just say the guy isn't good person.

Schultzy
02-16-2017, 11:08 PM
The Barretts went to NELA (Monroe). Jonnita's dad, the late Johnny Brewer, played for Vaught back in the late 50's. I know people that know Chad personally....let's just say the guy isn't good person.
Hey IttaBena, sorry to high jack the thread but do you remember some post you made a couple of years ago w/a pic captioned representing some posters on here that was so damn funny. Any way you could re-post that?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-18-2017, 12:45 AM
Sorry Shultzy. The mind ain't what it used to be....hard to remember something from last month. 2 yrs ago? No way. Don't think ED will let you search old post that far back.

Bamboo
02-18-2017, 03:26 AM
I'm still confused with what all of these high profile donors have actually been able to accomplish.

A bottom tier sec school with no real athletic accomplishments ever? The only thing they are known for is being the most racist and ignorant student body in America.

I personally don't think that most of them fall in that category, but the vocal minority overpowers the normal majority.

Reason2succeed
02-18-2017, 08:10 AM
I'm still confused with what all of these high profile donors have actually been able to accomplish.

A bottom tier sec school with no real athletic accomplishments ever? The only thing they are known for is being the most racist and ignorant student body in America.

I personally don't think that most of them fall in that category, but the vocal minority overpowers the normal majority.

I'll tell you.

1) They won some "recruiting titles" and were talked about favorably on TV. All they care about is perception and they got positive perception.

2) Because of the aforementioned hype they got to think they were better than MSU. They will never admit that they care about this because "LSU is their real rival" but this whole thing started when Mullen beat them three times in a row and declared that we would not lose to them again. His words will be true because all of their wins over us since that time will likely be vacated.

3) They got to beat Bama twice and feel like they were actually a blue blooded big boy program for a couple of years. Once again harkening back to their need for positive perception.

The good ole boy Network got exactly what they wanted but in an Aladdin's lamp type of way. It is now all about to be taken away for a LONG time. Good riddance. I hope they get dropped from the SEC.

Bamboo
02-18-2017, 04:12 PM
I'll tell you.

1) They won some "recruiting titles" and were talked about favorably on TV. All they care about is perception and they got positive perception.

2) Because of the aforementioned hype they got to think they were better than MSU. They will never admit that they care about this because "LSU is their real rival" but this whole thing started when Mullen beat them three times in a row and declared that we would not lose to them again. His words will be true because all of their wins over us since that time will likely be vacated.

3) They got to beat Bama twice and feel like they were actually a blue blooded big boy program for a couple of years. Once again harkening back to their need for positive perception.

The good ole boy Network got exactly what they wanted but in an Aladdin's lamp type of way. It is now all about to be taken away for a LONG time. Good riddance. I hope they get dropped from the SEC.

I appreciate the thoughtful reply, and I understand and agree with what you said. But if that makes their so called "big money" donors happy, then they really are as ignorant and idiotic as we all believe.