PDA

View Full Version : Women's basketball roster and recruiting.

drummerdawg
02-14-2017, 04:33 PM
Looking at State's roster (specifically post players), we currently have 6'5" Okorie and 6'7" McCowan as our bigs. We'll lose Okorie after this year and will be left with McCowan. Who will help her down low next year? Besides McCowan next year, our next tallest player is only 6'3". I looked at our recruiting and it doesn't look like we've recruited any big girls. Are we going to find a transfer or something?

State's last two signing classes:
2016 - Jacaira Allen 5-10 G
2017 - Myah Taylor 5-6 G, Bre'Amber Scott 5-10 G, Nyah Tate 6-0 G

Looks like we're going guard heavy.

smootness
02-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Looking at State's roster (specifically post players), we currently have 6'5" Okorie and 6'7" McCowan as our bigs. We'll lose Okorie after this year and will be left with McCowan. Who will help her down low next year? Besides McCowan next year, our next tallest player is only 6'3". I looked at our recruiting and it doesn't look like we've recruited any big girls. Are we going to find a transfer or something?

State's last two signing classes:
2016 - Jacaira Allen 5-10 G
2017 - Myah Taylor 5-6 G, Bre'Amber Scott 5-10 G, Nyah Tate 6-0 G

Looks like we're going guard heavy.

McCowan will likely play more minutes than she has this year and be our primary center. We don't necessarily need another true center beyond that. I don't know anything about Zion Campbell, but I have been really impressed with Ameshya Williams in the limited time she's had. I think she'll probably become our 4.

It's nice to have two true centers like we do this year, but I think we'll be fine with just one. And 6'2"-6'3" can play center effectively in the women's game if needed.

We definitely have gone guard-heavy in recruiting, but we'll lose Dillingham, William, Schaefer, Roshunda Johnson, and Vivians over the next 2 years, so we need that. We may bring in someone late. Wasn't McCowan a relatively late get herself?

Leeshouldveflanked
02-14-2017, 05:06 PM
I think he is close to having a 6'6" girl lined up.....

WSOPdawg
02-14-2017, 05:22 PM
I liked hearing Okorie and McCowan described as 'aircraft carriers' by Howland and tv talking heads. Just implied the power on our team and how opponents better be aware of what's coming and what they've gotta deal with.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Ameshya Williams is class of '16 & she's going to be really good. I think the offense goes more toward your traditional 4 & 5 in the post next yr. vs. the stretch 4 we play with Richardson/Chapel. She's 6'2 with best vertical on the team, more athletic but less skilled than Richardson/Chapel, & more comfortable around the basket. I see her and McCowan playing together very nicely on the block, and see us playing inside-out a lot more, as opposed to having our 4 be a primary ball handler running the weave like Richardson does.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-14-2017, 05:26 PM
I think he is close to having a 6'6" girl lined up.....

got name or home state?