PDA

View Full Version : Are we missing both our PG's for tonight vs UGA?

Dawg61
02-14-2017, 03:04 PM
Peters and Ready both out? This gonna get Rick Ray in Hawaii ugly. Maybe we should start Strugg at PG since we kept him over Tookie Brown.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-14-2017, 03:07 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59939318.jpg

louisvilledawg
02-14-2017, 03:15 PM
Glad tonight is Valentine's Day - at least I have an excuse to not watch us tonight. It's just become exhausting haha. Can't wait to see the box score tomorrow and see who scored their career high - JJ Frazier or Maten.

confucius say
02-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Explains the 9 point line tonight. I thought that seemed a little high.

msstate7
02-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Peters and Ready both out? This gonna get Rick Ray in Hawaii ugly. Maybe we should start Strugg at PG since we kept him over Tookie Brown.

Just an awful decision by howland to go with strugg over tookie. You and I melted when tookie was dropped and have been missing him since...

Tookie '17 stats -- 18.1 ppg 3.6 rpg 4.1 apg 1.6 spg

Unbelievable decision to keep strugg

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-14-2017, 04:12 PM
Just an awful decision by howland to go with strugg over tookie. You and I melted when tookie was dropped and have been missing him since...

Yeah it probably had nothing to do with the fact that we had one scholly available in 2015. We desperately needed big men and signing Malik was a possibility once Howland was hired. It's easy to second guess the decision now, but continue on with the melt...

chef dixon
02-14-2017, 04:19 PM
Having Tookie really doesn't change much for us. Why would we have 3 point guards anyway? We already have too many guards and not enough minutes. Its just dumb luck they are both hurt. One of the major reasons we have been struggling is the inside game once again. Holman has kind of disappeared the second half of the season.

smootness
02-14-2017, 04:21 PM
I loved Tookie's play and wanted him for sure, but we just have to let it go. Not worth continuing to harp on. You never know what happens if we take him, either. Maybe he tears it up as a freshman last year and Peters thinks twice about coming in, thinking he won't get as much playing time. Maybe it becomes a little tougher to get Nick W in if both Tookie and Peters look really good this year.

You just never know. Sure, if we had it to do over again, I would definitely want Tookie, as I did at the time. But ultimately, the question is just whether or not you like the situation we're in right now. If you do, let it go and focus on what we have. If you don't, then by all means, go nuts.

confucius say
02-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Would tookie be playing over peters? If not, what's the fuss about?

msstate7
02-14-2017, 04:39 PM
Yeah it probably had nothing to do with the fact that we had one scholly available in 2015. We desperately needed big men and signing Malik was a possibility once Howland was hired. It's easy to second guess the decision now, but continue on with the melt...
We needed quality big men, not strugg

msstate7
02-14-2017, 04:40 PM
Would tookie be playing over peters? If not, what's the fuss about?

Last I checked when we had 2 healthy PGs, both played the majority of mins together on the court

msstate7
02-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Having Tookie really doesn't change much for us. Why would we have 3 point guards anyway? We already have too many guards and not enough minutes. Its just dumb luck they are both hurt. One of the major reasons we have been struggling is the inside game once again. Holman has kind of disappeared the second half of the season.

Tookie > ready

RocketDawg
02-14-2017, 04:48 PM

Maybe there were other, off the court, factors.

smootness
02-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Tookie > ready

He would not be playing over a healthy Ready right now. He might be taking some of Ready's minutes, but he wouldn't be playing more.

confucius say
02-14-2017, 05:04 PM
Last I checked when we had 2 healthy PGs, both played the majority of mins together on the court

So you're saying tookie would be getting ready's minutes? Nope. Howland loves "steady ready" as he calls him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-14-2017, 05:04 PM

I think it's because he wanted Peters the next year and sweeten chances with....ahem** Malik Newman

MCsMGs
02-14-2017, 05:41 PM
Do we know for sure that they are both out?

msstate7
02-14-2017, 05:52 PM
I think it's because he wanted Peters the next year and sweeten chances with....ahem** Malik Newman

Definitely think Malik was part of it and if it was Malik or tookie, you've gotta take Malik. If Malik would've came along with tookie, I definitely think and said at the time to take tookie. Tookie is a great scorer. Oh well, beat Georgia

MarketingBully
02-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Do we know for sure that they are both out?

It's speculation. We could be without both but I bet Peters plays.