PDA

View Full Version : So OM breaks into the top 25 after beating a shit Vandy team and SEMS?

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Good god what these pollsters smoking. Whether or not you think OM is actually a top 25 team isn't the point. The point is that they moved into the top 25 without doing shit

Furthermore, the SEC power rankings this morning are dumb. Geeeeez, My biggest pet peeve is media that can't evaluate talent and can't watch games with their eyes.

Around The SEC ‏@AroundTheSEC 10m
Week 2 #SEC Power Rankings (1/2):
7. Ole Miss
8. Vanderbilt
9. Auburn
10. Tennessee
11. Missouri
12. Miss State
13. Arkansas
14. Kentucky

Quaoarsking
09-08-2013, 11:42 AM
The problem is with preseason polls in the first place. They should wait about 6 weeks to have polls, and then these things would sort themselves out.

MarketingBully01
09-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Big put up or shut up weekend. Those rankings can be rearranged quite a bit if we win and Texas beats Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2013, 11:44 AM
After watching Vandy and Tennessee play, Mullen should be fired if we didn't beat both of those teams. As for Auburn, I think we put them in their place next Saturday.

cheewgumm
09-08-2013, 11:45 AM
OM is going to beat Texas to death. It's pretty clear from watching them both play.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Big put up or shut up weekend. Those rankings can be rearranged quite a bit if we win and Texas beats Ole Miss.

No doubt, its just infuriating that the media is this awful at ranking teams and watching games. OM hasn't done jack shit to be in the top 25. I guess it was to our advantage last year.

thf24
09-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Somewhat similar to 2009 when they moved all the way up to #4 without beating anyone. I've always been dumbfounded by the way the media becomes infatuated with OM whenever they're halfway decent, or even seem like they could be. Without going into needless details, they have plenty of characteristics and history that should make them an ideal whipping boy for the media given its PC police status. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they're setting them up for an even juicier narrative when they inevitably fall on their faces again, but that's never been capitalized on at least in the recent past either; they're allowed to just sort of fade away again.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2013, 11:47 AM
OM is going to beat Texas to death. It's pretty clear from watching them both play.

Really?? You could tell that because OM beat Vandy and SEMS, and Texas had to play in altitude on the road at BYU against a power running game? I think Texas circles the wagons this week and beats OM.

Don't be like the media and have knee jerk reactions. Texas had an awful night in tough circumstances. It doesn't mean that OM is going to walk into Austin and beat them.

Political Hack
09-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Texas is the most overrated team/program in the country right now. they're awful. The guy taking the snap ran for over 200 against them. They couldn't stop a rugby team.

Quaoarsking
09-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Looking at Texas's schedule, I doubt they make a bowl if they lose to Ole Miss:
Date Time Opponent# Rank# Site TV Result Attendance
August 31 7:00 PM New Mexico State* #15 Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX LHN W 56–7 99,623
September 7 6:00 PM at BYU* #16 LaVell Edwards Stadium • Provo, UT ESPN2/LHN L 21–40 63,197
September 14 7:00 PM Ole Miss* Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX LHN
September 21 Kansas State Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX
October 3 6:30 PM at Iowa State Jack Trice Stadium • Ames, IA ESPN
October 12 vs. Oklahoma Cotton Bowl • Dallas, TX (Red River Rivalry)
October 26 at TCU Amon G. Carter Stadium • Fort Worth, TX
November 2 2:30 PM Kansas Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX LHN
November 9 at West Virginia Mountaineer Field • Morgantown, WV
November 16 Oklahoma State Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX
November 28 6:30 PM Texas Techdagger Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX (Battle for the Chancellor's Spurs) FS1
December 7 at Baylor Floyd Casey Stadium • Waco, TX

RougeDawg
09-08-2013, 01:51 PM

Jesus Christ, they beat a directional school that most just learned had a football team and a vandy team that couldn't fight it's way out of a paper bag.

While TX got man handled by a bunch of 22-26 year old men. Think before you post.

Political Hack
09-08-2013, 02:05 PM
OM is the only school that could beat turn a good recruiting class and victories against Vandy and SEMO into a top 25 ranking.

notsofarawaydawg
09-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Reality is about to set in. It's going to be a hard fall for all those stupid ass fans of theirs. Just proves that too many people listen to those talking heads on ESPN.

cheewgumm
09-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Look, I'll be pulling for Texas hard, but Ole Miss is good. they are not Bama, but they are gonna beat Texas.

I'm not saying OM is headed for the NC, but Texas looked horrible. Horrible.

Jesus Christ, they beat a directional school that most just learned had a football team and a vandy team that couldn't fight it's way out of a paper bag.

While TX got man handled by a bunch of 22-26 year old men. Think before you post.

Radddawg
09-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Reality is about to set in. It's going to be a hard fall for all those stupid ass fans of theirs. Just proves that too many people listen to those talking heads on ESPN.

This

Dawgowar
09-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Look, ESPN picks a few storylines every year and templates their coverage around them until reality hits. Ole Miss is a designated underdog story until proven otherwise. Brando's daughter attends that place - add to that his major man-crush on all things manning - and CBS loves Ole Miss. It is what it is, just makes beating them straight up that much sweeter. JWS taught me they are neither giants nor anything remotely approaching their own hype. We have beaten them with few wins and with a winning record.

I refuse to not enjoy what is being built, sometimes more slowly than I like, at MSU. That foundation will gets us to a steady 6-8 wins and that result will let us build an expectation of 8-10 wins.

Next week you will see if Texas has any pride at all. Most out here thinks they are spoiled brat athletes with no sense of team. Mack Brown has lost them and a change should have happened last January. I do not care one iota if TSUN smacks them down. Makes us look all the better when we beat them in Starkvegas.

Oh, and brace yourselves - ESPN has another ESPN 30 for 30 coming out on .....Archie Manning and his impact on the SEC. Please, be kind, we really get no coverage of this iconic...barf. Brando shot jizz through the radio talking about it yesterday morning.