PDA

View Full Version : For tonight only, Go UCONN women!!!

WSOPdawg
02-13-2017, 07:58 PM
Losing tonight only allows UCONN to re-focus leading up to post-season play. Plus with only 1 loss, our Lady Dogs can further separate themselves from SCar while running toward a #1 seed in the Big Dance.

TaleofTwoDogs
02-13-2017, 08:05 PM
The flip side is that a UCONN loss would take the pressure off the UCONN girls which results in some loss of focus and they drop another game or two. Probably not so I'll go with your theory.

confucius say
02-13-2017, 08:33 PM
I'm actually hoping usce is good enough to beat them. Bc if they are, so are we.

WSOPdawg
02-13-2017, 08:41 PM
I'm actually hoping usce is good enough to beat them. Bc if they are, so are we.

Agree, but if USC beats them, does that not lock up a #1 seed for USC?

While we are currently projected to be a #1 (ahead of USC b/c they've got more losses than us), I'd hate to be pushed back to a #2 seed b/c USC finds a way to win this game. I'd like to think we've got just as good a chance to beat UCONN as SC does but it will take everybody playing a near-perfect game.

Go UCONN!!!

preachermatt83
02-13-2017, 08:46 PM
I hope UConn wins by 1 point

preachermatt83
02-13-2017, 08:47 PM
I think it will be very close. This is an outstanding UConn team but they are not close to the team they were last yr.

ScoobaDawg
02-13-2017, 08:48 PM
It should be an interesting game. Will be a good measure to see how we compare to UCONN.
If I'm rooting for any other team.. It's TAMU or Kentucky or any of the 4 SEC games USC has left to play so we can win the SEC.

Quaoarsking
02-13-2017, 09:22 PM
Texas and Florida State currently in double overtime.

A Texas win would be big for us, since it knocks down FSU's resume a little (they're in competition for a 1) and makes our win over Texas look that much more impressive.

RocketDawg
02-13-2017, 09:39 PM
I think it will be very close. This is an outstanding UConn team but they are not close to the team they were last yr.

I watched a couple of minutes on ESPN News ... looks like UConn has one tall gal that's pretty good, but nothing like the one they had last year. They're good, but not as good as they were. I'm with you ... hope they win by 1. And right now it's 19-16, so pretty close.

RocketDawg
02-13-2017, 09:41 PM

A Texas win would be big for us, since it knocks down FSU's resume a little (they're in competition for a 1) and makes our win over Texas look that much more impressive.

Looks like Texas will probaby win.

WSOPdawg
02-13-2017, 09:43 PM

Texas wins 92-88 -- definitely good for us.

LC Dawg
02-13-2017, 10:26 PM
SC is doing a good job controlling the tempo. They just need to keep UConn from making any kind of a run because if they get on one they may not stop. The end of the first half stopped what could have been a big run.
This game makes me feel even better about our team. We can play with UConn.

WSOPdawg
02-13-2017, 10:32 PM
SC is doing a good job controlling the tempo. They just need to keep UConn from making any kind of a run because if they get on one they may not stop. The end of the first half stopped what could have been a big run.
This game makes me feel even better about our team. We can play with UConn.

Definitely agree. But I also think it'll take a complete game where we are being very opportunistic, hitting our free throws and not missing open 3's and layups.

But UConn is definitely not the team they were at the end of last year.

West Tn Dawg
02-13-2017, 10:54 PM
It has not cost them the game, but SC is getting a small taste of that home cooking we got at SC!