PDA

View Full Version : I'm Calling It Now....

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Tommy Tuberville will be OM's coach this Fall.

Bo just did an excellent interview with him and asked,"would taking over a program like Jim Grobe did at Baylor interest you. "

Tubs basically said he'd love too. Sounds great

starkvegasdawg
02-13-2017, 10:52 AM
You really think they would hire pine box Tubs? I'll put my v cash on that. No way he is the coach at TSUN this September.

Mjoelner34
02-13-2017, 10:53 AM
Tommy Tuberville will be OM's coach this Fall.

Bo just did an excellent interview with him and asked,"would taking over a program like Jim Grobe did at Baylor interest you. "

Tubs basically said he'd love too. Sounds great

John Gruden and Tony Dungy have to say 'No' first.

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2017, 10:54 AM
You really think they would hire pine box Tubs? I'll put my v cash on that. No way he is the coach at TSUN this September.

Not sure but it's easily probably the best hire they could make.

maroonmania
02-13-2017, 10:55 AM
I'm just ready to see ol' Hugh get shown the door by the NCAA so we can get the Swaggert tearfest with his "resignation". Should be classic entertainment.

Bubb Rubb
02-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Not sure but it's easily probably the best hire they could make.

It would be beautiful. And it would be even more beautiful if he leaves in his pinebox the same way he did last time.

But.....it ain't happening. That guy is pretty well hated in Oxford these days.

HereComesTheSpiral
02-13-2017, 11:00 AM
Going to let Harry speak for me.

http://catchquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/201-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

StoneDawg
02-13-2017, 11:02 AM
Rob Ryan

TrapGame
02-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Tubberville would only go back to Oxford to get the pine box he left there.

Although, the thought of Tommy T being the only coach they could get would be deliciously ironic.

ScottH
02-13-2017, 11:34 AM
Do they have new DL coach yet?

Westdawg
02-13-2017, 11:52 AM
Do they have new DL coach yet?

i am gonna go ahead and call this one ---- they won't hire another coach until after the new NOA/ amended NOA drops.
The reason for this is simple - you won't get anyone else dumb enough to leave what they know they have to go to somewhere that they know they very likely won't be by the time the season rolls around. Any coach with a clue knows that this is bad, really bad. And they aren't going to jeopardize their current AND future situations by rolling the dice and coming to OM. Truth is, that staff is a dead man walking. and no one wants to go for fear that they will be shown the door when everyone gets the boot from a new/interim coach.

ETA

the ONLY way i would come as an assistant coach is that in my contract I have GUARANTEED MONEY for the one/two year contract, and that I have the option to leave with all said salary should the NCAA hand down major sanctions (i.e. bowl bans, show cause for HC, major losses of schollys, etc.). This is what McCriff got, and thats the only guy that would take it. He knew he could milk this for a big payday, and that they were desperate for someone - ANYONE - with a pulse to come be the DC. he did just like all those prospects did to OM, use them for their money, and end up not giving them much in the end but a big turd.

RougeDawg
02-13-2017, 12:21 PM

You left out Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh. These 4 will have to turn it down before they can offer Tubby.

SDDawg
02-13-2017, 12:35 PM
Shea Patterson's brother has my vote. **

Todd4State
02-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Shea Patterson's brother has my vote. **

That sounds like something they would do. And sadly I'm being serious.

However after Dungy, Harbaugh, Gruden, Saban, and Bellicheck turn them down I bet they end up with Jay Hopson if I had to guess. That or someone that is desperate to coach in the SEC or a guy like Croom.

TrapGame
02-13-2017, 12:53 PM
That sounds like something they would do. And sadly I'm being serious.

However after Dungy, Harbaugh, Gruden, Saban, and Bellicheck turn them down I bet they end up with Jay Hopson if I had to guess. That or someone that is desperate to coach in the SEC or a guy like Croom.

I bet Hopson stays at USM. OM will be too toxic even for him.

Bubb Rubb
02-13-2017, 01:06 PM
You left out Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh. These 4 will have to turn it down before they can offer Tubby.

Dennis Erickson, too.

BrunswickDawg
02-13-2017, 01:09 PM

Hopson has an opportunity to build at USM and turn them into a team that competes for CUSA titles. Why go to OM to be last in the SEC every year?

Johnson85
02-13-2017, 01:13 PM

Yeah, I think when Hopson talks about being where he wants to be, it's not just normal coachspeak. I'm sure there's a dollar amount where he'd leave to go to a bigger program, but he's young enough that coaching at USM long term and keeping his family basically where they've been for a while will probably trump a three to four year payday at UM.

Johnson85
02-13-2017, 01:22 PM

If they get the sanctions everybody expects, I think they'd swallow their pride and take him. I don't think Tubberville would take the job. He may not be a hot commodity right now, but he'll have better options than that.

spiral
02-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Does Donnie Tyndall's show cause apply to football? OM has respect for basketball coaches turned football coaches plus Donnie appears to have a penchant for running a program in the manner OM approves

HSVDawg
02-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Hopson has an opportunity to build at USM and turn them into a team that competes for CUSA titles. Why go to OM to be last in the SEC every year?

Same reason Cohen came from UK to MSU when we were the worst team in the league. When Mama calls you home, its hard to turn it down no matter what.

GTHOM
02-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Bobby Hall***

Jack Lambert
02-13-2017, 01:52 PM

Last time Ole Miss was on probation and only had 65 scholarships to give out they had winning seasons and he was the coach.

starkvegasdawg
02-13-2017, 02:35 PM
Last time Ole Miss was on probation and only had 65 scholarships to give out they had winning seasons and he was the coach.

I'm just not sure their pride would allow them to hire him back. They have called him everything short of being satan himself since he left. That would be a lot of pride to swallow to once again embrace him as head coach.

Todd4State
02-13-2017, 02:36 PM

And two of those were over VMI and Idaho State.

dawgday166
02-13-2017, 02:47 PM
And two of those were over VMI and Idaho State.

Is that sorta like our typical strong OOC of the likes of USA, Samford, & UMass *****

If you win 6 to 9 games a year, it doesn't matter who your OOC opponents are ... just ask the majority of folks on any MSU message board *****

Todd4State
02-13-2017, 02:50 PM
Is that sorta like our typical strong OOC of the likes of USA, Samford, & UMass *****

At least our schedule only had one I-AA team on it. And South Alabama at least went to a bowl.

Bubb Rubb
02-13-2017, 03:43 PM

If you win 6 to 9 games a year, it doesn't matter who your OOC opponents are ... just ask the majority of folks on any MSU message board *****

It was a different era. They were only playing 11 game schedules back then, and the gap was much more narrow between the SEC and many of those mid majors. Ole Miss played some truly shitty non conference opponents because they had to. It wasn't a bad strategy - I think it was smart. It helped mask just how much of a dumpster fire their program was at the time.

Boodawg
02-13-2017, 03:52 PM
When they do hire an unproven coach they will say, "We could've got Archie, Tubby, Gruden, etc., but we decided to go another direction"

Jack Lambert
02-13-2017, 04:51 PM
I'm just not sure their pride would allow them to hire him back. They have called him everything short of being satan himself since he left. That would be a lot of pride to swallow to once again embrace him as head coach.

I agree! Pride will kill.

Bucky Dog
02-13-2017, 05:31 PM
I'm sure they could get Hal Mumme.

Turfdawg67
02-13-2017, 05:39 PM

Saban not good enough for the Bears, eh? Hearing they might make a run at Belichick. ***

WSOPdawg
02-13-2017, 05:42 PM
I'm sure they could get Hal Mumme.

Let's add Brian Kelly and Chris Petersen to their list while we're at it. Cuz the Grove is sooooooo-o-o-o-o much better than South Bend and Husky Stadium.

Turfdawg67
02-13-2017, 05:48 PM
It was a different era. They were only playing 11 game schedules back then, and the gap was much more narrow between the SEC and many of those mid majors. Ole Miss played some truly shitty non conference opponents because they had to. It wasn't a bad strategy - I think it was smart. It helped mask just how much of a dumpster fire their program was at the time.

What they did was miraculous! Talk around that time, much like this time, is that UM will be decimated but it didn't happen! Tubby, scheduling and "walk-ons" prevented the dumpster fire it should've been!! It better happen this time!!

Turfdawg67
02-13-2017, 05:50 PM

Good lord... 1700 posts and I'd bet my bottom dollar you are a Bear. Have you ever said anything positive about State?

wasabaka
02-13-2017, 05:53 PM
Does Donnie Tyndall's show cause apply to football? OM has respect for basketball coaches turned football coaches plus Donnie appears to have a penchant for running a program in the manner OM approves

This comment is underrated. I laughed.

Dawgology
02-13-2017, 06:02 PM
They could probably hire Hevesy as their HC. We'd give them a good deal...

parabrave
02-13-2017, 06:08 PM
Bobby Hall***

Na he's too busy coaching Lil Patterson.

IMissJack
02-13-2017, 08:40 PM
They will interview some big names to make the masses feel good about themselves and sell the fact they are relevant; then they will hire a retread or no name young guy that they will have to overpay for.

TrapGame
02-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Same reason Cohen came from UK to MSU when we were the worst team in the league. When Mama calls you home, its hard to turn it down no matter what.

Well, in this case his mama's a lying whore.

dawgday166
02-13-2017, 11:34 PM
Good lord... 1700 posts and I'd bet my bottom dollar you are a Bear. Have you ever said anything positive about State?

Yea ... baseball was good last year. May have lost to a good team in Supers but enjoyable team to watch, and played really good teams to win the SEC.

I think basketball will turn around in a year or 2. I think Howland is an excellent coach.

We had a good run in 14 in football but that's over now. Where we are now vs then is night and day. And we're not fixing to get killed by the NCAA either ... this was self-imposed. I am still somewhat hopeful that the changes that are being made turn out good. They appear so on paper and I'm moderately encouraged some. But moral victories in football and getting beaten each year by 4 SEC W teams and then patting ourselves on the back saying we won 8 is getting a little stale to me.

Drugs Delaney
02-14-2017, 06:53 AM
What they did was miraculous! Talk around that time, much like this time, is that UM will be decimated but it didn't happen! Tubby, scheduling and "walk-ons" prevented the dumpster fire it should've been!! It better happen this time!! They never let up on their cheating either. Everyone in Lee county knows who bought their QB, although he does love him like a son and only matched what Alabama offered. I'm sure French and Deuce were paid too.