PDA

View Full Version : Judging from Twitter, it looks like Jr. Day was a rousing success

Todd4State
02-12-2017, 02:35 AM
I think the 2018 class could be a little bit deeper than 2017.

You have Marcus Murphy and Fabian Franklin at RB who are comparable to Kylin and Akers, Malik Heath is better than any WR in state last year, Reed Tyler is better than Chase Rogers, and then you have Kwatrivous Johnson, Nik Hogan, Hayden Burton from Parklane Academy and maybe even Trace Clopton as o-line prospects.

But I think the place where this class really shines is on defense. Dominic Eiland and Jeffrey Johnson at NT/DT, Fabien Lovett and James Williams at DE, Deutra Hyman and Jaden Crumedy at OLB, Jett Johnson and Will Robinson at LB, and then Jaylon Reed, Jamaurian Jones at CB and Esias Furdge at DB probably safety.

I don't know if Chris Scott is dead set on playing QB, but he could be a good player in the SEC at maybe WR.

CJ Bolar is another good looking prospect as well.

The good news is I wouldn't be surprised if we got most of these players.

StatesboroBlues
02-12-2017, 04:57 AM
Isn't Marcus Murphy being recruited as a Safety by most everyone?

KB21
02-12-2017, 08:42 AM

You have Marcus Murphy and Fabian Franklin at RB who are comparable to Kylin and Akers, Malik Heath is better than any WR in state last year, Reed Tyler is better than Chase Rogers, and then you have Kwatrivous Johnson, Nik Hogan, Hayden Burton from Parklane Academy and maybe even Trace Clopton as o-line prospects.

But I think the place where this class really shines is on defense. Dominic Eiland and Jeffrey Johnson at NT/DT, Fabien Lovett and James Williams at DE, Deutra Hyman and Jaden Crumedy at OLB, Jett Johnson and Will Robinson at LB, and then Jaylon Reed, Jamaurian Jones at CB and Esias Furdge at DB probably safety.

I don't know if Chris Scott is dead set on playing QB, but he could be a good player in the SEC at maybe WR.

I think Eiland is a 2019 recruit. Otherwise, I agree with you. My wife's cousin is in the same class as Hayden Burton at Parklane. I'll see if I can find something out about him.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-12-2017, 10:59 AM
Murphy isn't a RB. I don't see younger Eiland getting an offer. I think we will have to miss on some OOS guys before Burton or Clopton got offers. I'm anxious to see CJ Bolar in camp. I think that will tell the tale on him getting an offer.

On defense you have Jeffery Johnson at NG, James Williams & Fabien Lovett at 3-4 DE, & Jaden Crumedy & Deuntra Hymon as 3-4 OLB. I believe Jett Johnson will eventually get an offer. He & Will Robinson could be your 2 ILB but you don't want to take them too soon without seeing what OOS ILB are interested. Jemaurian Jones & Esaias Furdge are 2 CB I feel good about. I'm not sure if Jaylen Reed gets an offer or not. Marcus Murphy is our #1 Safety on the board.

Joe Schmedlap
02-12-2017, 11:14 AM
You said kwatrivous. Ha! That's funny right there.

HaggardDawg
02-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Everybody needs to get Kwatrivous Johnson's name right. It's DollaBill. Nobody knows him as Kwatrivous. EVERYBODY who's known him since he was in 5th grade knows him as Dolla Bill. That is all.

StatesboroBlues
02-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Everybody needs to get Kwatrivous Johnson's name right. It's DollaBill. Nobody knows him as Kwatrivous. EVERYBODY who's known him since he was in 5th grade knows him as Dolla Bill. That is all.

A # of players have a nickname...so no big deal people use his given name. Especially those that do not know him personally...

HaggardDawg
02-12-2017, 07:54 PM
A # of players have a nickname...so no big deal people use his given name. Especially those that do not know him personally...

I know, I was kidding. I know this kid and I'm excited about his future.

StatesboroBlues
02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
I know, I was kidding. I know this kid and I'm excited about his future.

Are you from the Gwood area? I saw him several times in basketball while he attended Delta Streets...

shoeless joe
02-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Murphy won't play RB exclusively in college...prolly not at all

HaggardDawg
02-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Are you from the Gwood area? I saw him several times in basketball while he attended Delta Streets...

Yes. He transferred to greenwood high last semester. Wish he would have stayed at Delta Streets. Amazing school and ministry T-Mac Howard has going on there.

Todd4State
02-12-2017, 09:13 PM

I'm good with Dolla Bill since I can actually spell that.

StatesboroBlues
02-12-2017, 10:32 PM
He really is doing a great job...takes a special someone.