PDA

View Full Version : What are the rules concerning signees?

Reason2succeed
02-11-2017, 10:28 PM
After watching Kylin Hill highlights I'm convinced that this kid is special. If he can learn the play and is willing to block SEC DL he will play early. With that said what are the rules for him receiving coaching, getting the playbook or coming to practice in the spring? He lives right in Columbus and should be able to be at practice almost everyday if he wanted to.

Same can be said for Willie Gay.

HoopsDawg
02-11-2017, 10:34 PM
After watching Kylin Hill highlights I'm convinced that this kid is special. If he can learn the play and is willing to block SEC DL he will play early. With that said what are the rules for him receiving coaching, getting the playbook or coming to practice in the spring? He lives right in Columbus and should be able to be at practice almost everyday if he wanted to.

Same can be said for Willie Gay.

They can't practice until they are enrolled. They can be given workout programs so I assume they can be given playbooks too.

Big4Dawg
02-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Free to go to practices and watch (I would think)

TaleofTwoDogs
02-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Just watched the highlights. Reminds me of a faster Anthony Dixon. Runs with power north & south. Didn't see much quick step to avoid the D, just ran through them. Hopefully, we will see him on the field before 2019.

Todd4State
02-12-2017, 02:17 AM
They can't practice until they are enrolled. They can be given workout programs so I assume they can be given playbooks too.

I know that Tyler Russell allegedly was given one of our playbooks after he had signed with us but not graduated. I don't see any problem or possible impropriety with it.

Todd4State
02-12-2017, 02:21 AM
Just watched the highlights. Reminds me of a faster Anthony Dixon. Runs with power north & south. Didn't see much quick step to avoid the D, just ran through them. Hopefully, we will see him on the field before 2019.

I don't think he will be quite as big as Dixon size wise. I don't know of anybody that I can think of off the top of my head that I can think of to compare him too, but I think he is a guy that is going to be a very complete back. I think he is going to run with power but I also think he is going to show really good hands out of the backfield.

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-12-2017, 02:33 AM
I don't think he will be quite as big as Dixon size wise. I don't know of anybody that I can think of off the top of my head that I can think of to compare him too, but I think he is a guy that is going to be a very complete back. I think he is going to run with power but I also think he is going to show really good hands out of the backfield.

I think he runs a lot like Zeke Elliot. Obviously cant assume he'll be THAT good, but they both dont waste time once they see a hole. Very north and south and tendency to fall forward. More powerful than their size.

Todd4State
02-12-2017, 02:36 AM
I think he runs a lot like Zeke Elliot. Obviously cant assume he'll be THAT good, but they both dont waste time once they see a hole. Very north and south and tendency to fall forward. More powerful than their size.

Yes- I agree. Obviously I'm hesitant to throw someone's name out like that but I can agree on the style.

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-12-2017, 03:05 AM
Yes- I agree. Obviously I'm hesitant to throw someone's name out like that but I can agree on the style.

Yeah I was hesitant to post it, but their styles are very similar.

Reason2succeed
02-12-2017, 08:41 AM
The kid has incredible balance and a mean jump cut that left one defender frozen in place. I think his game translates well.

KB21
02-12-2017, 08:52 AM
He has a lot of similarities to another RB from Lowndes County that played at Mississippi State.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/33/330341.jpg

I seen it dawg
02-12-2017, 09:10 AM
He has tremendous talent. He is gonna have to get tougher and want to be great to be upper echelon rb in this league. Not saying he wont but first he will have to get tougher.

lamont
02-12-2017, 09:13 AM
He likely redshirts

He has to learn the offense and how to passblock
We have Aeris as the true #1
We are looking at giving Mixon some TB reps
Gibson is a future All-SEC talent according to Bulldawg28 (he's really not but he is good enough to play some)

No reps to be had for Hill

confucius say
02-12-2017, 09:46 AM
Link to hill's highlights

Coursesuper
02-12-2017, 10:08 AM
He has a lot of similarities to another RB from Lowndes County that played at Mississippi State.

He has a way to go to get there yet.

lamont
02-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Damn 21 was a man. Such a tragedy

Ari Gold
02-12-2017, 10:24 AM
2 freshman that won't redshirt and one that hopefully will get to.
Hill
Gay
KT

Coursesuper
02-12-2017, 10:38 AM
Damn 21 was a man. Such a tragedy

He had the greatest vision of any back I've ever seen. His ability to see the game around him was unbelievable.

Lance Harbor
02-12-2017, 01:29 PM

http://www.scout.com/college/mississippi-state/story/540964-the-story-of-keffer-mcgeehttp://www.scout.com/college/mississippi-state/story/540964-the-story-of-keffer-mcgee