PDA

View Full Version : OM student accused of robbing store and head butted deputy...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-11-2017, 04:02 PM
http://walb.com/walb/db_383374/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=5B5OpLfz

NEW ALBANY, MS (Mississippi News Now) - An Ole Miss student from Brandon, who is accused of robbing a North Mississippi store, is now in trouble for assaulting an officer.

According to WTVA in Tupelo, Daniel Stewart Berry was heading to court Thursday morning when he shouted and headbutted a nearby deputy. He was quickly detained.

His family lives in Tupelo and he is currently enrolled at Ole Miss as a business major.

WTVA reports that at around 7:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Berry entered the West Union Quick Stop on Highway 30 and robbed the clerk. However, nearby customers managed to detain Berry until officers arrived on the scene.

Berry's bond was set today at $200,000.

Copyright 2017 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved. (Information from WTVA)

Ari Gold
02-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Baylor they are closing the gap.. y'all better step ya game up...

RocketDawg
02-11-2017, 05:05 PM
OK ... the guy who cursed and berated the ref at one of our games got humiliated and forced to write an apology to the ref, got kicked out of the Hump for the rest of the season, and will possibly get some sort of punishment from the University.

What will the Bear administration do to this guy? Doesn't say if it was armed robbery or not, but well could have been. Surely he won't be a student there any longer.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2017, 05:10 PM
I think I saw on WTVA where that guy is in critical condition in the hospital now. Whatever happened happened after he made bond and was released.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2017, 05:11 PM
OK ... the guy who cursed and berated the ref at one of our games got humiliated and forced to write an apology to the ref, got kicked out of the Hump for the rest of the season, and will possibly get some sort of punishment from the University.

What will the Bear administration do to this guy? Doesn't say if it was armed robbery or not, but well could have been. Surely he won't be a student there any longer.

Wasn't armed. He was supposedly out of it on something.

Political Hack
02-11-2017, 05:13 PM
WTF is wrong with that place? Good Lord, they need to shut it down. I'm embarrassed for them.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-11-2017, 05:45 PM
ETA I'm a dumbass and shouldn't assume shit.

I seen it dawg
02-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Don't go to jail. Don't be a shitbird. Don't get the holy **** beat out of you. Pretty simple.

Bully13
02-11-2017, 06:03 PM
They beat the shit out of him after he head butted that deputy is what happened. I don't agree with beating someone to the point they're in a coma though.

Who beat the shit out of him?

Leroy Jenkins
02-11-2017, 06:37 PM
They beat the shit out of him after he head butted that deputy is what happened. I don't agree with beating someone to the point they're in a coma though.

Who is "They"?

Gutter Cobreh
02-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Who is "They"?

I would assume "they" is the other deputies at the jail...

In the video, they jerk him up and take behind closed doors. This is a case where assault from a police officer is warranted.

Leroy Jenkins
02-11-2017, 06:43 PM

In the video, they jerk him up and take behind closed doors. This is a case where assault from a police officer is warranted.

The deputies beat him after he was released? OR... someone in his normal shitbird life beat him.

I seen it dawg
02-11-2017, 06:54 PM
Who cares

DownwardDawg
02-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Who cares

I agree with this statement.

Harrydawg
02-11-2017, 07:35 PM

I agree that this guy surely deserved whatever he got....to a point. But warranted? He is handcuffed, those officers will all be fired and possibly arrested if they beat him after this incident. Nothing warranted I assure you.

Bully13
02-11-2017, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure I'm cool with this.

RocketDawg
02-11-2017, 08:00 PM
I agree that this guy surely deserved whatever he got....to a point. But warranted? He is handcuffed, those officers will all be fired and possibly arrested if they beat him after this incident. Nothing warranted I assure you.

Correct. Not warranted if it happened. Police officers are paid to have patience, and in no case should they lose control. If they did something like that (a big if), then they should be prosecuted.

I seen it dawg
02-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Nobody here will ever have a clue one way or the other what actually happened so refrain from going down the political path and being moronic.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-11-2017, 08:34 PM
This kid had a bright future. In the video, it is clear that the young man had his hands up asking for mercy when the deputy viciously headbutted him. I shall now go burn down my town, loot stores, and start a movement to kill law enforcement officers.

Goldendawg
02-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Sorry wrong thread.

notsofarawaydawg
02-11-2017, 11:38 PM
Reports he may have been using one of the new synthetic drugs called "flakka".

News Link (http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/34480493/ole-miss-student-seen-head-butting-deputy-might-have-used-a-dangerous-drug)

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2017, 11:51 PM
AGAIN, according to WTVA he was out on bond when he wound up in the hospital.

notsofarawaydawg
02-12-2017, 12:28 AM
His so-called friends are commenting on the WTVA article that me must have some type of mental disorder. They can't believe he would act this way. Well folks, first of all, you have to have some type of mental disorder to attend UNM. Secondly, people you know do crazy things and put crazy shit in their bodies. Quit acting like you are a perfect person if you attend that crappy school in Oxford. Maybe he wanted to see the "beautiful campus" that attracts so many top ranked athletes.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-12-2017, 08:37 AM
He is in Critical Care unit detoxing..... He wasn't beaten by deputies.... WTVA didn't report he was beaten... his parents paid his bond and he was admitted to Hospital to detox...

I seen it dawg
02-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Wow so one poster (interpolation) says he got the shit beat out of him by deputies after the head butt and another (flanked) says he wasn't beaten at all and is in detox. I'm going political a little and saying the shit interpolation attempted to start up is what's wrong with so many people right now. Just go straight to trying to stir shit up instead of just waiting to see what facts are. I just don't get the immaturity of people.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Wow so one poster (interpolation) says he got the shit beat out of him by deputies after the head butt and another (flanked) says he wasn't beaten at all and is in detox. I'm going political a little and saying the shit interpolation attempted to start up is what's wrong with so many people right now. Just go straight to trying to stir shit up instead of just waiting to see what facts are. I just don't get the immaturity of people.

I live in Union County where it happened....I was a half mile from store when it happened... I know Sheriff personally...I saw WTVA newscast.... all of their reports are on WTVA website- says nothing about him getting beaten.......

I seen it dawg
02-12-2017, 05:03 PM
I live in Union County where it happened....I was a half mile from store when it happened... I know Sheriff personally...I saw WTVA newscast.... all of their reports are on WTVA website- says nothing about him getting beaten.......

Simmer...you weren't the subject of my ire

Lefty
02-15-2017, 04:34 PM
I'm close friend's with the boy's parents. These are salt of the earth type folks. Daniel wasn't beaten, although I guessed that he would be when it went down. He is in the hospital for detox. This was some bad stuff he got a hold of. He's not doing well at all and it is going to take quite a while to get over this, medically. The legal stuff is down the road. Again, these are good Christian people. Mom and Dad are crushed over this. They didn't want him to go to OM. He transferred there from USM in September. He's not what MSU folks call your typical OM kid. He has a sister who is an MSU grad. Everyone here is shocked by the whole thing. I know this is a tough audience but I just ask you guys to pray for his recovery and then he can deal with whatever the legal system gives him. Nobody is blaming the law for this. We saw the same video yall saw.