PDA

View Full Version : Auburn opens -7, Texas -3.5

PMDawg
09-08-2013, 08:49 AM
early moves to -6 and -4.5

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

Political Hack
09-08-2013, 08:58 AM
load up on the Magnolia State this week.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Wow! Auburn -7 ? That is nuts. I will be very disappointed if we don't win this game.

civildawg
09-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Get ready to be disappointed then

msstate7
09-08-2013, 09:19 AM

Auburn that impressive to you? Defense wins the sec and we have the better defense.

Bothrops
09-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I think Auburn improved a great deal in the past week and dominated a team that we might have struggled to beat. Their offense was executing at a high level against MUCH better competition! They are good enough to beat us, especially at home. It will be close though.

Bothrops
09-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Auburn that impressive to you? Defense wins the sec and we have the better defense.

The problem I see is our O-line play trying to rush the ball against them. Maybe Shump and Griffin can help us there, but I think we'll be forced to throw more than we want. Dak needs to start for sure.

Dawgface
09-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Sounds about right to me. We really need this game to get to 6-6, but it's going to be tough.

msstate7
09-08-2013, 09:43 AM
The problem I see is our O-line play trying to rush the ball against them. Maybe Shump and Griffin can help us there, but I think we'll be forced to throw more than we want. Dak needs to start for sure.
The problem I see for auburn is they're breaking in a new qb. He's gonna see another level of defense than he's seen so far. I think we're gonna pressure this guy into a couple of costly turnovers.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2013, 09:45 AM

No, I will b disappointed if we don't win. I actually watched Auburn play last night and saw Arkansas State guys running open in the secondary and saw Auburn run a one dimensional offense.

Our defense will hold them in check and our offense will do enough.

whosyourdawgy
09-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Did we watch the same game? They didn't execute shit early then found a play that 21 could get outside. He has gotten better for sure. Collins will pressure their young qb and hopefully force him into mistakes. What I saw was a young qb that is a pretty good runner and slings it deep. What worries me is their run D. They looked solid The secondary didn't appear to be all that good to me though. I think this game is a.must win for us if we want to even sniff a bowl game this season.

maroonmania
09-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Wow! Auburn -7 ? That is nuts. I will be very disappointed if we don't win this game.

Some of you need to take off the maroon tinted glasses. We SHOULD be the underdog this week. Yes, we may be able pull this game out but we couldn't win at Auburn 2 years ago when we were a 7 point favorite and now we will have to do it as a 7 point dog. Auburn improved a lot from week 1 to week 2 and they will likely improve more this week. Heck, we don't even know what our QB situation will be next week and I think we all agree that we have issues in the OL.

msstate7
09-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Some of you need to take off the maroon tinted glasses. We SHOULD be the underdog this week. Yes, we may be able pull this game out but we couldn't win at Auburn 2 years ago when we were a 7 point favorite and now we will have to do it as a 7 point dog. Auburn improved a lot from week 1 to week 2 and they will likely improve more this week. Heck, we don't even know what our QB situation will be next week and I think we all agree that we have issues in the OL.

Meanwhile auburn is a team with no issues**

cheewgumm
09-08-2013, 10:09 AM
If we have to throw to beat them... Better play Russell.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2013, 10:46 AM

Why do you mention 2 years ago without mentioning that we beat the hell out of them last year? Why do you say that they improved a lot from week 1 without saying that we did too?

This is a game we should win, and there is no maroon glasses about. We are better than them.

coastdoglover
09-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Texas has no clue how to stop the read option and Freeze is smart enough to run it all night. Add in Ash's injury and Texas lost their best running back, this looks like the Bears from Ole Miss are living a charmed life.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Texas has no clue how to stop the read option and Freeze is smart enough to run it all night. Add in Ash's injury and Texas lost their best running back, this looks like the Bears from Ole Miss are living a charmed life.

I'm not so sure about this. Texas will be playing for their coaches job, and OM's running style is more speed finesse than power. BYU was over powering Texas last night and running over them. OM has a different type of running game.

ckDOG
09-08-2013, 11:01 AM
If we have to throw to beat them... Better play Russell.

Myth.

MarketingBully01
09-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Yet you don't even mention that Malzhan coached that team last year so he knew their personnel and how to stop them. Please. Auburn scheduled two patsies to start the year and have a false sense of themselves. That ends this weekend. We win by a touchdown. I don't think it will make a difference who we start at QB.

cheewgumm
09-08-2013, 12:01 PM
They are gonna run Texas out of the stAdium unless they just screw up and turn it over a lot.

msstate7
09-08-2013, 12:08 PM
They are gonna run Texas out of the stAdium unless they just screw up and turn it over a lot.

Just like they did last year

ckDOG
09-08-2013, 12:10 PM

What running game?

cheewgumm
09-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Or maybe like they did us. Or do you think Texas d I better than ours?

msstate7
09-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Or maybe like they did us. Or do you think Texas d I better than ours?

I think texas had to sit thru a long delay in high altitude. Bc of this they were tired early in the game. Byu was way more physical than texas anticipated and that wore them down even more. Texas got whipped by a much more physical team last night. OM is no where near that physical. OM doesn't have a built in advantage of high altitude. OM plays with finesse and that's what texas is used to. Mack brown coaches for his job this week and texas comes thru with a win

cheewgumm
09-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I hope you're right.

msstate7
09-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I hope you're right.

Me too chew

maroonmania
09-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Yet you don't even mention that Malzhan coached that team last year so he knew their personnel and how to stop them. Please. Auburn scheduled two patsies to start the year and have a false sense of themselves. That ends this weekend. We win by a touchdown. I don't think it will make a difference who we start at QB.

Well one of those patsies just beat Southern Cal on the road and held them to 7 points where Auburn scored 31.

maroonmania
09-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Why do you mention 2 years ago without mentioning that we beat the hell out of them last year? Why do you say that they improved a lot from week 1 without saying that we did too?

This is a game we should win, and there is no maroon glasses about. We are better than them.

Mentioned 2 years ago because last year WE were the home team and Malzahn was off in Arkansas while Auburn was running a shitastic pro set offense they didn't have the personnel for. Auburn was 0-8 in the league last year whereas I think Malzahn will get them to a minor bowl this year.

Radddawg
09-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Auburn is definitely better this year... I see them winning 6... 7 if they beat us but I don't think they will... They don't have anyone that can cover Johnson or Wilson.

:cool:

TopDog58
09-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Just like they did last year

Exactly. Sheesh, this red and blue kool aid slurping has gotten way out of hand.

First, people act like Texas has no tape on Ole Miss. Hello, they faced the exact same rushing attack last year.

Second, BYU running backs had 35+ carries last night and that QB had more shiftiness than Bo Wallace has ever shown.

Last year, Scott had the most carries against UT with eight. He broke a 48 yarder and the other 7 carries went for 40. Bo Wallace had more carries than yards. Mississippi could win, but it ain't going to be with a huge rushing effort.

MarketingBully01
09-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Ugh, what is with you MSU fans??? Did you watch the WSU vs. USC game last night? It was like watching the keystone cops. USC doesn't have a QB. WSU didn't even have an offensive TD. The QB for WSU has thrown 6 INTs this year! Enough said. WSU is not good. Any other rebuffs that you guys have?

maroonmania
09-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Look, I will be happy as a pig in slop if we go into Auburn and take care of business but I am not going to dupe myself into believing we can beat a decent SEC team on the road until I see it. That's something we haven't done since the Gainesville game in 2010. Vegas didn't make us a touchdown underdog in this game for nothing. I saw all the same sentiments on this board about us being a 13 point underdog to OSU but yet when all was said and done we lost by 18. And no Auburn is certainly no OSU but I still see this one being a tough one to pull out.