PDA

View Full Version : Pro-tip: It's gonna be okay, 9 over 3.

SailingDawg
02-10-2017, 03:48 PM
It's on the twitters:

https://imgur.com/a/bpzOL

Tbonewannabe
02-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Hahaha, I am sure having a player admit to accepting money from the coaching staff doesn't truly affect the program. The NCAA was just being really diligent for an extra year before they give them a slap on the wrist. USCw wouldn't be pissed off at all if UNM gets off scott free with worse infractions proven already. Also Ohio St. also received a lot worse than what UNM suggested.

starkvegasdawg
02-10-2017, 04:18 PM
No matter how stressful the day is, bears are always good for a laugh.

DeviousDawg
02-10-2017, 04:30 PM
He is right, the NCAA will accept their self imposed penalties. Then they will:

-Multiply the scholarship amount by 4 and add 2 years of probation.
-Tack on show causes for 4-5 staff/ex staff members, including Freeze (5-10 years).
-Tack on a 2-3 year Bowl Ban.
-Add a nice Lack of Institutional Control (if not, the failure to monitor will be ruled an aggravated level II, which is the same as a standard Level I with a 10-20 scholarship reduction)
-Force OM to disassociate boosters with names much more recognizable than Walter Hughes.
-Force OM to vacate all wins from 2010-2014, atleast.

I feel sorry for all the kids they just signed. They will never play for the staff they signed with, never sniff a bowl game, and play the majority of their home games in a 1/3 capacity Bleacher Bowl.

I'm gonna be sad when Freeze is gone. I bet Saban has sat there and thought to himself how he lost to that 17ing idiot twice in a row.

MarketingBully
02-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Why would you say the NCAA is going to announce Monday? You have just put yourself in an impossible situation when the NCAA doesn't announce anything on Monday. They are complete and total morons.

jumbo
02-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Y'all know that's a troll account, right?

Dawgowar
02-10-2017, 05:21 PM
He is right, the NCAA will accept their self imposed penalties. Then they will:

-Multiply the scholarship amount by 4 and add 2 years of probation.
-Tack on show causes for 4-5 staff/ex staff members, including Freeze (5-10 years).
-Tack on a 2-3 year Bowl Ban.
-Add a nice Lack of Institutional Control (if not, the failure to monitor will be ruled an aggravated level II, which is the same as a standard Level I with a 10-20 scholarship reduction)
-Force OM to disassociate boosters with names much more recognizable than Walter Hughes.
-Force OM to vacate all wins from 2010-2014, atleast.

I feel sorry for all the kids they just signed. They will never play for the staff they signed with, never sniff a bowl game, and play the majority of their home games in a 1/3 capacity Bleacher Bowl.

I'm gonna be sad when Freeze is gone. I bet Saban has sat there and thought to himself how he lost to that 17ing idiot twice in a row.

At some point , if kids (on the Bear Roster) have refused immunity and spouted the TSUN party line that UNM did no wrong, you have to think the NCAA will inflict penalties on individual players. Banning them from competition would be harsh but effective. This is not a case where the athletes are long gone from the university. Depending on the evidence, the NCAA may have enough to single out individual players for accepting illegal benefits. If parents start seeing kids being tossed from the NCAA for taking gifts it could change how recruiting is done.

Tbonewannabe
02-10-2017, 05:29 PM
At some point , if kids (on the Bear Roster) have refused immunity and spouted the TSUN party line that UNM did no wrong, you have to think the NCAA will inflict penalties on individual players. Banning them from competition would be harsh but effective. This is not a case where the athletes are long gone from the university. Depending on the evidence, the NCAA may have enough to single out individual players for accepting illegal benefits. If parents start seeing kids being tossed from the NCAA for taking gifts it could change how recruiting is done.

That is probably about the only thing that could truly change how recruiting is done. No matter how clean you try to be, there is some booster at least helping in some way. Now there is only a couple of schools that are doing it at the institutional level that UM is doing it. Most coaching staffs would never facilitate pairing up the booster and player but ole Hugh just goes above and beyond to "help" the less fortunate.