PDA

View Full Version : Grantham's First Interview

Big4Dawg
02-08-2017, 01:25 PM
https://www.periscope.tv/HailStateFB/1yNGaPrQLMgKj

Its live now but can rewatch later

Really Clark?
02-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Of note, he will be again running a 1 gap 3-4 (similar to Wade Phillips) and coverages will be closer to Saban's match up Zone with one on one coverages as well.

KB21
02-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Of note, he will be again running a 1 gap 3-4 (similar to Wade Phillips) and coverages will be closer to Saban's match up Zone with one on one coverages as well.

Saban is big on pattern matching. He runs a hybrid cover 3/cover 1 as his base coverage package with a rip and liz call. Corners play outside leverage on the receivers because they know they have help inside. If it is a vertical route, the coverage is cover 1, which is man to man. If the receiver breaks in, they run cover 3. They read the receiver closest to the side line.

travis
02-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Saban is big on pattern matching. He runs a hybrid cover 3/cover 1 as his base coverage package with a rip and liz call. Corners play outside leverage on the receivers because they know they have help inside. If it is a vertical route, the coverage is cover 1, which is man to man. If the receiver breaks in, they run cover 3. They read the receiver closest to the side line.

*googles "rip and liz"*

Tbonewannabe
02-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Is it less complicated than what we were trying to do? We seemed really slow last year because guys were thinking rather than reacting.

KB21
02-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Is it less complicated than what we were trying to do? We seemed really slow last year because guys were thinking rather than reacting.

It sounds more complex than it is. The key thing is you have to play your assignment and not worry about what the guy next to you does. You have to trust that he will be in the right spot. I think this past season, we had a lot of trust issues on the field.

K9 Avenger
02-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Grantham coached for Saban at Michigan State. Nick has always spoken very highly of him...even going as far to say that Grantham is one of his favorite coaches he's ever worked with. I think it's safe to say that our defense, at least conceptually, will be similar to what Bama does.

preachermatt83
02-08-2017, 02:25 PM
My favorite takeaways
1) His family is moving here and becoming part of the community
2)no set position period... best 11 players play. Will find a position.

Really Clark?
02-08-2017, 02:26 PM

The one gap is easier for college kids to learn and easier for transitioning to 4 man fronts as well. That part is easier.

Technetium
02-08-2017, 02:29 PM
1) His family is moving here and becoming part of the communist

Jarius
02-08-2017, 02:29 PM

Pattern match zone defense is identifying/covering an offensive guy closely when in your area. Kind of zone 1st, then man.

smootness
02-08-2017, 02:32 PM

I freakin' knew he was a leftist loon.

Dawgology
02-08-2017, 02:55 PM
My favorite takeaways
2)no set position period... best 11 players play. Will find a position.

LMFAO!!!!

Bully13
02-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Hope he carefully analyzes the players he has before totally deciding on scheme.

Dawgology
02-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Didn't know this periscope account existed so I'm catching up on videos. Pretty great stuff on there. I hear Hadad talk about Bob's crazy hand all of the time on BSR and it's my first time seeing it. Impressive.

preachermatt83
02-08-2017, 02:59 PM

Hahaha!! Community*

preachermatt83
02-08-2017, 03:01 PM
I freakin' knew he was a leftist loon.

Ha!!! I'm #ObamasBiggestFan**

Bodaski
02-08-2017, 03:06 PM
as
*googles "rip and liz"*

It's a strength call in the secondary.
Rip- right call
Liz- left call

tcdog70
02-08-2017, 04:57 PM
I like that he said He would attack the QB. he wants the QB scared and confused and hit.

Reason2succeed
02-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Grantham coached for Saban at Michigan State. Nick has always spoken very highly of him...even going as far to say that Grantham is one of his favorite coaches he's ever worked with. I think it's safe to say that our defense, at least conceptually, will be similar to what Bama does.

I like that our offense will be practicing against a defense that is similar to the most difficult defense we will face every year. We need every advantage possible. Fitz and Key need to know how to exploit that defense.