PDA

View Full Version : University Probation for cussing at a SEC basketball ref?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-08-2017, 12:20 PM
A MSU student was kicked out of the Tennessee game last Saturday for cussing at the refs: https://twitter.com/handy_andy30/status/828050450624761856 (Warning: Foul Language)

Apparently, not only has he been banned from The Hump, but he also is on Probation with the school and had to write apology letters. What kind of chicken shit bs is that?

Anyone else have an experience of being kicked out of a game for haggling refs?

maroonmania
02-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Man, if that rule applied to our coaches would Mullen and Cohen have kept their jobs?

BeardoMSU
02-08-2017, 12:31 PM
"y'all are so ****ing bad".....

They kicked him out for that, lol? Jeez...

GTHOM
02-08-2017, 12:32 PM
PC bullshit. Those refs were shit, MSU shouldnt have done anything to the poor guy. Props to him the video is funny as hell

Dawgology
02-08-2017, 12:41 PM

I guess the truth hurts. Whatever is happening with refs right now it had better get fixed.... If it keeps up then college bball will be DEAD and buried in a few years.

BeardoMSU
02-08-2017, 12:46 PM
I guess the truth hurts. Whatever is happening with refs right now it had better get fixed.... If it keeps up then college bball will be DEAD and buried in a few years.

I can't believe those bitches went and taddled because of that.

Ari Gold
02-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Holy shit .. what a ****ing ***** .. tuck em Rabbit..
so when 8k+ start chanting Bull shit and Ref you suck do we clear the Hump?

JETDAWG
02-08-2017, 12:49 PM
To be an umpire or ref. at any level you have to have pretty thick skin, this was a punk move, those ref's knew they crapped the money bed, there has to be retribution. "Collusion"!!!!!!

WSOPdawg
02-08-2017, 12:50 PM

He only told the truth. Video evidence in court could arguably prove that. He may have a law suit in the making.

BrunswickDawg
02-08-2017, 12:52 PM
When I was in High School, a buddy and I dog cussed Bruce Benedict (former Brave) who was basketball ref on the side. Bruce waved at security and he looked at us, back to him, and just shook his head and laughed at Bruce. That's how you handle shitty refs.

BeardoMSU
02-08-2017, 12:54 PM
To be an umpire or ref. at any level you have to have pretty thick skin, this was a punk move, those ref's knew they crapped the money bed, there has to be retribution. "Collusion"!!!!!!

Exactly. Refs are suppose to take a certain amount of verbal abuse, otherwise Dan and John would've been kicked out of every game they've ever coached. This is was total bush league by that ref.

Bama_Dawg
02-08-2017, 01:10 PM
This is pitiful. After watching the video, as a manager, I understand what happened. There was a university official right by the refs and he kicked him out.

After kicking him out, it should have been a wink, and a, "see you next home game."

Apology letters, forgiveness, all that crap is garbage in this situation. Not happy with the way this was handled.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2017, 01:19 PM
The guys in the striped shirts should have been kicked out for impersonating refs. If you HAVE to kick the guy out then fine, but a ban and the other stuff is ridiculous.

Bothrops
02-08-2017, 01:28 PM
What a bunch of pussies

HereComesTheSpiral
02-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Need to figure out who the ref is and make those large head signs with I suck written across the forehead and pass them out to the students next time he is in town.

1bigdawg
02-08-2017, 01:33 PM
This is pitiful. After watching the video, as a manager, I understand what happened. There was a university official right by the refs and he kicked him out.

After kicking him out, it should have been a wink, and a, "see you next home game."

Apology letters, forgiveness, all that crap is garbage in this situation. Not happy with the way this was handled.

The letters, etc sound like an LT move. I thought we were past that.

Bob Sacamano
02-08-2017, 01:51 PM
I believe this is the source of the discipline.

http://www.students.msstate.edu/staff/staff.php?guid=tlm106

He's a major douche from my experiences with him.

louisvilledawg
02-08-2017, 01:54 PM

He's the worst. Not even a close second really.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-08-2017, 02:06 PM

He is very square and very much a "by the book" type guy, but he is good dude. That said, this is complete bullshit and he is wrong.

confucius say
02-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Serious question. Why exactly was he disciplined? For addressing the refs at all? For using a curse word in a calm tone?

Tbonewannabe
02-08-2017, 02:08 PM
My apology letter would start : Dear Ref, I am sorry you suck at your job. You shouldn't have to endure verbal abuse just because you don't know the rules of basketball. Please find a safe place on campus.

ghostofjackie
02-08-2017, 02:27 PM
Wow. I'm not saying the guy was "in the right" for saying what he did to the official, but they need to get thicker skin. They are supposed to walk by and close their ears.

The MSU official had to kick the guy out because the official asked him to, that's his job. But the punishment this kid got was uncalled for.

College basketball HAS to change quickly.

Chuck Finley
02-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Why does the student video it and post it on the internet?? If there is no video, he doesn't get the ban, IMO.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Why does the student video it and post it on the internet?? If there is no video, he doesn't get the ban, IMO.

Maybe so, but that's what college kids do. Do you think they would ban a season ticket holder for the rest of the year if the same situation happened to them?

It's one thing to ban him from the Hump, but to issue probation and make him write apology letters to the freaking refs is asinine.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Serious question. How can they enforce his ban? Could'nt he just purchase a ticket from a scalper and go in general admission?

vv83
02-08-2017, 02:43 PM

Can confirm

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Quote from the guy that got banned:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4KqDZNXAAMtP8k.jpg

gtowndawg
02-08-2017, 03:12 PM
I'm sure this will help make the hump more intimidating. Good grief.

iPat09
02-08-2017, 03:25 PM
My apology letter would start : Dear Ref, I am sorry you suck at your job. You shouldn't have to endure verbal abuse just because you don't know the rules of basketball. Please find a safe place on campus.

So he needs to go referee a game at Mizzou then!***

shannondawg
02-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Years ago I noticed a guy that was just livid through out the game, at the end he rushed the refs and LT and security stopped him. turns out he was a dr from Tupelo and was self medicating, saw him at the next game and he was laughing and joking with the security and has been a regular fixture since then.

But that was at a different time and a lot has changed since then.

Cooterpoot
02-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Yes, we should never require kids to learn to behave appropriately. We should just let everyone cuss everyone and storm the court. I don't have a problem with the probation. If it was my kid, I'd beat his ass.

BeardoMSU
02-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Yes, we should never require kids to learn to behave appropriately. We should just let everyone cuss everyone and storm the court. I don't have a problem with the probation. If it was my kid, I'd beat his ass.

He said the "F" word.....

Gasp!...clear evidence of the crumbling American youth; how terrifying....**

DudyDawg

Beat his ass for calmly using a word we've deemed bad? What a role model you are.

Cloak
Wow, that's insane. I've yelled worse things than that from the student section...

BossDawg
02-08-2017, 04:19 PM
The video is up on the other board. What a bunch of hot horses#!t. I'd be fighting this somehow. Considering what has transpired at other games without punishment, this is taking things too far.

Bama_Dawg
02-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Wow, that's insane. I've yelled worse things than that from the student section...

Best watch it Cloak! They'll track you down and make you write apology letters! ***

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-08-2017, 04:23 PM
He said the "F" word.....

Gasp!...clear evidence of the crumbling American youth; how terrifying....**

http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/thanks-obama-pluging.gif

BeardoMSU
02-08-2017, 04:25 PM
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/thanks-obama-pluging.gif

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Interpolation_Dawg_EX again.

Awesome!!!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-08-2017, 04:34 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Interpolation_Dawg_EX again.

Awesome!!!

I figured you'd get a chuckle out of that haha!

SheltonChoked
02-08-2017, 05:23 PM
A MSU student was kicked out of the Tennessee game last Saturday for cussing at the refs: https://twitter.com/handy_andy30/status/828050450624761856 (Warning: Foul Language)

Apparently, not only has he been banned from The Hump, but he also is on Probation with the school and had to write apology letters. What kind of chicken shit bs is that?

Anyone else have an experience of being kicked out of a game for haggling refs?

It's not the first time that's happened at the Hump....

RocketDawg
02-08-2017, 05:24 PM

That guy's too young to be dean of anything. Looks like he's barely out of school.

Bob Sacamano
02-08-2017, 05:24 PM
I believe it's more of a power trip/little man syndrome.

Kind of like the guy who becomes a cop and thinks he's a local badass.

Bama_Dawg
02-08-2017, 05:36 PM
I believe it's more of a power trip/little man syndrome.

Kind of like the guy who becomes a cop and thinks he's a local badass.

So our very own Bdork? We need to nip this now!

Ari Gold
02-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Someone get this kid a court side seat..

BeardoMSU
02-08-2017, 06:11 PM
For the record, it's not like the kid said "**** your mother", or "Go **** yourself", or "**** you, ass hole", or any of the other combinations....

https://m.popkey.co/5e2702/y0Wb4.gif

RougeDawg
02-08-2017, 06:37 PM
If they banned this kid for that, they wouldn't have let me North if I-20 when I was in school.

Did someone get this ref some Midol and tampons after this devastating incident?

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-08-2017, 06:42 PM

if i was your kid i'd beat my own ass

TheRef
02-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Officials all have a line for language. That applies for players, coaches, and spectators. Now while you are supposed to have a thick skin as an official, personal attacks on an official will receive discipline moreso than not. Every official is different, and coaches will tell their players that. Also, officials will discuss that with captains before the game. Now you aren't exactly able to present it to spectators. Usually you give a verbal warning to spectators, and depending on how severe they violate it, you punish on second. Now these officials had a rough game and probably listened to both coaches yelling at them. Tempers flare.

With all of that said, banning the student from the Hump for the rest of the year is too harsh of a punishment. Also, a university probation is uncalled for. A probation like this is placed on his student record, and could follow him for a while. A 1-2 game suspension would be reasonable, but a season-long ban is ridiculous.

Then again, what do I know. I was the crazy kid yelling at refs a lot. But I also had fun with them, and we had a mutual respect.

EngDawg
02-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Officials all have a line for language. That applies for players, coaches, and spectators. Now while you are supposed to have a thick skin as an official, personal attacks on an official will receive discipline moreso than not. Every official is different, and coaches will tell their players that. Also, officials will discuss that with captains before the game. Now you aren't exactly able to present it to spectators. Usually you give a verbal warning to spectators, and depending on how severe they violate it, you punish on second. Now these officials had a rough game and probably listened to both coaches yelling at them. Tempers flare.

With all of that said, banning the student from the Hump for the rest of the year is too harsh of a punishment. Also, a university probation is uncalled for. A probation like this is placed on his student record, and could follow him for a while. A 1-2 game suspension would be reasonable, but a season-long ban is ridiculous.

Then again, what do I know. I was the crazy kid yelling at refs a lot. But I also had fun with them, and we had a mutual respect.

"Crash called the Ump a c***sucker"

EngDawg
02-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Nm

Percho
02-08-2017, 06:58 PM

Me thinks the answer is:

Student boycott.

And I say this believing he should have used different words. However it is the principle. I am glad I am not at the games for I would not be able to hold my tongue. Can't watching on TV.

The games are just about unwatchable this year. To quote from a movie, "Howland, you're an oak."

RougeDawg
02-08-2017, 07:05 PM

If this ref couldn't handle this preschool verbal truth from a fan, he needs to be shown the door himself and never referee anything above an 8 yr old rec league.

fader2103
02-08-2017, 07:09 PM
"Crash called the Ump a c***sucker"

I think everyone is in agreeance that you called him a c***sucker and not a jive turkey.

Jack Lambert
02-08-2017, 07:20 PM
He probably hears that from his wife and can't do anything about with her so he took it out on him.

munk_munk92
02-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Welp, the next group of refs are going to get it. I want everyone chanting 7 you.

I seen it dawg
02-08-2017, 08:39 PM
This must fall under Brackys supervision.

BayouDawg
02-08-2017, 10:36 PM
I was planning on going up for the LSU game but I don't know if I will now if this is how the university is going to treat its fans. The referrerees are untouchable. They can go out and be completely incompetent and nobody can say a word about it. The coaches get fined and now they are even policing the fans. Where is the accountability for the horse shit officials? Im very disappointed in my university. Why not just tell him to settle down and leave it at that?

Political Hack
02-09-2017, 09:20 AM
College basketball sucks now. I said it earlier. It's unwatchable at this point.

I also can't believe the university backed the refs over a student. I can gaurandamntee you that Howland said much worse about them after that game behind closed doors. And to Ari's point, what are they going to do when the entire crowd starts chanting "Ref, you suck" or "bull shit" over and over?

Terrible terrible move by the university. I actually hope the students take action in here in unison.

KentuckyDawg13
02-09-2017, 10:46 AM
I emailed John Cohen. Look forward to hearing his perspective.

MadDawg
02-09-2017, 11:20 AM
I wonder if the alumni should follow along with the students. I hate the thought of our basketball team getting punished for a dickless move by the administration, but this is just pathetic. I guess it's a good thing I never had a seat next to the tunnel. I would have been banned for life for some of the crap I said.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Petition to Free Houston: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/442/330/517/

Ari Gold
02-09-2017, 02:44 PM
If that douche bag has another one of our home games this year. The entire student section should give him a planned
an orchestraed giant **** You all at the same time.
Instead of the Kiss Cam let's just do a **** you Ref Cam..

Liverpooldawg
02-09-2017, 03:18 PM
College basketball sucks now. I said it earlier. It's unwatchable at this point.

I also can't believe the university backed the refs over a student. I can gaurandamntee you that Howland said much worse about them after that game behind closed doors. And to Ari's point, what are they going to do when the entire crowd starts chanting "Ref, you suck" or "bull shit" over and over?

Terrible terrible move by the university. I actually hope the students take action in here in unison.

They chanted both, IN THAT GAME.

IMissJack
02-09-2017, 09:09 PM

As a student in the early 90's I heard plenty of both. I remember when LSU and Shaq, Vernel Singleton, Stanley Roberts, Chris Jackson would come to town, it was brutal from the students.