PDA

View Full Version : So Coach O done pissed of NOLA HS coaches...

fishwater99
02-08-2017, 10:05 AM
"Several of the area?s black head football coaches are meeting to discuss how coach Ed Orgeron handled the demotion of running backs coach and New Orleans area recruiter Jabbar Juluke in the aftermath of National Signing Day."

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/new-orleans-area-coaches-considering-boycott-lsu

Or did he?

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/local-coaches-may-not-boycott-lsu-orgeron-as-demoted-coach-leaves-for-texas-tech/

Cary Hudson's little bro
02-08-2017, 10:09 AM
O made the tough call to dump Craig and Juluke...made two better hires that are loyal to him now.

SEC Country is garbage and you can tell Brandon Walker I said it.

smootness
02-08-2017, 10:43 AM
I always love when these HS coaches get ticked and say they're not sending kids to a school anymore, or boycotting them, or whatever. The only people it hurts are their own players.

msstate7
02-08-2017, 10:48 AM
I always love when these HS coaches get ticked and say they're not sending kids to a school anymore, or boycotting them, or whatever. The only people it hurts are their own players.

Makes you think the coaches being replaced were taking care of the HS coaches

shoeless joe
02-08-2017, 11:31 AM
What does race have to do with it?

If O kept someone around to secure some recruits while knowing he was going to can them then it was shitty no matter their skin color

thedawg
02-08-2017, 11:37 AM
We are all over this.. We put enough pressure on LSU make him string that coach along and piss off the high school coaches.. Had he fired him immediately we would have at least split Helaire and McMath and may have gotten both.. Instead he strung him along is the way I read that and now all of the NOLA high school coaches are mad at him.. that absolutely matters

KB21
02-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Justin Rogers, probably the top HS QB in LA in 2017, has also announced that he will not be playing his college ball in Louisiana.

I hope we can get in on him. He's got the best film of the quarterbacks I've looked at for 2017.

msstate7
02-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Justin Rogers, probably the top HS QB in LA in 2017, has also announced that he will not be playing his college ball in Louisiana.

I hope we can get in on him. He's got the best film of the quarterbacks I've looked at for 2017.
I wonder with him being from LA and obviously knowing who key is, would that hurt us?

bulldogcountry1
02-08-2017, 11:45 AM
What right does a HS HC have to stand in the way if a school wants to offer a scholarship to a player? That seems almost criminal.

thedawg
02-08-2017, 11:53 AM
They really dont stand in the way of LSU offering... LSU can still offer but its alot easier for them to recruit kids when they have a good working relationship with the high school head coach.. The college coach needs the high school coach much more than the high school coach needs them.. The high school coach has almost unlimited contact with a commodity that the college coach needs to keep his job.. In alot of cases the high school coach has alot of influence on the players too.... I promise you O doesnt want all the coaches in NOLA hating him and bad mouthing what is going on at LSU

KB21
02-08-2017, 11:54 AM
What right does a HS HC have to stand in the way if a school wants to offer a scholarship to a player? That seems almost criminal.

I agree. It really doesn't send a good message. This is also why I'll never be for hiring someone just to get the connections in that area. You ultimately find out most of the time that the someone you hired can't coach his way out of a wet paper sack, and you only got him because he is a bag man.

KB21
02-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Either way, Coach O's time in Baton Rouge as the head coach will be very short. It was a foolish hire to begin with.

Reason2succeed
02-08-2017, 12:16 PM
It's all about trust. If Coach O is willing to lie to and use a coach like that what do you think he will do to a kid who only has a couple of years of eligibility to try to make a better life for himself and his family?

Point blank this shows that Ogre isn't a straight shooter. He should have told Juluke from day one he wasn't being retained. Dang right Juluke should be pissed and he can use any leverage he has to get his revenge even if that is having HS coaches call O out. That has nothing to do with race except that may be the only HS coaches he can get to back him up in his crusade.

Either way it goes it bodes well for State. With Key already here we may be able to make inroads in NOLA for the next few years.