PDA

View Full Version : We scored 64 points in 2nd half

confucius say
02-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Damn if we could play defense at all. Defend a high ball screen people.

msstate7
02-07-2017, 11:32 PM
We play man no matter what and we're God awful at it

MarketingBully
02-07-2017, 11:42 PM
To me this game came down to turnovers. We had 13 and Auburn scored 26 off of them. Ballgame right there. Q had 4 and Peters had 4. If Ready plays tonight, we win this game by 10+. A lot of our problems started because Ready is hurt. Carter did the best he could at this time but it just won't cut it right now. If Ready doesn't play Saturday, we are ****ed. Ready's health is literally what is holding this team's fortunes down the stretch. A lot of the dribble drive shit is based on the point guard. Ready is average on defense but he doesn't turn the ball over. Carter is rancid on defense right now because he doesn't have the weight to bang with other guards and he gave us 2 points. Ready's last game he gave us 0 turnovers and 8 assists. He is the glue that holds this team together.

WSOPdawg
02-07-2017, 11:43 PM
Jarvis Vanardo would make this team special.

Irondawg
02-08-2017, 12:06 AM
It's not just Carter's weight - his footspeed on defense is really subpar as well. I'm going to be interested to see how he develops with a summer in the weight room. He was a pleasant surprise during the Italy trip and earned a starting job, but this season has been a real struggle for him on both ends.

TimberBeast
02-08-2017, 12:25 AM
To me this game came down to turnovers. We had 13 and Auburn scored 26 off of them. Ballgame right there. Q had 4 and Peters had 4. If Ready plays tonight, we win this game by 10+. A lot of our problems started because Ready is hurt. Carter did the best he could at this time but it just won't cut it right now. If Ready doesn't play Saturday, we are ****ed. Ready's health is literally what is holding this team's fortunes down the stretch. A lot of the dribble drive shit is based on the point guard. Ready is average on defense but he doesn't turn the ball over. Carter is rancid on defense right now because he doesn't have the weight to bang with other guards and he gave us 2 points. Ready's last game he gave us 0 turnovers and 8 assists. He is the glue that holds this team together.

I am shocked that Q only had 4 turnovers, it looked like he turned it over every time he touched it. Maybe I'm thinking of dumb missed shots too.

lamont
02-08-2017, 07:14 AM
We are awful defensively

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Jarvis Vanardo would make this team special.

He was a great shot blocker. As a defender he was average. Seriously.

BayouDawg
02-08-2017, 09:45 AM
He was a great shot blocker. As a defender he was average. Seriously.

And I don't know how well he would fair with the new rules as far as blocked shots go

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2017, 10:20 AM
And I don't know how well he would fair with the new rules as far as blocked shots go

Not very well I'm afraid.

tcdog70
02-08-2017, 10:35 AM

new rules actually help shot-blockers.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2017, 10:47 AM
new rules actually help shot-blockers.

Better not touch a shooter at all.

smootness
02-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Yeah, he would still be the force he was then. He did a phenomenal job of not fouling when going up for the block. On thing they're cracking down on is big men who allow their arms to fall to more of an angle when defending a shot, but he didn't do that. He went straight up.

shannondawg
02-08-2017, 10:57 AM
I am just happy that we have coaches both men and women's can adjust as well as they do at halftime.

msstate7
02-08-2017, 11:23 AM
I am just happy that we have coaches both men and women's can adjust as well as they do at halftime.

2nd half adjustments are nice, but we've trailed by double digits in 6 of our last 7 games with Missouri being the only exception. We've got to play better in the first half

confucius say
02-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Yeah, he would still be the force he was then. He did a phenomenal job of not fouling when going up for the block. On thing they're cracking down on is big men who allow their arms to fall to more of an angle when defending a shot, but he didn't do that. He went straight up.

Yep. New rules would only help Jarvis. The new "principle of verticality" concept you keep hearing announcers speak of is perfect for him.

maroonmania
02-08-2017, 11:49 AM
What exactly is Ready's injury? What I saw in the game he got hurt it didn't look like he twisted his leg strangely or made contact with another player. Hard to believe he got hurt that bad on the play.

WSOPdawg
02-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Yep. New rules would only help Jarvis. The new "principle of verticality" concept you keep hearing announcers speak of is perfect for him.

Agree, and his wing span would make up for many of the defensive lapses our guys have on the perimeter.