PDA

View Full Version : Dudy Noble Expansion

GTHOM
02-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Haven't heard anything about it in a while. Anybody know where we are as far as the funds? Hell are we even still gonna do it? Its gonna look great but we're already the biggest and best stadium in the country

civildawg
02-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Construction starts as soon as the 2017 season ends

GTHOM
02-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Construction starts as soon as the 2017 season ends

Is the money still all being raised by donors

BossDawg
02-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Any word on the lofts? I'm assuming they're gonna be scrapped? I was especially excited about those even though I wouldn't have the money to get one. That would've really set the park apart from everyone else. There has to be a way to negotiate cheaper prices or rethink the entire loft project, like maybe put some dorms back there or a small hotel. Not sure, I don't know the intricacies of a project like that, but that was a chance to get really creative IMO.

Homedawg
02-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Goes to bid in March.

Steakonastick
02-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Yup, expected to be advertised for bid next few weeks. I want to say the school only has to borrow around 20 million from bonds. Some very nice donations came thru this fall.

Bothrops
02-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Any word on the lofts? I'm assuming they're gonna be scrapped? I was especially excited about those even though I wouldn't have the money to get one. That would've really set the park apart from everyone else. There has to be a way to negotiate cheaper prices or rethink the entire loft project, like maybe put some dorms back there or a small hotel. Not sure, I don't know the intricacies of a project like that, but that was a chance to get really creative IMO.

From what I've read a couple of times recently, the lofts will be a future add-on. I guess that could mean several years after stadium completion. I think someone might steal this idea and get it done first. One school in particular could make it work, easily.

BossDawg
02-07-2017, 09:09 PM
From what I've read a couple of times recently, the lofts will be a future add-on. I guess that could mean several years after stadium completion. I think someone might steal this idea and get it done first. One school in particular could make it work, easily.

Yup. That's what I'm afraid of.

War Machine Dawg
02-07-2017, 09:26 PM

Our football coach and former baseball coach were very much against the lofts. I was ridiculed mercilessly here for saying that not long after the expansion was announced. Then lo and behold, certain "connected" posters here started saying the same thing about a year ago. I have serious doubts the lofts will ever happen at this point.

BossDawg
02-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Why was Cohen against the lofts?

smootness
02-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Yup. That's what I'm afraid of.

Why would that be something to be afraid of?

Mjoelner34
02-07-2017, 09:50 PM
I know people said Dan was against them because of people watching his closed practices. Since the lofts could only be occupied on home game weekends, wouldn't the only time somebody could possibly watch practice from them be during home baseball games during spring practice? Plus, go to googleearth and check out the angle from the potential future lofts site to the field behind the Seal Complex. Its not exactly a prime location for watching practice.

Bothrops
02-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Once LSU builds them, announcers will jokingly ridicule us for having them in the initial plans.

Choctaw Dawg
02-07-2017, 10:14 PM
I'm just scared that they're gonna overdo it to the point of where the charm of the old Dude is nonexistent.

Reunion Dog
02-07-2017, 10:39 PM
to many damn people out there now anyway.... it's gotten ridiculous.

Homedawg
02-07-2017, 10:55 PM

2 posts in one night and it's bitch and bitch? Are you a ****ing woman? If not please stfu. If so, feel free to carry on

BossDawg
02-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Once LSU builds them, announcers will jokingly ridicule us for having them in the initial plans.

Either LSU or UM will jump on them I'm sure, and it will be the bees knees. Meanwhile, we'll be like, "well, we came up with the idea!"

Not sure I need these "***" or not, so I'll add them as sort of a disclaimer.

codeDawg
02-08-2017, 07:42 AM
I know people said Dan was against them because of people watching his closed practices. Since the lofts could only be occupied on home game weekends, wouldn't the only time somebody could possibly watch practice from them be during home baseball games during spring practice? Plus, go to googleearth and check out the angle from the potential future lofts site to the field behind the Seal Complex. Its not exactly a prime location for watching practice.

if somebody wants to watch your paractice, they are going to watch your practice. No reason to hold back a differentiator for that.

bulldogcountry1
02-08-2017, 08:31 AM
What about the zoning/regulations aspect of the lofts? Seems like that was the big issue.

I don't understand why they would have included them in the initial public presentation if there was so much opposition.

RougeDawg
02-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Why was Cohen against the lofts?

People watching practice. Guess he couldn't process the simple thought that if someone wanted to spy on our practices they could walk right through an open gate or watch from the hill in RF. Johnny just wanted something to bitch about and use as potential excuse for bunting early in the game, wasting outs.

Alabama has condos and dorms surrounding their football practice facility. That sure seems to be setting them back.**

louisvilledawg
02-08-2017, 09:20 AM

What a crybaby

Steakonastick
02-08-2017, 09:33 AM
the bigger issue is that the state of Mississippi owns the land. Eventually when all the red tape is figured out they will happen. But it's going to be a another bulldog club project not associated with the stadium.

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2017, 09:49 AM
People watching practice. Guess he couldn't process the simple thought that if someone wanted to spy on our practices they could walk right through an open gate or watch from the hill in RF. Johnny just wanted something to bitch about and use as potential excuse for bunting early in the game, wasting outs.

Alabama has condos and dorms surrounding their football practice facility. That sure seems to be setting them back.**

Problem is you can know what Alabama is going to do and still not be able to stop them. Hurts could line up under center and announce they are going to run Scarborough on a sweep to the left and they'd still get 5 yards on the play.

louisvilledawg
02-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Problem is you can know what Alabama is going to do and still not be able to stop them. Hurts could line up under center and announce they are going to run Scarborough on a sweep to the left and they'd still get 15 yards on the play and truck Brandon Bryant.

FIFY

HSVDawg
02-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Either LSU or UM will jump on them I'm sure, and it will be the bees knees. Meanwhile, we'll be like, "well, we came up with the idea!"

Not sure I need these "***" or not, so I'll add them as sort of a disclaimer.

So what? The idea already out there is from our initial plans. They can build them now or build them after we build them. Doesn't change anything about who came up with it initially or determine whether or not we should build them at some point. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of whether someone else has already done it.

Tbonewannabe
02-08-2017, 11:06 AM
So what? The idea already out there is from our initial plans. They can build them now or build them after we build them. Doesn't change anything about who came up with it initially or determine whether or not we should build them at some point. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of whether someone else has already done it.

UNM now has the "Rightfield Rowdies or whatever gay name they came up with to copy the Leftfield Lounge, not that there is anything wrong with boat shoes and ascots". Mizzou just straight up copied everything about the Leftfield Lounge. Duplication is the sincerest form of flattery. It wouldn't surprise me if the next big baseball stadium built doesn't have a copy of our drawings to steal ideas from.

bulldogcountry1
02-08-2017, 11:41 AM
There's really only a handful of schools that could make this level of investment in baseball and has the same level of interest. There's even fewer who have a nice enough stadium now that they would put that much money into something that isn't a direct stadium upgrade.

I don't think anyone will be rushing to beat us to the punch.