PDA

View Full Version : Well... This Could Help

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2017, 03:51 PM
If the NCAA going in dry on OM wasn't enough, now New Orleans high school coaches plan to boycott LSU.

Looks like Coach O isn't as beloved there as we thought.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/02/07/new-orleans-area-high-school-coaches-planning-boycott-of-lsu/

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Additionally, let this and OM's situation be a wake up call that hiring "recruiters" as a head coach just doesn't seem to be a great idea.

Sure, hiring a head coach that can also recruit, like Saban and Jimbo, is best case scenario, but they must be a quality coach first and foremost.

maroonmania
02-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Additionally, let this and OM's situation be a wake up call that hiring "recruiters" as a head coach just doesn't seem to be a great idea.

Sure, hiring a head coach that can also recruit, like Saban and Jimbo, is best case scenario, but they must be a quality coach first and foremost.

And I don't think anyone ever had that much of a problem with Les Miles' recruiting. QB development yes, but not overall recruiting.

Irondawg
02-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Bet the Kansas thing is part of this as well although my LSU buddy thought it was a ploy to get the coach at Kansas a job on the LSU staff.

Reason2succeed
02-07-2017, 05:35 PM
I said it first: Ogre is on the hot seat. There's no way he can overcome NOLA coaches boycotts.

3rdGen
02-07-2017, 07:47 PM
I said it first: Ogre is on the hot seat. There's no way he can overcome NOLA coaches boycotts.

It's out there folks and you saw it here first!
I second that sir!

AlSwearengen
02-07-2017, 09:31 PM
I would think the lsu boosters would be able to make this "boycot" go away pretty quickly.

DownwardDawg
02-07-2017, 10:07 PM
I would think the lsu boosters would be able to make this "boycot" go away pretty quickly.

Extremely quick.

TUSK
02-07-2017, 11:04 PM
That. Is. Wonderful.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2017, 09:21 AM

Saban and Jimbo really don't have to recruit. They are at places that recruit themselves. I remember when that wasn't the case at FSU but Bowden changed that. I never remember when Alabama wasn't that way. It is what it is.