PDA

View Full Version : One Last Thing on the GOAT Debate ...

dawgday166
02-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Even tho I readily admit Brady is the GOAT.

But has Brady ever run through the playoffs outscoring opponents 126 - 26 in 3 games? Just saying ***

msstate7
02-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Brady has faced better competition. Good point... Brady #1 haha

dawgday166
02-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Ha ... Brady always just barely squeaks out the win lol.

parabrave
02-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Brady has faced better competition. Good point... Brady #1 haha

Even though I disdain the 49ers I have to say they had better competition. The Pats have lets see; the Jets, dolphins and the mighty Buffalo Bills in their Division. None of those teams have been relevant since 1996. The montana version of the 49ers had the Saints, yes they were very good back then, the LA Rams back then along with the Falcans. The NFC also won 13 super bowls in a row making just getting to the game hard as hell. The only real great team that the Pats have to worry about is Pittsburgh.

msstate7
02-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Even though I disdain the 49ers I have to say they had better competition. The Pats have lets see; the Jets, dolphins and the mighty Buffalo Bills in their Division. None of those teams have been relevant since 1996. The montana version of the 49ers had the Saints, yes they were very good back then, the LA Rams back then along with the Falcans. The NFC also won 13 super bowls in a row making just getting to the game hard as hell. The only real great team that the Pats have to worry about is Pittsburgh.

Ever heard of Peyton manning?

SaintDawg
02-06-2017, 03:46 PM
Ever heard of Peyton Manning?
LMAO... I said the same thing.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/011/848/cold.jpg

dawgday166
02-06-2017, 04:07 PM

Peyton! Did you say Peyton!! He a wannabe ... *****

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2017, 04:40 PM

Brady also was going against the Ravens defense. For all the talk about great defenses Montana had to go against, the Ravens had a run of one of the best defenses all time. Ray Lewis might have killed a guy off the field but he murdered a lot more people on the field. Ray Lewis is at least = to LT. Also the Steelers defense is up there also.

blacklistedbully
02-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Brady also was going against the Ravens defense. For all the talk about great defenses Montana had to go against, the Ravens had a run of one of the best defenses all time. Ray Lewis might have killed a guy off the field but he murdered a lot more people on the field. Ray Lewis is at least = to LT. Also the Steelers defense is up there also.

Montana faced more teams with great defenses. During his time, the NFC dominated the Super Bowl, including 5 absolute blowouts of the AFC champ. In Brady's time, the AFC has enjoyed just one blowout win over the NFC.

msstate7
02-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Montana faced more teams with great defenses.

Bears, giants, ?? Saints were above average, but not any better than say present day chiefs. The cowboys rose after Montana

Commercecomet24
02-06-2017, 04:55 PM

Rep given!

msstate7
02-06-2017, 05:00 PM
LMAO... I said the same thing.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/011/848/cold.jpg

I didn't mean to be a smart butt about it. I'm sure my fellow braves' fan was thinking about how great FF and Swanson are gonna be this year or something

Commercecomet24
02-06-2017, 05:06 PM
I didn't mean to be a smart butt about it. I'm sure my fellow braves' fan was thinking about how great FF and Swanson are gonna be this year or something

Gonna be a very good year, 7! I'm gonna be there the last week of April!

msstate7
02-06-2017, 05:06 PM
Gonna be a very good year, 7! I'm gonna be there the last week of April!

Won't make it till June vs marlins

Commercecomet24
02-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Won't make it till June vs marlins

Looking forward to checking out the new park! I tailor some business trips around the Braves.

blacklistedbully
02-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Bears, giants, ?? Saints were above average, but not any better than say present day chiefs. The cowboys rose after Montana

Some of those Saints teams were well above average on defense. Also, the Redskins had some good defenses a few times.

And the Cowboys made the playoffs 5 times during the Montana SF era, losing in the NFCCG twice (once to Montana and the 49ers).

ETA - AS I recall, the LA Rams also had a couple of years there with pretty good defense.

parabrave
02-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Looking forward to checking out the new park! I tailor some business trips around the Braves.

Good luck getting there.

Dawg61
02-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Ha ... Brady always just barely squeaks out the win lol.

Not always. He once beat Tebow so badly it ended Tebow's career.

parabrave
02-06-2017, 05:40 PM

Tracy Porter is still running with his interception. Yeah but in Montanas time the defenses were actually allowed to play defense. Hit the QB hard, No Problem. Bump and run downfield, No problem. I would love to see what Marino and Montana could do now.

sleepy dawg
02-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Even tho I readily admit Brady is the GOAT.

But has Brady ever run through the playoffs outscoring opponents 126 - 26 in 3 games? Just saying ***

So Brady is even playing on defense now too? Damn, that dude is good.