PDA

View Full Version : Benelli SBE 3

Dolphus Raymond
02-06-2017, 09:23 AM
This shotgun just came out. I shoot the old SBE 1 and love it but this new SBE 3 looks like a fine gun. Anyone seen it or shot it yet?

Duckdog
02-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Id stick with the 1 its the best out of all of them so far

Dolphus Raymond
02-06-2017, 12:20 PM
I agree that the SBE 1 is a great duck and goose gun. Mine has had probably 7-8 k rounds run through it and up until a week ago, no problems. The weld on the barrel ring failed which put it out of action for the first time in well over a decade of ROUGH service. Shipping the barrel back this week for a free repair.

tesa8034
02-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Haven't got to hold one but they do look good and like the trigger gaurd. Got my son sbe2 few months ago because you can't get the super vinci in a left hand. In my personal opinion I think benelli's are over priced. You can buy a sx3 for half the money

BB30
02-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Haven't got to hold one but they do look good and like the trigger gaurd. Got my son sbe2 few months ago because you can't get the super vinci in a left hand. In my personal opinion I think benelli's are over priced. You can buy a sx3 for half the money

Shoot an SX3 myself and will never go back to anything else. The SX4 just came out will be interesting to see reviews on it.

tesa8034
02-15-2017, 12:17 AM
I went to Nebraska goose hunting and all the guys there had benelli's and gave me a hard time about my sx3. That morning after about 30 minutes their benelli's started freezing up but my ole Winchester never missed and beat. It must be common with them because every one of the guys also had a can of silicone with them. That was the coldest I have ever been in my life and was never so happy to see Mississippi!!

BB30
02-15-2017, 02:09 PM
I went to Nebraska goose hunting and all the guys there had benelli's and gave me a hard time about my sx3. That morning after about 30 minutes their benelli's started freezing up but my ole Winchester never missed and beat. It must be common with them because every one of the guys also had a can of silicone with them. That was the coldest I have ever been in my life and was never so happy to see Mississippi!!

The older model benellis are fantastic waterfowl guns. Some of the newer guns starting with the SBE2 and then the vincis kind of fell off when Benelli switched manufacturers. I have had a bunch of clients that have had to shoot my gun because it was cold and their benelli struggled. Not a knock on benellis if taken care of properly they are a fine gun and you can't beat them for dove shoots and trap/skeet. I am just too rough on a gun for them to work for me and have had zero problems out of my SX3 since I got it.