PDA

View Full Version : The dark tower

msstate7
02-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Anyone else pumped about this movie? I absolutely love the novel series.

Tbonewannabe
02-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Yes, and I am interested how they change it. It seems to be the continuation.

Uncle Ruckus
02-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Is this just going to be the gun slinger because I don't think they are trying to squeeze everything good into one movie. I've only read the gunslinger but I'm excited. I know the plan was movies and television so I'm anxious to see how it all plans out

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Eldris Elba being the gunslinger makes a huge change if they were going to adapt the books. Racism was a pretty big issue over several of the books and that is why most people think this is more of a sequel to the books than a retelling. There is some marketing pieces that also hint at it being different than the books also.

msstate7
02-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Eldris Elba being the gunslinger makes a huge change if they were going to adapt the books. Racism was a pretty big issue over several of the books and that is why most people think this is more of a sequel to the books than a retelling. There is some marketing pieces that also hint at it being different than the books also.

Not sure I like this. Guess I'll just have to wait and see

Tbonewannabe
02-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Not sure I like this. Guess I'll just have to wait and see

Yes, there is no way to take the Song of Susannah to the big screen with the casting of Elba. I think he can pull off the aura of the Gunslinger being the most dangerous man in existence but the dynamic between Susannah, Eddie, and Roland doesn't work with Elba. I am interested to see how they change the story since King has approved of the changes. He has been vocal on changes made to other movies and this is his actual life's work. He wrote the first story when he was 19 so it is very important to him.

Frexzell
03-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Anyone else pumped about this movie? I absolutely love the novel series.

I cannot wait. The Stand and The Dark Tower series are some of my favorite books of all time. I cannot wait to see how McConaughey plays Walter Padick/Flagg/etc. I think the rumor was that it could become an HBO series as well. I hope this happens, and it becomes a Leftovers/Game of Thrones type of series.

Tbonewannabe
03-04-2017, 03:43 PM
I cannot wait. The Stand and The Dark Tower series are some of my favorite books of all time. I cannot wait to see how McConaughey plays Walter Padick/Flagg/etc. I think the rumor was that it could become an HBO series as well. I hope this happens, and it becomes a Leftovers/Game of Thrones type of series.

I think the book that is Roland telling his story might be the HBO series. It wouldn't require Elba or McConaughy to be in it.

msstate7
05-03-2017, 10:02 PM
The trailer was released today.

https://youtu.be/GjwfqXTebIY

Tbonewannabe
05-09-2017, 09:11 AM
The trailer was released today.

https://youtu.be/GjwfqXTebIY

Definitely a lot of changes in the first movie from the first book. It looks like parts of book 1-3 are showing up. It has been a while since I read the books but I know Jake going through the house was book 2 or 3. It also looks like he comes to "our" dimension and that was with Eddie. Neither Eddie or Susannah are cast in this movie so I really do wonder how loose the adaption is or if it is another time around with things being different.

msstate7
08-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Huge disappointment

BeardoMSU
08-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Huge disappointment

Never read the books, but the film looks like a big piece of shit. The few reviews I've read overwhelmingly agree, lol.

msstate7
08-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Never read the books, but the film looks like a big piece of shit. The few reviews I've read overwhelmingly agree, lol.

The books are awesome. You should definetely read. The movie isn't representative of the books

Tbonewannabe
08-07-2017, 07:45 PM
The books are awesome. You should definetely read. The movie isn't representative of the books

The books are some of my favorite books. The movie was ok, not great. As long as you don't compare it to the books you could enjoy it somewhat.