PDA

View Full Version : T.O snubbed from Hall of Fame again.

Prentis
02-04-2017, 08:01 PM
This is a complete joke. He might have had some issues, but the numbers don't lie. When it was time to play he played and he played hard. The voting system is completely flawed.

lamont
02-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Dont be a ********** if you want to be in the HOF

ATTILLA THE DOG
02-04-2017, 08:29 PM
This is a complete joke. He might have had some issues, but the numbers don't lie. When it was time to play he played and he played hard. The voting system is completely flawed.

Good

Prentis
02-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Don't be a top 3 of all time receiver. The voters done the same thing to Charles Haley. Complete bullshit.

preachermatt83
02-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Dont be a ********** if you want to be in the HOF

This! There is more that goes into being a hof er that simply on the field

Prentis
02-04-2017, 08:48 PM
This! There is more that goes into being a hof er that simply on the field

Oh really, tell that to Brett Farve, Lawernce Taylor and plenty others that are currently in the Hall of Fame. How many off of the field issues did T.O have? This is a joke.

lamont
02-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Oh really, tell that to Brett Farve, Lawernce Taylor and plenty others that are currently in the Hall of Fame. How many off of the field issues did T.O have? This is a joke.

TO's problem is his teammates didnt like him. When your teammates hate you- you will always have trouble with recognition.

LT was a dominant player on the field and his teammates loved him. Nobody cares that he was a violent cokehead off the field. He played defense- of course he is an animal that has trouble in society at times.

Cooterpoot
02-04-2017, 09:07 PM
It's bullshit. Sorry. His numbers are better than receivers already in. This shouldnt be a popularity contest.

Prentis
02-04-2017, 09:09 PM
It's bullshit. Sorry. His numbers are better than receivers already in. This shouldnt be a popularity contest.

Thank you������

lamont
02-04-2017, 09:30 PM
He'll get in- he just doesnt deserve to be a 1st ballot guy. His bullshit with his teammates makes him have to wait a couple of extra years

Cooterpoot
02-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Being an asshole certainly didn't keep Jerry Jones out. Selective assholery is allowed I guess.

lamont
02-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Being an asshole certainly didn't keep Jerry Jones out. Selective assholery is allowed I guess.

Took Jerry Jones 28 years, 3 SB wins, and some marketing innovation to get in.

blacklistedbully
02-04-2017, 11:18 PM
No way I want that POS in the HOF. It wasn't just that he was an asshole...he was an absolute cancer to the teams he played for. I don't give a shit what his stats were, his negatives outweighed his positives.

Stats are only useful if they actually help your team be a better team than they would be without you. TO decimated teams he joined.

Reason2succeed
02-05-2017, 12:09 AM
So do Brady and Belichek get in? How bout Big Ben? How bout Ray Lewis? We have criminals, cheats, and a**holes. Who decides which is worse?

As stated before this ain't the Miss America pageant. Great football players should be in the HOF or it's just a popularity contest.

blacklistedbully
02-05-2017, 07:41 AM
So do Brady and Belichek get in? How bout Big Ben? How bout Ray Lewis? We have criminals, cheats, and a**holes. Who decides which is worse?

As stated before this ain't the Miss America pageant. Great football players should be in the HOF or it's just a popularity contest.

It's not, "just a popularity contest" unless they let players in solely because they were popular.

preachermatt83
02-05-2017, 10:52 AM
No way I want that POS in the HOF. It wasn't just that he was an asshole...he was an absolute cancer to the teams he played for. I don't give a shit what his stats were, his negatives outweighed his positives.

Stats are only useful if they actually help your team be a better team than they would be without you. TO decimated teams he joined.

Absolutely correct!!

lamont
02-05-2017, 10:57 AM

every guy you mentioned is loved by their teammates

DancingRabbit
02-05-2017, 11:38 AM
I've never "liked" TO, but think he should have got in this year, his 2nd year eligible.

It has less to do with locker room issues than always being at odds with the writers who coincidentally vote on the HOF.

tireddawg
02-05-2017, 02:00 PM
As Shannon Sharpe said the off the fields issues are not in the bylaws.

blacklistedbully
02-05-2017, 03:07 PM
HOF MISSION
• Honor the Heroes of the Game
• Preserve its History
• Promote its Values
• Celebrate Excellence EVERYWHERE

HOF VALUES:
Commitment
Integrity
Courage
Respect
Excellence

I believe there are reasons enough to state TO did not meet the core values of the HOF. He was an extremely talented and productive WR, but his impact on the teams he played for included the way he'd inevitably tear a locker room apart. Integrity? Respect? I don't think so. Even his commitment seemed more about a commitment to himself over team, no matter the cost.