PDA

View Full Version : Just got back

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2017, 07:24 PM
That is the best win for MSU men's basketball in many years. UT was the hottest team in the SEC coming in. We went down 19 early, we only shot 30% for the game, our free throw shooting was atrocious, and we still won the game. I told my group before we turned the radio on when we got in the car I couldn't wait to hear Richard Williams' take, because I knew that was his kind of game. His mantra was always that you might not shoot it well but you can always rebound and play defense. Sure enough ole Richard was very, very pleased. So was Howland. They never quit, and they played with effort on defense the whole game. We took WAY to many threes early, corrected it and went to the basket after the half. All in all a VERY satisfying win. I'm not gonna comment in every player but here are a few. Herard was immense. He is starting to get it and when he does, he is going to be one of the best players we have ever had. Holman hit the boards better than he ever has. Singleton was out of control in the first half. His effort was there despite that. In the second half he controlled that effort and he was the difference in the game. Hats off to Lamar Peters. You could tell he was hurting, he gutted it out. When he went in early before the half I'm pretty sure it was to get a shot of marcaine or the like in that hip. I'm telling you guys right now, this bunch grew up today. There are still gonna be a lot of ups and downs, but you better get in the bandwagon. I REALLY liked what I saw today. Those of you who skipped it, you missed a lot of fun!

MarketingBully
02-04-2017, 07:27 PM
That is the best post I have seen you write Liverpool. Awesome report!

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2017, 07:30 PM
That is the best post I have seen you write Liverpool. Awesome report!

Ive always called basketball as I see it. My dad was a old basketball coach. I never played t munch due to lack of athletic ability but he rubbbed off in me a bit. This bunch is coming around.