PDA

View Full Version : Wish the CL would hire this guy...

CadaverDawg
02-04-2017, 06:17 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ole-miss-coach-hugh-freeze-on-his-recruiting-class-it-was-a-penalty/

msstate7
02-04-2017, 06:23 PM
From the comments...

"Until Ole Miss gets this cleaned up with the NCAA, Ole Miss will suffer in recruiting. Miami suffered for several years until the NCAA finally finished the Shapiro investigation. I understand why Coach Freeze is upset. Miss. St. was caught trying to give a car to a recruit. The coach was fired, but no NCAA penalties. Cleared up quickly. Alabama had a coach give a player money. Also they had players getting money on a book buy back scheme. No NCAA penalties and the coach was fired. Cleared up quickly. Ohio St. had players trading memorabilia for tats and the HC knew. Coach was fired and the players were suspended. No NCAA penalties. Cleared up quickly. I could go on and on, but the point is the schools fired those involved and made amends to the NCAA, but no penalties were handed out. So that is the ticket Coach Freeze, clean it up. Fire those involved and suspend any players involved. That should solve the issue."

WSOPdawg
02-04-2017, 06:26 PM
From the comments...

"Until Ole Miss gets this cleaned up with the NCAA, Ole Miss will suffer in recruiting. Miami suffered for several years until the NCAA finally finished the Shapiro investigation. I understand why Coach Freeze is upset. Miss. St. was caught trying to give a car to a recruit. The coach was fired, but no NCAA penalties. Cleared up quickly. Alabama had a coach give a player money. Also they had players getting money on a book buy back scheme. No NCAA penalties and the coach was fired. Cleared up quickly. Ohio St. had players trading memorabilia for tats and the HC knew. Coach was fired and the players were suspended. No NCAA penalties. Cleared up quickly. I could go on and on, but the point is the schools fired those involved and made amends to the NCAA, but no penalties were handed out. So that is the ticket Coach Freeze, clean it up. Fire those involved and suspend any players involved. That should solve the issue."

I'm afraid the time has come and gone for that, my friend. They are 17'd!!!

DeviousDawg
02-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Freeze just comes off looking like a big ole bitch here.

Todd4State
02-04-2017, 06:44 PM
I thought we lost some scholarships over Redmond? We self imposed and the NCAA accepted of I remember correctly. The big difference is we actually cooperated with the NCAA and didn't tell them to go **** themselves. Maybe that's why the NCAA is being harder on Ole Miss? I don't know?

Westdawg
02-04-2017, 06:47 PM
From the comments...

While good intentioned, this guy is off. The NCAA did hand down penalties - more so, they agreed with what the school handed out and then added to those penalties.
Redmond lost an entire year and a half of eligibility, booster(s) were barred, a coach lost his job, AND the school was placed on probation.
At Ohio State, players were suspended (most all left before they had to serve them), the HC lost his job, boosters were barred, and the program received a postseason ban and probation - which quite frankly cost OSU a chance at a national title.
And if this writer/commenter had read the NOA and understood it clearly, he would see that the HC at OM is named in it with a clear Lvl 1 violation. Freeze nor OM is getting out of this, but they could have mitigated A LOT of what's coming if they had cleaned house and fired everyone on that staff a year or more ago. Now, the NCAA sees that they will have to be the ones to clean house, and I think they may very well take the whole house down, including the foundation and dirt work. I sure hope so.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-04-2017, 06:48 PM
From the comments...

We aren't like any of the other examples they used. We had a single incident and cooperated with the NCAA. Apparently it was a good strategy.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2017, 06:51 PM
This all would be over if the NCAA didn't have to restart the investigation after the first NOA

The answer to getting the NCAA to move quicker is to stop cheating.

Somehow OM has cultivated a narrative that the NCAA is just hanging out in Oxford for the hell of it and personal reasons.

RocketDawg
02-04-2017, 07:08 PM
There's a big difference in the cases the guy cited and the case at Ole Miss: In none of them was the head coach involved. Freeze appears to be complicit, so of course he's not going to stop the goings on.

maroonmania
02-04-2017, 07:17 PM
While good intentioned, this guy is off. The NCAA did hand down penalties - more so, they agreed with what the school handed out and then added to those penalties.
Redmond lost an entire year and a half of eligibility, booster(s) were barred, a coach lost his job, AND the school was placed on probation.
At Ohio State, players were suspended (most all left before they had to serve them), the HC lost his job, boosters were barred, and the program received a postseason ban and probation - which quite frankly cost OSU a chance at a national title.
And if this writer/commenter had read the NOA and understood it clearly, he would see that the HC at OM is named in it with a clear Lvl 1 violation. Freeze nor OM is getting out of this, but they could have mitigated A LOT of what's coming if they had cleaned house and fired everyone on that staff a year or more ago. Now, the NCAA sees that they will have to be the ones to clean house, and I think they may very well take the whole house down, including the foundation and dirt work. I sure hope so.

Plus we didn't GIVE a car to a recruit. NCAA findings accused us of getting Redmond an ~3K discount on a car. Apparently the only people that think we gave Redmond a free car is Matt Stevens and this guy. And I don't know how you TRY to give someone a free car. What does that even mean? We offered it but Redmond wouldn't accept?

Todd4State
02-04-2017, 07:45 PM
There's a big difference in the cases the guy cited and the case at Ole Miss: In none of them was the head coach involved. Freeze appears to be complicit, so of course he's not going to stop the goings on.

Not to mention all of those cases he mentioned combined have fewer infractions than the first Ole Miss NOA alone.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens because it really is going to be a landmark case.

Westdawg
02-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Not to mention all of those cases he mentioned combined have fewer infractions than the first Ole Miss NOA alone.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens because it really is going to be a landmark case.

yep, all these OM alums with a law degree are trying to form the public's opinion before the actual evidence comes to light publicly in order to sway the media and public to their side and cloud their judgement, as well as put pressure on the NCAA to not be very hard on them... I am of the opinion that this only will make the NCAA hand them the fullest extent of punishment that can be handed down.