PDA

View Full Version : Rebounding

msstate7
02-04-2017, 06:14 PM
We were dominant today on the boards after a bad start. Really hope this wasn't an aberration and just a sign of our bigs getting more comfortable. I think I like the Herard, kegler, and Stapleton front court much better than Herard, Holman, and kegler. Stapleton played 26 mins today, so is he good to go for that many from here out?

MarketingBully
02-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Holman isn't giving us what we need at the four. It wouldn't surprise me if Stapleton and Kegler aren't the 3 and 4 starters next year.

DeviousDawg
02-04-2017, 06:24 PM
When IJ gets back everyone's numbers will drop a little, simply because IJ should get ~30 min per game. I think Stapleton is most effective when he plays 15-20 minutes. We want him fresh so he can come in and bring the energy on the boards and in transition. There is nothing about Stapleton, except for his dunking ability, that stands out. He just brings a lot of energy, isn't afraid to be physical, and is an average shooter. He plays a vital, yet unheralded, role that will be crucial to the 2018 team's success.

MarketingBully
02-04-2017, 06:29 PM
He isn't fully healthy. He won't be until next year. The guy is the best athlete on the team. Nothing stands out? Really?

DeviousDawg
02-04-2017, 06:35 PM
He isn't fully healthy. He won't be until next year. The guy is the best athlete on the team. Nothing stands out? Really?

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I said nothing stands out except his dunking ability, which is a direct reflection of his athletic ability. I agree that he may be the most athletic guy on the team. I meant that nothing about his basketball game stands out. Average size, average shooter, average rebounder(average-above average) and average defender(fouls way too much). However, he does give 100% effort and his athleticism makes plays. Just because nothing about his game stands out, doesn't mean he isn't very important to the team. I wasn't hating on him, in fact I was doing the opposite. I even went as far as to say that he plays a vital role on the team.

Please tell me though, outside of his athleticism, what stands out about his game?

smootness
02-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Holman isn't giving us what we need at the four. It wouldn't surprise me if Stapleton and Kegler aren't the 3 and 4 starters next year.

So now Brooks is out? Haha, let's just let it play out. It's way too early to guess anything about next year's lineup.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-04-2017, 06:45 PM
I kind of think his fouling is a product of the role he's being asked to play

msstate7
02-04-2017, 06:46 PM
So now Brooks is out? Haha, let's just let it play out. It's way too early to guess anything about next year's lineup.

I agree it's too early, but what the hey... Herard will be manning the middle of our team till he leaves.

smootness
02-04-2017, 06:47 PM
I agree it's too early, but what the hey... Herard will be manning the middle of our team till he leaves.

Yeah, but just a couple days ago Marketing was shoving Herard to the curb for Ado, and Brooks was the 4.

msstate7
02-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Yeah, but just a couple days ago Marketing was shoving Herard to the curb for Ado, and Brooks was the 4.

I've ripped howland and pretty much every player we have but Herard. I'm Herard and Hev's #1 fan. Really though, I think Herard is gonna be one of the miss state hardcourt greats. Big time Herard fan

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-04-2017, 07:08 PM
I've ripped howland and pretty much every player we have but Herard. I'm Herard and Hev's #1 fan. Really though, I think Herard is gonna be one of the miss state hardcourt greats. Big time Herard fan
Just needs to work on those free throws. He's been getting to the line a ton recently, just gotta start hitting them at a higher percentage

MarketingBully
02-04-2017, 07:19 PM

I just want us to find a combination out there that gives us the best chance to win. Maybe starting Kegler at the four and Stapleton at the three will light a fire under Holman. All of those players are talented. I just want us to win.

MarketingBully
02-04-2017, 07:21 PM
I didn't mean it in a bad way. I said nothing stands out except his dunking ability, which is a direct reflection of his athletic ability. I agree that he may be the most athletic guy on the team. I meant that nothing about his basketball game stands out. Average size, average shooter, average rebounder(average-above average) and average defender(fouls way too much). However, he does give 100% effort and his athleticism makes plays. Just because nothing about his game stands out, doesn't mean he isn't very important to the team. I wasn't hating on him, in fact I was doing the opposite. I even went as far as to say that he plays a vital role on the team.

Please tell me though, outside of his athleticism, what stands out about his game?

My point is he is still recovering from injury. Once he is fully healthy (which should be next year), he will be above avaerage on a lot of the characteristics you are talking about.

smootness
02-04-2017, 07:21 PM
I just want us to find a combination out there that gives us the best chance to win. Maybe starting Kegler at the four and Stapleton at the three will light a fire under Holman. All of those players are talented. I just want us to win.

Understood. Just think you've been way too quick to make definitive statements.

MarketingBully
02-04-2017, 07:25 PM
Understood. Just think you've been way too quick to make definitive statements.

Lol, yeah. Me and Msstate7 have been lighting it up in that regard. My favorite sport is men's basketball and I take extra passion in this sport. I just want our team to be back at the top of the SEC again. We are so close to turning that corner. If we can win on Tuesday, it will put us closer to the 9-9 record I want us to have in the SEC. That's why today's game was so important IMO.

msstate7
02-04-2017, 07:30 PM
Lol, yeah. Me and Msstate7 have been lighting it up in that regard. My favorite sport is men's basketball and I take extra passion in this sport. I just want our team to be back at the top of the SEC again. We are so close to turning that corner. If we can win on Tuesday, it will put us closer to the 9-9 record I want us to have in the SEC. That's why today's game was so important IMO.

We definitely get fanatic in the game threads. We get called out for saying what probably at least a slight majority are thinking when things are going bad. Most are smart enough to not vent like us though haha

the59dawg
02-05-2017, 12:21 AM

His HUSTLE. Something this team is bad short on. Even after we got the lead with about 2+ min left, we got beat back down the floor twice by TN. They missed the most important second one so we stayed ahead.

Dawg61
02-05-2017, 08:08 AM

Let's not kill Holman just yet. He was in foul trouble this entire game and ended up fouling out in only 16 minutes. He did have two big blocks in the game and five rebounds. He has had some nice games earlier in the year when Herard, Kegler and Stapleton weren't doing shit. He is a skilled passer (remember his touch pass to Herard) good shot blocker and has to be leading the team in dunks by a wide margin.