PDA

View Full Version : If you stayed at home

EngDawg
02-04-2017, 05:57 PM
You missed a hell of a game. That is all.

mparkerfd20
02-04-2017, 06:27 PM
That's what they make TVs for Einstein. We didn't miss shit.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2017, 07:04 PM

Yes you did. That game was a lot of fun to be at.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2017, 07:52 PM

Yea you did.

Pollodawg
02-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Are we about to have that always fun conversation about how you're not a real fan if you don't attend every MSU sporting event?

RougeDawg
02-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Are we about to have that always fun conversation about how you're not a real fan if you don't attend every MSU sporting event?

Better grab some popcorn.

Bucky Dog
02-04-2017, 08:10 PM
It just sucks that people will not go to a Saturday afternoon game to support the team. And the student turnout was bad as well. Yeah we e struggled lately but you have to be supportive of these guys and where we are headed.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2017, 08:24 PM

Nope, but saying he didn't miss anything because he watching on TV is asinine.

mparkerfd20
02-04-2017, 08:53 PM
I spent all day with 4 wonderful kids while getting to watch the game from my own living room. So no, I didn't miss shit.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-04-2017, 09:14 PM
I spent all day with 4 wonderful kids while getting to watch the game from my own living room. So no, I didn't miss shit.

yeah you did

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2017, 09:21 PM

Yes, you did. Your kid still would have been there when you got back. You won't see many comebacks like that. Nothing wrong with spending the day with your kids, but belittling those that went using that is petty. My kid is a student at MSU. He had a great time there too.

Homedawg
02-04-2017, 09:45 PM

Look man if you didn't go cool. But to say you watched the game AND spent the time w your 4 wonderful kids at the same time, well....you are full of it...

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2017, 10:14 PM
Look man if you didn't go cool. But to say you watched the game AND spent the time w your 4 wonderful kids at the same time, well....you are full of it...

Yep

RougeDawg
02-04-2017, 10:20 PM
My dad can beat up your dad!!!

EngDawg
02-04-2017, 10:20 PM
If you have to work or have some other extenuating circumstance, I get it. But if you're a season ticket holder and don't bother to show up for a Saturday afternoon SEC game, you really need to examine how you are spending your money.

MCsMGs
02-04-2017, 10:35 PM
Not gonna judge anyone about how they spent their time this afternoon, but...I have to admit that I asked myself at halftime "did I really just drive almost 4 hours to watch this?"

That quickly turned into what will be a great memory of MSU basketball and a reminder of why I love college basketball so much. To experience the Hump come alive and be part of a crowd that gave a standing ovation and didn't leave until the players left the court was awesome. Listening to the post game report on the radio and recounting the game with a faithful travel buddy made the ride home seem short.

I do wish more fans would come out and support this team as I believe that it does make a difference and is time well spent.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Not gonna judge anyone about how they spent their time this afternoon, but...I have to admit that I asked myself at halftime "did I really just drive almost 4 hours to watch this?"

That quickly turned into what will be a great memory of MSU basketball and a reminder of why I love college basketball so much. To experience the Hump come alive and be part of a crowd that gave a standing ovation and didn't leave until the players left the court was awesome. Listening to the post game report on the radio and recounting the game with a faithful travel buddy made the ride home seem short.

I do wish more fans would come out and support this team as I believe that it does make a difference and is time well spent.

This. This was one of THOSE games. This one was a watershed. I was glad I went. In all honesty I didn't expect to win. But I went anyway. It was a 2:30 tip on a Saturday. I didn't have to get up early. I got back in plenty of time to do our usual feature meal of the week. I still will be at church in the morning but it wasn't getting home late on a week night when I had to be at work early in the morning. None of the usual excuses not go applied. It was fun!

Homedawg
02-04-2017, 10:52 PM
I think the funny part of this is, we have numerous people that want us to do this or do that as an athletic Dept and they are the ones that don't buy tickets, give money, anything, yet bitch about the seats being empty and the teams sucking. Guess that's what "fans" do.

MaroonFlounder
02-04-2017, 10:55 PM
I Would have been there if not for my niece's birthday party. Priorities.

EngDawg
02-05-2017, 12:02 AM
I Would have been there if not for my niece's birthday party. Priorities.

It's more the people who say "Aw 17 it, I'll stay at home and have a beer" that I'm concerned with.

the59dawg
02-05-2017, 12:07 AM
Whether you went to the game or watched, we all had to watch 30 min of very, very bad MSU basketball until something happened. And it wasn't due to where we might have expected it, ie, Q or Peters. Our front court pulled it out when the Dawgs began crashing the ball inside. Herard, Xavier and Kegler carried this team to victory. Peters and Q fed them the ball, because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
But credit the dogs with the win. I'm sure those in attendance did not enjoy the win any more than I did at home.

Liverpooldawg
02-05-2017, 12:07 AM
It's more the people who say "Aw 17 it, I'll stay at home and have a beer" that I'm concerned with.

Yep! In all honesty that's where I was. I decideded to go. As I said before, I think today was a watershed game. I enjoyed the heck out of it!

Thrill1
02-05-2017, 12:15 AM
Sometimes our fans simply cannot be pleased. I'm not going until they _____.

Think about the last four home games and what you missed:

Texas A&M: rally from down double figures to win a close one at the end. Decent crowd. 8k+

Kentucky: nearly pulled off the upset playing 5 v 8. Great atmosphere here.

Mizzou: Peters hits 7 3s, including an incredible 5 straight. Terrible crowd.

Tenn: What more can be said about rallying from 19 down while getting nothing from Q & Peters. Incredible win. Decent crowd, got really loud in last 5.

Next two Saturdays are home games. Make plans and come support this team.

EngDawg
02-05-2017, 12:40 AM

Texas A&M: rally from down double figures to win a close one at the end. Decent crowd. 8k+

Tenn: What more can be said about rallying from 19 down while getting nothing from Q & Peters. Incredible win. Decent crowd, got really loud in last 5.

Yep. This team may not be in post season contention, but for the first time in many years I go into each game with a reasonable expectation that it will be entertaining and enjoyable. These young guys have the potential to be very good over the next 2-3 years. Come support them now and watch them develop into a force in SEC basketball.

EngDawg
02-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Whether you went to the game or watched, we all had to watch 30 min of very, very bad MSU basketball until something happened. And it wasn't due to where we might have expected it, ie, Q or Peters. Our front court pulled it out when the Dawgs began crashing the ball inside. Herard, Xavier and Kegler carried this team to victory. Peters and Q fed them the ball, because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
But credit the dogs with the win. I'm sure those in attendance did not enjoy the win any more than I did at home.

You're right. I'm terribly disappointed we didn't win by 50. Because of that I just could bring myself to enjoy coming back from 19 down. Terrible afternoon all around.****

Come on man. Be positive. We beat a good UT team even though we played like crap for most of the game. A sure sign that things are improving. Sometimes you just have to grind a little harder than the other team.

mstatefan91
02-05-2017, 03:20 AM

This is a very hostile and defensive statement to an OP that was neither. The OP was a statement of fact.

That is all.

maroonmania
02-05-2017, 08:37 AM

Yep, funny how we get 3 Saturday home games in a row AFTER signing day. Seems to be a yearly ritual at this point by the conference.