PDA

View Full Version : Whats everybody cooking tomorrow for the Super Bowl?

lamont
02-04-2017, 05:19 PM
I'm doing Buffalo Legs as well as grilled bacon-wrapped pork loin marinated in a Caribbean sauce my girlfriend got me awhile back. Grilled onion, red bell pepper, and squash medley in olive oil also

msstate7
02-04-2017, 05:20 PM
What time do i need to be there?

CarolinaDawgs
02-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Just started a pork shoulder in the smoker. Going 24 hours low and slow baby.

lastmajordog
02-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Love food threads.....would be great to post of pics of food and your cookers/cooker area.....

West Tn Dawg
02-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Baked potato, salad and Ribeyes! Cheese dip and Salsa. Sweet tea!

starkvegasdawg
02-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Potted meat, off brand Vienna sausage, and great value saltines.

I seen it dawg
02-04-2017, 06:23 PM

Winner

beretta
02-04-2017, 06:25 PM
BOSTON....Butt.......what else? going on at 6am......brined it today....

neighbor doing "dirty bird" chicken in spite of me.......go figure.....he is a rebel fan....

I seen it dawg
02-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Bleu cheese stuffed bacon wrapped dates, smoked buffalo wings, potato salad, slaw, big green egg low and slow baby backs

I seen it dawg
02-04-2017, 06:26 PM
BOSTON....Butt.......what else? going on at 6am......brined it today....

neighbor doing "dirty bird" chicken in spite of me.......go figure.....he is a rebel fan....

Piss on the shitbirds grill

30dawg
02-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Whole packer brisket. Will be making burnt-ends as well. Smoking with a little cherry, peach and hickory wood. Going on late tonight. Will send after pics!

wasabaka
02-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Grilled buffalo wings, grilled bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, cheese dip, and my homemade bread with herb butter. And bourbon. Lots and lots of bourbon.

craigmid
02-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Crow.

DancingRabbit
02-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Brats and wings on the grill. Couple of platters of nachos in the oven featuring my pickled jalapenos and the tail end of a great batch of chili.

msstate7
02-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Crow.

Haha... I'm eating that now after my idiotic rant on the game thread

lamont
02-04-2017, 06:43 PM
My bad- left out the Titos

IMissJack
02-04-2017, 06:46 PM
Smoking a couple of brisket points and some sausage.

lamont
02-04-2017, 06:46 PM
What time do i need to be there?

3pm- bring Hevesy with you

msstate7
02-04-2017, 06:47 PM
3pm- bring Hevesy with you

I'll try, but he's too lazy to leave the country club**

CadaverDawg
02-04-2017, 06:48 PM
Wanting to buy a smoker...I'll admit Ive never smoked much, always grill. Can someone point me to a good smoker? I don't have a big family, so no need for anything yuge. Advice would be greatly appreciated

msbulldog
02-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Falcon wings, I'm a Saints fan.

lamont
02-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Wanting to buy a smoker...I'll admit Ive never smoked much, always grill. Can someone point me to a good smoker? I don't have a big family, so no need for anything yuge. Advice would be greatly appreciated

Any grill with a sidebox is all you need. You can spend more money and get better shit obviously- but a grill with a sidebox is all you need

IMissJack
02-04-2017, 07:00 PM

I have a Kamado Joe, which is the red, slightly cheaper version of the Big Green Egg. I had never used a Kamado, ceramic type smoker until getting this one. I like the way I can control temperature (low and slow).

I seen it dawg
02-04-2017, 07:14 PM

I'm not a big smoker person so I got the small electric smoker. I know it's sacrilegeous but it does a really good job.

HereComesTheSpiral
02-04-2017, 07:25 PM
I am trying to get into smoking and it is just me. I bought an electric smoker just for the simple fact I don't want to have to watch a fire all day and this will keep a fairly constant temperature.

shoeless joe
02-04-2017, 07:27 PM
BBQ nachos...hot wings...makers

StoneDawg
02-04-2017, 07:42 PM
17 ole miss

Noxdog
02-04-2017, 07:45 PM
WINNER

Spiderman
02-04-2017, 07:48 PM
I'm doing Buffalo Legs as well as grilled bacon-wrapped pork loin marinated in a Caribbean sauce my girlfriend got me awhile back. Grilled onion, red bell pepper, and squash medley in olive oil also

Venison and Duck tacos....... And a variety of beverages

And I still owe you a steak

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2017, 07:56 PM
I'm not a big smoker person so I got the small electric smoker. I know it's sacrilegeous but it does a really good job.

This. Does a pretty damn good job for what I need.

lamont
02-04-2017, 08:11 PM
I feel so sorry for you ****ers using an electric smoker

Its like using a plastic **** doll and calling it sex with a chick

lastmajordog
02-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Any grill with a sidebox is all you need. You can spend more money and get better shit obviously- but a grill with a sidebox is all you need

I've cooked on them all......a a beat up weber kettle and an expensive well made offset with good wood produce the best product.....JMHO

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2017, 08:34 PM
I feel so sorry for you ****ers using an electric smoker

Its like using a plastic **** doll and calling it sex with a chick

I've had both and it's much less of a hassle with the electric. My dad gives me shit every time. I'm used to it

shrimp
02-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Jambalaya.

ElectroDawg
02-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Philly cheese steak fries and pulled pork sliders

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-04-2017, 09:24 PM
bringing deer kabobs and Mississippi sin to some friends who are grilling wings

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-04-2017, 10:11 PM
I'm doing Buffalo Legs

Would you be willing to share the recipe?

RougeDawg
02-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Backstrap fresh from last Sunday's hunt, on grill. Not sure if I want to do this one pre or post sear. With some sweet potatoes baked on grill as well. Not really excited about this game though. Tired of Pats and am Saints fan.

msbulldog
02-04-2017, 10:50 PM
Backstrap fresh from last Sunday's hunt, on grill. Not sure if I want to do this one pre or post sear. With some sweet potatoes baked on grill as well. Not really excited about this game though. Tired of Pats and am Saints fan.

Rouge Dawg, if your a true Saints fan, you gotta throw some falcon wings on that grill like me! Who Dat!

LC Dawg
02-04-2017, 10:57 PM
Got some east coast oysters to eat raw, some gulf oysters to grill, and shrimp for grilled shrimp tacos. A buddy's gonna smoke a butt and bring it. And lots of Yuengling and Abita Big Easy IPA.

msbulldog
02-04-2017, 11:04 PM
I toast (with a Bloody Mary) all you guys who are cooking at this hour for tomorrow! Cheers and Hail State!

WesternSkyDawg
02-04-2017, 11:44 PM
Just started a pork shoulder in the smoker. Going 24 hours low and slow baby.

On a 24-hr smoke, about what hour do you hit the plateau, and what do you do to power through it?

Okrastar1
02-04-2017, 11:48 PM
Crawfish gettin loaded into the pot tomorrow at 330! First cooking of the season

RougeDawg
02-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Rouge Dawg, if your a true Saints fan, you gotta throw some falcon wings on that grill like me! Who Dat!

May have to do that and the feed them to my neighbors dog that barks all the damn time.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-05-2017, 09:00 AM
I have a Kamado Joe, which is the red, slightly cheaper version of the Big Green Egg. I had never used a Kamado, ceramic type smoker until getting this one. I like the way I can control temperature (low and slow).

I am trying to get into smoking and it is just me. I bought an electric smoker just for the simple fact I don't want to have to watch a fire all day and this will keep a fairly constant temperature.

Jack, I am no expert, but a couple of things to consider. With the ceramics, you can't get indirect cooking without a deflector plate. If you've never used one, I highly recommended it. I have a bayou classic cypress grill and found a rack on amazon that fit it perfectly. I bought 2 half moon pizza stones and use them as the deflector.
Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MOMHCN0/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_86_of_24?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KD3WWEFHTC46KBMMQ723

Spiral, the ceramic grills are very efficient at using less charcoal and holding their temperature over time. I ran across this fan and thermometer system and I'm thinking of trying it out. If it works as described, I may be able to do a large brisket without adding charcoal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UI018B2/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1486302856&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=bbq+fan

I've had plenty of food off an electric smoker and it's good, but it's not the same taste as it is with charcoal and chunk smoking wood.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-05-2017, 09:05 AM
I'm doing dry rub, apple/cherry smoked chicken wings with honey chipotle sauce. I'm sure the wife will be doing some dips and stuff, but I'm going easy as possible this year. As a Saints fan, I probably need to find a live chicken to sacrifice to spread some bad falcons juju.

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2017, 10:23 AM
I'm doing dry rub, apple/cherry smoked chicken wings with honey chipotle sauce. I'm sure the wife will be doing some dips and stuff, but I'm going easy as possible this year. As a Saints fan, I probably need to find a live chicken to sacrifice to spread some bad falcons juju.

Y'all go easy on the Falcons. Lifelong fan. I actually pulled for y'all your super bowl game. Please return the favor. Love the Falcons and hate the pats.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Doing dry ribs and duck breast with cream cheese and jalape?o wrapped in bacon. RISE UP

Cooterpoot
02-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Beer

lamont
02-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Would you be willing to share the recipe?

Very simple- I use the Hooters naked wing recipe and sub onion powder for garlic powder:

Louisiana Hot Sauce
Butter
Pepper
Onion Powder

I do mine in the oven instead of frying. I have a pan with ridges so they crisp up and arent soggy as they would be laying flat on the bottom of the pan. Coat top half of leg- bake on 350 for 12-13 mins...flip- coat again. Bake another 12-13 mins. Done

Turfdawg67
02-05-2017, 11:12 AM
I'm smoking baby back ribs on my 12 year old Brinkmann electric smoker. My family, friends, neighbors and I will put them up against anyone's "real" smoker. Dry rub ribs the night before then 210-220 for 2 hrs, wrap in foil for 3 hrs & lastly 1 foil-less hr... Mmmm 17'n great!

Drugdog
02-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Wendy's.

CadaverDawg
02-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Thanks for all the smoker advice. Electric seems much more convenient, but charcoal seems to create better quality. I'm torn.

Dawgbite
02-05-2017, 12:10 PM
A ceramic grill with a diffuser and a BBQ guru temp controller is the end all for smoking and grilling. I have smoked brisket for 20 plus hours on one load of charcoal, nothing else will do that. If you want to learn on the cheap and don't want to be a va jay jay (electric)and use real fire, the Brinkman charcoal smoker that looks like a garbage can with two levels and a dome top is the way to go. It is pretty much light and forget but it has no insulation and uses a lot of charcoal for a big piece on meat. If you go electric, we will have to put your Man Card on probation!

Dallas_Dawg
02-05-2017, 12:19 PM
I have a propane vertical smoker and it does a good Job. Heat stays constant but you have to watch the wood chip chamber and make sure it stays filled

beretta
02-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Thanks for all the smoker advice. Electric seems much more convenient, but charcoal seems to create better quality. I'm torn.

I use a Backwoods Cubby.....I bought it used for $500 a couple of years ago from my friend who I assist in a few competitions each year....it is awesome and easy to use.....but they are higher than giraffes ass new....

http://mbbqsupply.com/Grills-Smokers/backwoods-chubby.html

HOWEVER.....This is the "new" Sweet Swine O Mine portable red box smoker.....exact same set up as the Backwoods Chubby, just a little bit smaller.....It was picked up by Mark Lambert after the original company/person just didn't have the marketing or desire to get it out there.....It is assembled in China though....but I have both and if I were to buy just a charcoal smoker for home use, I would go with this one....

http://mbbqsupply.com/sweet-swine-o-mine-red-box-smoker.html

lamont
02-05-2017, 01:06 PM
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/char-broil-hondo-classic-charcoal-smoker#repChildCatid=230364

I just use this baby here to grill or smoke. You can obviously spend more money and get better shit- but this guy does anything I need it to because I dont cook for large groups of people

msbulldog
02-05-2017, 01:45 PM
I have a Masterbilt electric, real easy to use and you don't have to stand over it. Nice digital controls, built in meat thermometer and remote control. Does a nice job and not to hard to clean-up. $350.00

Dawgbite
02-05-2017, 01:52 PM
The sweet swim o mine looks intriguing. I have a grill problem and I admit it!

IMissJack
02-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Jack, I am no expert, but a couple of things to consider. With the ceramics, you can't get indirect cooking without a deflector plate. If you've never used one, I highly recommended it. I have a bayou classic cypress grill and found a rack on amazon that fit it perfectly. I bought 2 half moon pizza stones and use them as the deflector.
Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MOMHCN0/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_86_of_24?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KD3WWEFHTC46KBMMQ723

Spiral, the ceramic grills are very efficient at using less charcoal and holding their temperature over time. I ran across this fan and thermometer system and I'm thinking of trying it out. If it works as described, I may be able to do a large brisket without adding charcoal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UI018B2/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1486302856&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=bbq+fan

I've had plenty of food off an electric smoker and it's good, but it's not the same taste as it is with charcoal and chunk smoking wood.

Yes, I have the deflector plate, would not want to smoke without it.

CarolinaDawgs
02-05-2017, 02:28 PM
On a 24-hr smoke, about what hour do you hit the plateau, and what do you do to power through it?

This was my first 24 hour smoke. On the 18 hour smoke it was around hour 13-14 and I started freaking. You can wrap it in foil and the temperature climbs or you can just be patient. I choose patience.

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Sigh. Seeing all the good things everybody else is cooking I've decided to splurge. I just got some spam I'll throw in a skillet and fry up, too.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Y'all go easy on the Falcons. Lifelong fan. I actually pulled for y'all your super bowl game. Please return the favor. Love the Falcons and hate the pats.

The only reason I want to see Hotlanta win is for the parade. I can't imagine the scene.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-05-2017, 03:26 PM
Yes, I have the deflector plate, would not want to smoke without it.

Haha well apparently I should've asked about them here. I ruined a whole brisket without it.

Roy Munson
02-05-2017, 03:32 PM

Backstrap jalape?o cream cheese bacon popper
Green onion and cheese deer sausage
Jalape?o cheddar deer sausage
Boudin
Corn dip
But dip
Coors light
Fireball

And whatever everyone else is eating

lamont
02-05-2017, 03:56 PM
The Titos has been poured....I repeat the Titos has been poured

Dawgfan77
02-05-2017, 03:59 PM
The Titos has been poured....I repeat the Titos has been poured

Will you start a drunk RP thread. All would be appreciative of it.

msbulldog
02-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Will you start a drunk RP thread. All would be appreciative of it.

It would certainly be entertaining, until the arguments got so bad, you just throw up your hands and go to another thread.

lamont
02-05-2017, 04:07 PM
lol- cant on a Sunday night...5:30 comes too early...will check with C34 and see if he minds bringing back those Saturday night food, drink, and music threads

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Very simple- I use the Hooters naked wing recipe and sub onion powder for garlic powder:

Louisiana Hot Sauce
Butter
Pepper
Onion Powder

I do mine in the oven instead of frying. I have a pan with ridges so they crisp up and arent soggy as they would be laying flat on the bottom of the pan. Coat top half of leg- bake on 350 for 12-13 mins...flip- coat again. Bake another 12-13 mins. Done

Thank you. I have been looking for one.

fader2103
02-05-2017, 04:35 PM
My momma always fixed a big pot of chili on super bowl Sunday. So I gotta keep the tradition. Never gone a super bowl Sunday in 33 years without it.