PDA

View Full Version : Butler Snow coming up again...

Political Hack
02-03-2017, 09:57 AM
The firm leaders are probably going to get tired of their lawyers dragging their firm into this pretty soon. Two employees names have been thrown out as being "involved" and there was the reported visit from Freeze and Sexton to the building following Tunsil-gate.

The NCAA investigation into Ole Miss has turned into the best best Mississippi soap opera since WorldCom.

MadDawg
02-03-2017, 10:16 AM
The firm leaders are probably going to get tired of their lawyers dragging their firm into this pretty soon. Two employees names have been thrown out as being "involved" and there was the reported visit from Freeze and Sexton to the building following Tunsil-gate.

The NCAA investigation into Ole Miss has turned into the best best Mississippi soap opera since WorldCom.

Public corruption is something that firm has never shied away from.

Uncivilengineer
02-03-2017, 10:17 AM
What possibly good could BS do Ole Miss? They are masters of separating Mississippi tax money from Mississippi tax payers and depositing it into their banking account. The NCAA don't care that they are bunch of Good Ole Boys.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2017, 12:58 PM

Man it just keeps getting deeper and deeper! Reckon the NCAA will ever find the end of this tangled knot? Geez smu aint got nothing on the bears in cheating!

Westdawg
02-03-2017, 01:30 PM
This is what happens when you let dirty, unethical lawyers lead and infest your program at all levels. They think they can do what they want and hide behind the threats they throw at anyone or thing that threatens to stop them.
But here's what they don't realize, being a member of the NCAA is a privilege. And if you don't play by the rules, eventually it will come back to bite you. I HOPE they are dumb enough to actually try to sue the NCAA, because then subpoena power comes into play and I am sure that the IRS and the US Dept. of Ed. will gladly take looks at bank records, undeclared income for athletes and/or their families, and fraudulent testing. This will be the landmark for future generations to know "this is how you royally F*** up ".

Tbonewannabe
02-03-2017, 02:09 PM
This is what happens when you let dirty, unethical lawyers lead and infest your program at all levels. They think they can do what they want and hide behind the threats they throw at anyone or thing that threatens to stop them.
But here's what they don't realize, being a member of the NCAA is a privilege. And if you don't play by the rules, eventually it will come back to bite you. I HOPE they are dumb enough to actually try to sue the NCAA, because then subpoena power comes into play and I am sure that the IRS and the US Dept. of Ed. will gladly take looks at bank records, undeclared income for athletes and/or their families, and fraudulent testing. This will be the landmark for future generations to know "this is how you royally F*** up ".

I am really surprised that the IRS hasn't gotten involved yet. You are probably looking at a million dollars for each recruiting class of income.

Westdawg
02-03-2017, 03:20 PM
I am really surprised that the IRS hasn't gotten involved yet. You are probably looking at a million dollars for each recruiting class of income.

Probably because so many schools don't want it to happen is why. And that is what OM is hoping for, but here's the kicker - no school is truly willing to destroy their cash cow, aka the NCAA and their respective conference. And that's what OM folks don't understand. The money dries up when you leave the NCAA. TV contracts alone won't be re-negotiated for several more years. And OM is stuck with the realization that they are about to be hammered. I really think they are willing to open floodgates and drown/destroy everyone just to throw the finger at the NCAA. It would not surprise me I the least if they haven't got PIs following all top 100 prospects and keeping a file on the dirty on everyone in the event they (OM) were caught themselves.

Coursesuper
02-03-2017, 04:31 PM
This must be the pair of younger alumni that were told to lay low by higher up network types but chose to get in the middle of it.

Todd4State
02-03-2017, 05:13 PM
This must be the pair of younger alumni that were told to lay low by higher up network types but chose to get in the middle of it.

Forward Rebels!

rbdog82
02-03-2017, 07:43 PM

One of the "younger alumni" is the stereotypical Ole Miss fan. Checks all the "Ole Miss" boxes. Not sure about the second guy, but I'm guessing the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Coursesuper
02-03-2017, 10:00 PM
One of the "younger alumni" is the stereotypical Ole Miss fan. Checks all the "Ole Miss" boxes. Not sure about the second guy, but I'm guessing the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

No it doesn't, prototype CCJ crowd also.

Bully13
02-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Delta Dawn what's that flower you have on? Could it be a faded rose from days gone by?

And did I hear you say he was a meeting you here today to take you to his mansion in the sky.

RougeDawg
02-03-2017, 10:53 PM

They spent almost a mil on just the big 3 from 13 during their time on campus. They have roughly $2-3 mil per year on pay roll, at minimum.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-04-2017, 09:50 AM
Delta Dawn what's that flower you have on? Could it be a faded rose from days gone by?

And did I hear you say he was a meeting you here today to take you to his mansion in the sky.

That is probably Tanya Tucker's first ever appearance on elitedawgs.