PDA

View Full Version : Ben Garrett Pumping the OM LB Class on the Radio

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2017, 06:53 PM
LOL. Garrett is pumping that LB class full of dudes that MSU didn't offer. Saying "Getting LB was absolutely critical to this class & OM accomplished that."

Yeah, they accomplished getting a bunch of non-SEC offer LBs that are about to get trucked

defiantdog
02-01-2017, 07:00 PM
OM simply got quantity over quality in 2017.

smootness
02-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Breon Dixon is legit, he's just a bit of a turd. I don't know anything about Sanogo.

DawgPoundtheRock
02-01-2017, 07:43 PM
This class is a penalty.

msstate7
02-01-2017, 07:50 PM
ESPN has breon Dixon rated higher than willie gay. Smh

Big4Dawg
02-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Breon Dixon is legit, he's just a bit of a turd. I don't know anything about Sanogo.

I don't either except we didn't offer

SDDawg
02-01-2017, 07:57 PM
I think Sanogo was a bubble guy that we could have offered, but didn't. Typical style over substance with OM.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2017, 08:05 PM

Your kidding?

I tell ya, Luganbill sucks at this.

I like some of his stuff on Bounds but the ESPN recruiting rankings are whacked out.

Homedawg
02-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Your kidding?

I tell ya, Luganbill sucks at this.

I like some of his stuff on Bounds but the ESPN recruiting rankings are whacked out.

I know this won't go well w some but here goes. I'm tickled we got Willie his upside is tremendous. But he's not ready to play lb next year. Not even close. I've watched him for 3 years. Great specimen, and as I said huge upside. But he prolly needs a redshirt. Might not be able to, but he won't be a factor next year.

defiantdog
02-01-2017, 08:14 PM
I know this won't go well w some but here goes. I'm tickled we got Willie his upside is tremendous. But he's not ready to play lb next year. Not even close. I've watched him for 3 years. Great specimen, and as I said huge upside. But he prolly needs a redshirt. Might not be able to, but he won't be a factor next year.

You'll be surprised what good coaching can do to someone that's already in perfect shape for the position.

msstate7
02-01-2017, 08:23 PM

Not disputing what you said, but I still think gay is a better prospect than Dixon.

BeastMan
02-01-2017, 08:29 PM

He's very undersized and has character issues. He's a good athlete but I doubt he'll ever sniff any all-conference teams in his career.

lamont
02-01-2017, 08:31 PM
You'll be surprised what good coaching can do to someone that's already in perfect shape for the position.

He was coached well at Starkville

lamont
02-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Not disputing what you said, but I still think gay is a better prospect than Dixon.

Leo redshirted. Doesnt mean you arent or wont be a top-notch player

msstate7
02-01-2017, 08:36 PM

I'm not saying gay will play or RS... I'm saying Espn's ranking Dixon over gay is crap

Bothrops
02-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Gay would be the stud out of Dixon and Sanogo.

Bucky Dog
02-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Who is Ben Garrett?!

Coursesuper
02-01-2017, 09:08 PM
He was coached well at Starkville

That is very true, his DC and LB coach is the same man that coached me, that coach is first rate.

Homedawg
02-01-2017, 09:15 PM

Oh I'm not arguing that point. At ALL

Homedawg
02-01-2017, 09:17 PM

Ill be surprised really? Just get back to me in November. Of course half or more of the board will be raising hell that we aren't playin the best players. But you've been forewarned.

Homedawg
02-01-2017, 09:19 PM

Leo made 100X more plays in high school than gay did. Now, as I said before, gay has an unreal upside. But your point is what I'm trying to say. Leo was more ready than Willie. Not even close.

Schultzy
02-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Leo made 100X more plays in high school than gay did. Now, as I said before, gay has an unreal upside. But your point is what I'm trying to say. Leo was more ready than Willie. Not even close.

No

Homedawg
02-01-2017, 09:28 PM
No

No what? Hell gay wouldn't have been shs best defensive player this year and wasn't last year, had abdural Lee not been in prison. He made way more plays last year. That's a fact. No argument.

Schultzy
02-01-2017, 09:48 PM
No

smootness
02-01-2017, 10:08 PM

I think Gay is definitely the better prospect, but I'm telling you, Dixon is legit. If he keeps his attitude in check, he's going to be very, very good. Among the top players in Georgia, he stood out immediately.

Homedawg
02-01-2017, 10:36 PM
No

Typical. Just spout out a one word bs answer. Disagreeing is great for the board. But nut up and say what is no. Otherwise you are just being a pansy just disagreeing to disagree.

Schultzy
02-01-2017, 10:55 PM
I went to the games, watched them play, and you are wrong.

Homedawg
02-01-2017, 10:58 PM
I went to the games, watched them play, and you are wrong.

Oh so I didn't see either of them play?? You can have an opposing opinion that's cool. But mine is based on watching in person to. Maybe if you had read about gay not being better than a 160 lb midget you would know that. I'd say book mark this and we will see.

Schultzy
02-01-2017, 11:02 PM
Oh so I didn't see either of them play?? You can have an opposing opinion that's cool. But mine is based on watching in person to. Maybe if you had read about gay not being better than a 160 lb midget you would know that. I'd say book mark this and we will see.
You're not making any sense.

Homedawg
02-01-2017, 11:54 PM
You're not making any sense.

If you will read above it will make plenty of sense. Gay wasn't the best defensive player on his team his hs Jr. year, see the reference to abdural Lee, who is the 160 lb midget. But since you've seen them in sure you knew that? He, gay, wasn't a beast that you game planned around. Leo was. But guess you knew all that. And as I said please please bookmark this in the fall and tell me I was wrong mr. No.

Schultzy
02-02-2017, 12:06 AM
He was the best defensive player on his team his junior year and his senior year and that has nothing to do with our outstanding linebacker Leo Lewis or his HS career.

Willie Gay is a take for any program in the country who thinks they might've had a chance to sign him.

Homedawg
02-02-2017, 12:17 AM
He was the best defensive player on his team his junior year and his senior year and that has nothing to do with our outstanding linebacker Leo Lewis or his HS career.

Willie Gay is a take for any program in the country who thinks they might've had a chance to sign him.

If you think gay was the best player on shs his jr year, then you sealed it, you obviously didn't see them play. Period. Debate over. Hell his jr year he wasn't the second best defensive player on the team. This isn't about potential, I'm talking production. And it wasn't close.
Eta. Who said any team wouldn't take him? Of course they would. He has endless "potential". How many times does one have to say it. Damn. He's a physical freak. But not ready to play for the last fing time.

Schultzy
02-02-2017, 12:37 AM
Physical freak but not ready is your argument and contradictory.

dogshiek
02-02-2017, 08:08 AM
The UMiss list of signees reminds me of a oft repeated line in the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. "Who are those guys?" Hugh did a great job of keeping them under the radar, the table, and all of the cruitin' services! Offered to anybody with a couple of stars.

GreenheadDawg
02-02-2017, 08:13 AM
I think Gay is definitely the better prospect, but I'm telling you, Dixon is legit. If he keeps his attitude in check, he's going to be very, very good. Among the top players in Georgia, he stood out immediately.

Then why did Georgia back off of him if he's so great? Attitude?

Schultzy
02-02-2017, 09:10 AM
Abdural Lee is the greatest football player of all time, he should be nominated for the hall of fame, and makes all other players obsolete. His incredible production should encourage all others to quit the game.

smootness
02-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Then why did Georgia back off of him if he's so great? Attitude?

Yes.

They may have also had questions about his size, but if you remove the attitude concerns (I know you can't), I'd take him over plenty of bigger guys. He reminds me a lot of Rennie Curran, who remains the best HS football player I've ever seen in person. Dixon is always in the right spot, he makes a ton of plays, and he hits like a freight train. Love everything about the way he plays football.

BB30
02-02-2017, 10:27 AM
If you will read above it will make plenty of sense. Gay wasn't the best defensive player on his team his hs Jr. year, see the reference to abdural Lee, who is the 160 lb midget. But since you've seen them in sure you knew that? He, gay, wasn't a beast that you game planned around. Leo was. But guess you knew all that. And as I said please please bookmark this in the fall and tell me I was wrong mr. No.

Well actually to be fair we would need to bookmark this for after his red shirt year if we are going to compare him with Leo. Willie has insane upside. I agree he will more than likely be a non factor this upcoming season, but he has some pretty incredible physical gifts that a lot of guys don't have. He just has to put the pieces together. Gay was also a fairly late bloomer compared to Leo. The good news is our LB corps is looking pretty solid for the next several years and as a state fan I couldn't be happier.

louisvilledawg
02-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Who is Ben Garrett?!

Some girl that writes for Ole Miss Spirit I believe.

smootness
02-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Well actually to be fair we would need to bookmark this for after his red shirt year if we are going to compare him with Leo. Willie has insane upside. I agree he will more than likely be a non factor this upcoming season, but he has some pretty incredible physical gifts that a lot of guys don't have. He just has to put the pieces together. Gay was also a fairly late bloomer compared to Leo. The good news is our LB corps is looking pretty solid for the next several years and as a state fan I couldn't be happier.

If he redshirts, then Homedawg would be proven correct. He's never said Gay won't be very good, he just said he won't be ready to make an impact in year one.

BB30
02-02-2017, 11:17 AM
If he redshirts, then Homedawg would be proven correct. He's never said Gay won't be very good, he just said he won't be ready to make an impact in year one.

I stand corrected, I misread his post as he was comparing Leo to Gay. I would agree then, my bad Homedawg. I don't think there is any doubt he will be redshirted this season.

Bubb Rubb
02-02-2017, 11:26 AM

The consensus on Gay suggests otherwise. Leo needed the redshirt year to get in better shape and develop a work ethic. Gay is expected to contribute from day one. Most recruiting experts say this. Hell, Dan even said it in his presser.

I don't think you can get too wrapped up in "who made more plays" in high school. A lot goes into it. Richie Brown made a shit ton of plays last year but he also ran himself out of plays, couldn't get off blocks, and missed a lot of tackles. The talent evaluators out there rate Gay as they do for a reason, State and LSU duked it out over him for a reason, and Mullen is excited about him for a reason. He's gonna be a player.

Schultzy
02-02-2017, 01:06 PM
My basic point is that the HS production and physical stature of player B has nothing to do with the talent, ability or readiness of player A to contribute year one in college.

I think he will, you think he won't and it's sheer opinion.

Schultzy
02-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Apparently Mullen said Gay would be in the rotation day one.

Homedawg
02-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Apparently Mullen said Gay would be in the rotation day one.

Couple of things. 1, coaches say a lot of crap at signing day press conferences. 2, if he's in the rotation doesn't mean he's ready to be. Hell keyton is going to be in the rotation, he's forced to, ready or not.

Schultzy
02-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Couple of things. 1, coaches say a lot of crap at signing day press conferences. 2, if he's in the rotation doesn't mean he's ready to be. Hell keyton is going to be in the rotation, he's forced to, ready or not.

That was very out of character for him to say about a true freshman who hasn't even been through a single practice yet.

One of us will get to say I told you so.

Homedawg
02-02-2017, 08:42 PM
That was very out of character for him to say about a true freshman who hasn't even been through a single practice yet.

One of us will get to say I told you so.

Yep. That's correct.

FISHDAWG
02-02-2017, 08:55 PM
kinda funny that you guys are arguing about two players who's college careers are nowhere near yet written ... but it makes for good reading

Ari Gold
02-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Gay will play .
Hill will play
KT will prob have to play some ( hopefully not )

sandwolf
02-03-2017, 07:38 AM
Couple of things. 1, coaches say a lot of crap at signing day press conferences.

No doubt, but I can't remember ever hearing Mullen come out and say what he said, the way he said it about a signee.....his response to a question about a highly touted signee is usually something along the lines of, "Eh, mmm, well ya know we'll see......if he comes in a works hard and learns the playbook then he could definitely see the field." I don't think I have ever heard him just flat out say, "Yea, that is a kid who will probably be in the rotation from day one." without adding in all the bullshit coach speak about working hard, learning the playbook, adjusting to the college game, etc.