PDA

View Full Version : question - Todd and baseball fans

Bo Darville
04-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Cohen plans on throwing Woodruff tomorrow against Ole Miss (non-conference game). If Woodruff goes out and is flat dialed in through the first 2 or 3 innings, what do you do?

Do you leave him in, let him pitch 6-7 innings of shutout ball and gain tons of confidence? Or do you yank him after 2 or 3 innings of awesome pitching in order to start him this weekend against A&M? Any thoughts?

Obviously, if he struggles neither of the scenarios above are in play.

slickdawg
04-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Pitch and gain confidence. We need him to get it. I doubt they let him go over 70-80 pitches anyway.

Todd4State
04-08-2013, 06:16 PM
He threw around 65 against South Alabama. He should be able to throw somewhere between 80-100 on Tuesday.

We can do whatever we want because of Ross Mitchell. He gives us a lot of flexibility. If it were me, I would let Woodruff go as far as he can within the pitch limit based on how he performs of course. I would not worry about the Texas A&M series as far as our rotation goes. Pollorena has pitched well IMO (it sounds like he was getting messed over by the umpire against Arkansas, and he STILL left with a lead in that game) plus with him being from Texas, he is probably familiar with their hitters. Graveman is Graveman and Lindgren is supposed to start Sunday against A&M and I thought he lights out for four innings- we can hopefully get at least 5-6 this weekend from him. So, there's really no reason to push Woodruff at this point.

Plus, let's say we limit Woodruff to three innings Tuesday- that's likely (hopefully) less than 50 pitches or so after having him throw 65 in his last start. And then all of a sudden expecting him to throw 100 or so on the weekend- he would potentially tire pretty easily.

I haven't seen it mentioned a lot, but Trevor Fitts looks every bit as impressive as Woodruff and Lindgren to me. I'd like to see him pitch more.

Will James
04-08-2013, 06:23 PM
You beat Ole Miss' ass.

Coach34
04-08-2013, 06:36 PM
You beat Ole Miss' ass.

This

State82
04-09-2013, 01:04 PM
If he's dealing, let him deal as long as he can. Regardless of it being non-conf., it's still a very big rpi game and I would do everything in the interest of winning it. Plus, it's UM, so enough said.

Spider-Man
04-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Pitch him. Let him go the distance if he can. Don't let him pitch in the A&M series and have him ready for SBW Thursday against Auburn.