PDA

View Full Version : OM and flipping Reed

Bodaski
02-01-2017, 01:01 PM
This may be the dumbest thing I've seen HF do to try and show us up. He flips a juco bound kid that requires signing and counts against their totals. Knowing the NCAA is fixing to drop the hammer on you, you need all the qualifiers you can get. To me its just a stupid move trying to out do us. We actually win this deal IMO. Now we need to sign the guy Saban dropped or another OL from somewhere that qualifies.

MaroonFlounder
02-01-2017, 01:02 PM
HUE probably told him to pick up the MSU hat and chunk it across the room.

Yes.....he did just that.

CarolinaDawgs
02-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Just got a text from a bear saying they flipped the guy from columbus and I spewed my drink out.

blacklistedbully
02-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Yep...he is in the right place. Not only chucked our cap, but picked it up like he was choosing us, then threw it. For a kid that is going to end up in JUCO, and find that Hugh is gone before he is eligible for D1, that was a really stupid move.

Why burn a bridge by doing something like that? Doesn't hurt us one bit, but makes him look petty and foolish. He could have just picked up the UNM hat and kept MSU a possibility for the future, but probably not now. He belongs at UNM, if he can still get in a couple years from now. And if he can, enjoy playing on really shitty teams with no hopes for a bowl.

Jack Lambert
02-01-2017, 01:26 PM
It would be hilarious if Ole Miss gets busted on this class. They are asinine stupid and if they paid money the NCAA will find out. They like to brag too much. Lose lips sink ships. They have already got busted cheating while being investigated over cheating. Really Stupid People up there and their women are whores.

defiantdog
02-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Yep...he is in the right place. Not only chucked our cap, but picked it up like he was choosing us, then threw it. For a kid that is going to end up in JUCO, and find that Hugh is gone before he is eligible for D1, that was a really stupid move.

Why burn a bridge by doing something like that? Doesn't hurt us one bit, but makes him look petty and foolish. He could have just picked up the UNM hat and kept MSU a possibility for the future, but probably not now. He belongs at UNM, if he can still get in a couple years from now. And if he can, enjoy playing on really shitty teams with no hopes for a bowl.

He's a kid just like every other kid signing today. Some just have a higher level of maturity than others.

msudawg1200
02-01-2017, 01:31 PM

That's just stupid anyway. Do some of these kids even think? Who told him that would be a good idea? Even if one our commits did this i'd not like it either. I'm glad we didn't get him if that's what he is about.

msstate7
02-01-2017, 01:32 PM
He's a kid just like every other kid signing today. Some just have a higher level of maturity than others.

Some are smarter than others too. If you're gonna make a promotion like that at least make sure you can actually get in the school that you pick

blacklistedbully
02-01-2017, 01:33 PM

C'mon man. Were you that dumb when you graduated high school? It's one thing to be immature and make some bad choices, but this guy has had a long, long time to think about this. He must surely know he's likely headed to juco. I know damn well when I was a freshman, I wouldn't have been that stupid.

ETA - Choosing UNM over MSU is a bad decision for him. Doing that silly shit with the cap is really, really stupid in his situation. He has to know the landscape is going to change a lot over the next 2 years. Only an imbecile would risk burning a bridge like he may have done, just so he could be a smartass.

Jack Lambert
02-01-2017, 01:33 PM
It's all about perception with those asses.

Really Clark?
02-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Its in his playbook to deliberately try and find or place a player he can flip from us. And I do mean he literally wants to that in every class. If not more than one.

Bubb Rubb
02-01-2017, 01:39 PM
That's just stupid anyway. Do some of these kids even think? Who told him that would be a good idea? Even if one our commits did this i'd not like it either. I'm glad we didn't get him if that's what he is about.

Did you like it when Fitz did the "fins down" and stomp in the Egg Bowl?

Kids will be kids. Don't read anything into it.

smootness
02-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Doing a dumb hat switch, and even throwing a hat, isn't going to burn a bridge. If we really want him in 2 years we're not going to let that stop us from taking him.

blacklistedbully
02-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Totally different situation.

blacklistedbully
02-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Doing a dumb hat switch, and even throwing a hat, isn't going to burn a bridge. If we really want him in 2 years we're not going to let that stop us from taking him.

I'm not so sure. I bet you it will be a factor. He may be good enough a player to overcome it, but if it's close between him and another recruit, I could see Dan taking a pass with this being the straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back. If Dan doesn't like kissing ass as it is, imagine how he feels after watching that completely disrespectful display. And keep in mind, he was going out of his way to affirm he was solid to MSU up until today.

msstate7
02-01-2017, 01:47 PM
I'm not so sure. I bet you it will be a factor. He may be good enough a player to overcome it, but if it's close between him and another recruit, I could see Dan taking a pass with this being the straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back. If Dan doesn't like kissing ass as it is, imagine how he feels after watching that completely disrespectful display. And keep in mind, he was going out of his way to affirm he was solid to MSU up until today.

Yep. Unless the kid becomes a juco AA 4*, I wouldn't give him the time of day

smootness

I doubt it will even be in Mullen's mind at all by then. If it is and it's an issue, I'm sure it would just take an apology and an admission that it was immature to get over it. It really isn't a big deal.

Leeshouldveflanked
He's gonna feel pretty stupid in 2 years when Ole Miss doesn't have a scholarship for him....

msbulldog

Yeah I kinda did.

Bubb Rubb
02-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Totally different situation.

Nah. They were both premeditated acts intended to show disrespect to the rival school that was getting beaten. The only difference is that Fitz did it in a game and Reed did it on signing day.

And I love that Fitz did it. It was awesome. Dear did it too with his homerun swing after his TD. But you can't celebrate it, and get offended when the other guys do it. They're teenagers.

John Farley
02-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Here's the thing this "great young man" needs to remember. Ole Miss history proves they don't go back after their Jucos after two years. Hardly ever. And he burned this bridge today. He might have set himself up to be committing to Lowes or Dirt Cheap in two years

mstatefan91
02-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Nah. They were both premeditated acts intended to show disrespect to the rival school that was getting beaten. The only difference is that Fitz did it in a game and Reed did it on signing day.

And I love that Fitz did it. It was awesome. Dear did it too with his homerun swing after his TD. But you can't celebrate it, and get offended when the other guys do it. They're teenagers.

It's a different situation in that Fitz is already at State, starting, and is playing in a real rivalry game.

Reed is not at either school, will be at JUCO, and may need State in the future.

blacklistedbully
02-01-2017, 02:01 PM

No...the significant difference here is that Fitz was on our team. Reed is not on their team yet, and odds are he is going to JUCO. Any player going to JUCO should never diss any school that is interested in him, because he may have a change of heart or circumstance later.

smootness
02-01-2017, 02:05 PM
No...the significant difference here is that Fitz was on our team. Reed is not on their team yet, and odds are he is going to JUCO. Any player going to JUCO should never diss any school that is interested in him, because he may have a change of heart or circumstance later.

Do you think OM would turn him down if he called today and wanted to transfer? Or do you think we would if the roles were reversed? Of course not.

Bubb Rubb
02-01-2017, 02:08 PM

I don't disagree that he shouldn't have done it. It was stupid on his part, especially since these Ole Miss coaches will be long gone from there by the time he gets out of JUCO. Whether he was on the team or just signing with the team...the emotion behind it is the same thing though...wanting to show up the other guy.

EAVdog
02-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Is it stupid, yes. But let him have his day.

The kid may become a JUCO all-world athlete. And if he does then MSU, and everyone else, will try to sign him no matter the hat flip.

mstatefan91
02-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Do you think OM would turn him down if he called today and wanted to transfer? Or do you think we would if the roles were reversed? Of course not.

Ummm you do know who our coach is, right?

Dan has a YUGE ego and is stubborn to boot.. I'm not saying you're wrong, but you probably aren't right.

Mutt the Hoople
02-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Some slaves just wanna go back to Egypt.

msstate7
02-01-2017, 02:19 PM

Reed isn't exactly a hot commodity. There's a thread below where McElroy said fitz is the best returning qb in the sec. Probably not the best example

smootness
02-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Reed isn't exactly a hot commodity. There's a thread below where McElroy said fitz is the best returning qb in the sec. Probably not the best example

This whole thing is predicated on the fact that we actually want Reed as a football player in two years. If we don't really care about whether we get him or not, then who cares? But if we definitely want him, I seriously doubt this is going to register at all.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-01-2017, 02:30 PM
But CJ Johnson had his lanyard ripped off!!!******

blacklistedbully
02-01-2017, 02:39 PM

What's that got to do with the price of tea in China? Totally different situation.

smootness
02-01-2017, 02:40 PM
What's that got to do with the price of tea in China? Totally different situation.

Same principle.

fishwater99
02-01-2017, 02:43 PM
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/826851543584559112

mstatefan91
02-01-2017, 02:44 PM
Something about Germans

blacklistedbully
02-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Same principle.

Not at all. Fitz is not a recruit destined for JUCO, being recruited by a school about to get blasted by the NCAA, and a coaching staff that is likely to not be there for him in 2 years. Also, Fitz is now a hot commodity and a Heisman candidate.

Also, Dan is known to expect more from a character and maturity standpoint. He tells all these recruits they're gonna have to bust their ass and earn everything they get at MSU.

mstatefan91
02-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Not at all. Fitz is not a recruit destined for JUCO, being recruited by a school about to get blasted by the NCAA, and a coaching staff that is likely to not be there for him in 2 years. Also, Fitz is now a hot commodity and a Heisman candidate.

Also, Dan is known to expect more from a character and maturity standpoint. He tells all these recruits they're gonna have to bust their ass and earn everything they get at MSU.

Yup. I see what smootness is getting at, but he picked a horrible comparison.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-01-2017, 02:55 PM
of that shitbird throwing our hat.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Ole-Miss-signee-announced-signing-by-throwing-MSU-hat-51023111

smootness
02-01-2017, 03:00 PM

None of that has anything to do with whether or not Mullen would allow this gesture to stop him from taking the player. You say he expects more from a character/maturity standpoint...but he doesn't expect more from his starting QB?

Again, do you think Mullen would take Fitz if he was at Ole Miss, did that in a game against us, then wanted to come here?

Because unless you think he would turn him down, then it's literally just a question of how good the player is...which is what I'm saying. If Reed is good enough, we'll take him and won't think twice.

smootness
02-01-2017, 03:02 PM
Is this a Germans post of a Germans post? Pretty groundbreaking.

mstatefan91
02-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Chill with this shit. It happened. It wasn't a good decision on the kid's part. Moving on.

Maroonthirteen
02-01-2017, 03:13 PM
He will fit in good there.

That is the only take away.

blacklistedbully
02-01-2017, 03:13 PM
None of that has anything to do with whether or not Mullen would allow this gesture to stop him from taking the player. You say he expects more from a character/maturity standpoint...but he doesn't expect more from his starting QB?

Again, do you think Mullen would take Fitz if he was at Ole Miss, did that in a game against us, then wanted to come here?

Because unless you think he would turn him down, then it's literally just a question of how good the player is...which is what I'm saying. If Reed is good enough, we'll take him and won't think twice.

Totally different. Once you're actually on a team...including those kids who expect to actually be on the team that following year, trash-talking and disrespecting your rival is cool. I wouldn't even have a problem if he did a small hat-fake and chose UNM. But throwing the hat the way he did was over-the-top, particularly when he apparently went out-of-his-way to make our staff believe he was committed until the end.

But most importantly, if I'm Dan, I'm really questioning this kid's intelligence and respect for authority after that stunt, 'cause the kid has to know he's likely going to juco, etc. There are types of players Dan won't take that UNM will. I firmly believe that. Dan is much more of a disciplinarian than Freeze, and I believe demands more from his kids. I could definitely see Dan watching that shit and saying, "**** you too, kid. I've got better things to do with my time than chase a dip-shit like you".

Tripp McNeely
02-01-2017, 03:18 PM
of that shitbird throwing our hat.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Ole-Miss-signee-announced-signing-by-throwing-MSU-hat-51023111

Eh...eh...eh...hold off calling him a shitbird for now. One actually has to enroll in classes and wear a uniform to technically be classified as "shitbird"...and none of that will ever happen...so, sadly, he'll never get to official shitbird status.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-01-2017, 03:19 PM
He will fit in good there.

That is the only take away.

Ha..he won't even be there

Johnson85
02-01-2017, 03:19 PM
I don't disagree that he shouldn't have done it. It was stupid on his part, especially since these Ole Miss coaches will be long gone from there by the time he gets out of JUCO. Whether he was on the team or just signing with the team...the emotion behind it is the same thing though...wanting to show up the other guy.

It's not just that these Ole Miss coaches will be gone by the time he's eligible (if he doesn't qualify this year). It's that there will be new coaches and using their limited scholarships to sign 2 year players simply prolongs the pain of probation. Will Ole Miss be taking any JUCOs in two years if they are limited to 15 signees?

Reason2succeed
02-01-2017, 03:20 PM
He was obviously a plant. Whoever put him up to doing that ought to be ashamed of themselves. He's going to have a hard time living in Mississippi and so will AJ Brown.

sandwolf
02-01-2017, 03:20 PM
If Reed is good enough, we'll take him and won't think twice. This is really all that needs to be said...what he did was stupid, but if he is a good enough player then it won't influence whether or not we recruit him.

Johnson85
02-01-2017, 03:22 PM

The only difference is that one was done by players that had actually done something and the other by a 17 year old kid that very likely won't be eligible to play in the SEC for two more years?
Isn't that sort of a big difference? Yeah, maybe you don't like trash talking by anybody, but it's still a lot worse for a sign and place player to talk trash at a hat ceremony than for a player to talk trash in a game.

deltadawg99
02-01-2017, 03:25 PM
Isn't he a sign and place guy? He better hope they have a spot for him after juco and they're scholarship numbers are down.

notsofarawaydawg
02-01-2017, 03:28 PM
His mama told him to do it. She gets a bigger house and bonus if the kid flips and tries to make MSU look bad. **

GTHOM
02-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Who cares

drunkernhelldawg
02-01-2017, 03:33 PM

spot on. plus, if he's going with our rival, he ain't supposed to be friendly.

louisvilledawg
02-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Move on from that dude. He could barely put together a cogent sentence.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Gonna be interesting when he's looking for an MSU offer in 2 years.

Probably a poor decision for a non-qualifier to shit where he eats.

GreenheadDawg
02-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Move on from that dude. He could barely put together a cogent sentence.

Yeh I understand he how disrespectful it was but this kid will never see an SEC field so it really doesn't matter. I'm afraid he come to regret this day.

mparkerfd20
02-01-2017, 04:00 PM
What a piece of monkey shit.

Mutt the Hoople
02-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Eh...eh...eh...hold off calling him a shitbird for now. One actually has to enroll in classes and wear a uniform to technically be classified as "shitbird"...and none of that will ever happen...so, sadly, he'll never get to official shitbird status.

Does this mean we get to hate on Northwest Miss. CC?

maroonmania
02-01-2017, 04:44 PM
He was obviously a plant. Whoever put him up to doing that ought to be ashamed of themselves. He's going to have a hard time living in Mississippi and so will AJ Brown.

Pretty stupid move for a guy living in the Golden Triangle.

DawgPoundtheRock
02-01-2017, 04:46 PM
IMO, this show of disrespect was likely orchestrated by Freeze to insult Mullen and the State fan base. From the kid's point of view, if your "future" head coach encourages you to do something like this, you do it.

In order to get qualified, all Reed has to do is retake the ACT in Waynesboro.**

tcdog70
02-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Reed will go down as one of New Hope's great SEC Players****

MarketingBully
02-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Lol, he couldn't even put a sentence together. That was painful to watch.

I_Spy
02-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Only a dork specifically would throw around 'real' chances. I feel sorry for the kid. why make enemies early..
Poor decisions, case in point, look what he chose...

Laugh everybody

Commercecomet24
02-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Jerrell Powe without the talent

Joe Schmedlap
02-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Jerrell Powe without the talent

Zing!

maroonmania
02-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Gonna be interesting when he's looking for an MSU offer in 2 years.

Probably a poor decision for a non-qualifier to shit where he eats.

Especially from a guy living in Columbus.

Dawgology
02-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Bridge burned. Oh well...what a dumbass.

Jack Lambert
02-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Chill with this shit. It happened. It wasn't a good decision on the kid's part. Moving on.

I agree to move but I got a feeling that he was put up to doing it. That's what is bad about it.

notsofarawaydawg
02-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Tae-Kion Reed say .....................

"I kind of went back and forth," said Reed, who recently gave a verbal pledge to MSU. "I am big on family, and I had to figure out where my loyalties were. My loyalties were with (Ole Miss assistant coach) Matt Luke. I had to choose Ole Miss."

Reed said Luke was at his house every day and repeatedly called him and checked on him. Reed said Luke also worked with Pickle and Mrs Vernessa Hayden, a tutorial teacher at the school, to assist him with his grades.

Really Clark?
02-02-2017, 12:15 PM

"I kind of went back and forth," said Reed, who recently gave a verbal pledge to MSU. "I am big on family, and I had to figure out where my loyalties were. My loyalties were with (Ole Miss assistant coach) Matt Luke. I had to choose Ole Miss."

Reed said Luke was at his house every day and repeatedly called him and checked on him. Reed said Luke also worked with Pickle and Mrs Vernessa Hayden, a tutorial teacher at the school, to assist him with his grades.

Reed said Luke was at his house every day? That's a direct quote in an article? Anybody send that to the NCAA yet?

msstate7
02-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Reed said Luke was at his house every day? That's a direct quote in an article? Anybody send that to the NCAA yet?

Wouldn't working with teachers be a violation also?

smootness
02-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Wouldn't working with teachers be a violation also?

Not if he's just getting tutored, which is likely what he meant.

notsofarawaydawg
02-02-2017, 12:47 PM

Yeah, I hate linking this piece of Shix paper but here is is.

http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=55985

RougeDawg
02-02-2017, 12:58 PM

Aren't these violations on the amount of contact a coach and recruit can have? Have they just had another OLinemen admit violations? They may want to start recruiting slight smarter players who know what not to say and to whom.

dawgoneyall
02-02-2017, 01:40 PM

Yes.
And for heavens sake I hope you don't think it is similar situations.

dawgoneyall
02-02-2017, 01:41 PM

Sad.

dawgoneyall
02-02-2017, 01:42 PM

Wrong.

smootness
02-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Wrong.

K.

FISHDAWG
02-02-2017, 01:55 PM

they might not have a schollie available to give out in a couple years

blacklistedbully
02-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Aren't these violations on the amount of contact a coach and recruit can have? Have they just had another OLinemen admit violations? They may want to start recruiting slight smarter players who know what not to say and to whom.

I believe they are limited to 3 off-campus visits for the entire senior season.

Boodawg
02-02-2017, 02:35 PM
I believe they are limited to 3 off-campus visits for the entire senior season.

Reed must've been staying with a friend who lives on campus***

Mutt the Hoople
02-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Really Stupid People up there and their women are whores.
Big difference....whores get paid.

Really Clark?
02-02-2017, 08:32 PM

If he visited more than once in a week, it's a definite violation. If he exceed the number of total off campus visits he had with Reed, that's another violation. Normally accidental improper contact is Level 3 but on purpose and if it was truly everyday, that's at least aggravated Level 2 if I remember correctly.

Really Clark?
02-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Not if he's just getting tutored, which is likely what he meant.

If Luke was there it's a violation. Just going to Reed's school counts as contact. But helping may not mean he was actually there, depends on what he meant with that.