PDA

View Full Version : OL recruiting...

dawg21
09-07-2013, 09:26 PM
We need to be getting OL out of LA whenever possible. Our state only produces maybe one or two good ones each year. Our talent level has increased a lot in the last few years except OL. We need a new strategy.

msstate7
09-07-2013, 09:30 PM
With dj looney at emcc I'm hoping we can lock down them as our farm team if you will. Some really good talent comes thru there. They have 2 good ot's right now

Bully13
09-07-2013, 10:57 PM
can hevesey...that will be a start...he has failed and has had plenty of time to prove himself..he has not..

Todd4State
09-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Actually, maybe Hevesey should stop running off Army All-Americans from South Panola and recruit Mississippi more.

LT- Clausell (Alabama, average at best), Archie Muniz (Tx, career back-up)
LG- Jackson (Mississippi and our best prospect); Justin Senior (Canada, just a freshman and may end up being solid)
C- Day (Louisiana and a very good player), Holley (Mississippi and a career back-up from the JUCO ranks)
RG- Justin Malone (Mississippi- solid player who is now injured, but has a very bright future); Beckwith (Mississippi- walk-on, but a solid player)
RT- Siddoway (California, average at best), Damien Robinson (Mississippi- not living up to hype, but still has a chance to start as a senior)

That doesn't include Tobias Smith from Columbus.

All of that is to say our best guys on the o-line are mainly from Mississippi except for Day who we got because he was undersized and had to do some academic work to get in. And as much of a bust as Robinson is, I'm not so sure he shouldn't be playing more than he is.

Homedawg
09-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Actually, maybe Hevesey should stop running off Army All-Americans from South Panola and recruit Mississippi more.

LT- Clausell (Alabama, average at best), Archie Muniz (Tx, career back-up)
LG- Jackson (Mississippi and our best prospect); Justin Senior (Canada, just a freshman and may end up being solid)
C- Day (Louisiana and a very good player), Holley (Mississippi and a career back-up from the JUCO ranks)
RG- Justin Malone (Mississippi- solid player who is now injured, but has a very bright future); Beckwith (Mississippi- walk-on, but a solid player)
RT- Siddoway (California, average at best), Damien Robinson (Mississippi- not living up to hype, but still has a chance to start as a senior)

That doesn't include Tobias Smith from Columbus.

All of that is to say our best guys on the o-line are mainly from Mississippi except for Day who we got because he was undersized and had to do some academic work to get in. And as much of a bust as Robinson is, I'm not so sure he shouldn't be playing more than he is.

Senior is a tackle. Muniz is a guard just FYI. Not that hev handled the mix situation well at all, however there is way more to the story than just what has appeared here. With that said, we need to get ever guy out of sp we can. But I'm going on record that mix won't be a factor at auburn and wouldn't have been here either.