PDA

View Full Version : Another takeaway from the game that the announcers mentioned a lot.

MetEdDawg
09-07-2013, 09:15 PM
How good to we have to feel about the future of this team? Again, I know it was Alcorn, but we have an insane amount of young talent. Only senior starters are Whitley, Autry, Gabe, Perkins, Siddoway, Swedenberg, and Russell, and we've got viable replacements right now for 4 or 5 of those guys. There were so many freshmen and sophomores whose names were being called today that we have to be pretty excited about what we have coming back the next few years.

Think about what we will have at these positions next year:

DL: PJ Jones, Chris Jones, Quay, Preston Brown, Kaleb Eulls, Ryan Brown
LB: McKinney, Wells, the Brown Bros., Ferlando Bohanna
DBs: Cox, Jiles, Redmond, Arrington, Calhoun, Hughes

QB: Dak, Williams, Staley
RB: Shumpert, Robinson, Milton, Griffin, hopefully Aeris
WR/TE: De'Runnya, Fred Ross, Morrow, RoJo, Malcolm Johnson, Jameon, Brandon Hill, Chappelle,
OL: Day, Clausell, Malone, Robinson, Beckwith

This is a solid team right here guys. And this list doesn't even include some freshmen that could push for PT that really aren't making an impact this year. We are deep, and if you look at this list right here, you really don't see many holes. Might be the most talented starting 22 we will have had in a very long time.

archdog
09-07-2013, 09:23 PM
How good to we have to feel about the future of this team? Again, I know it was Alcorn, but we have an insane amount of young talent. Only senior starters are Whitley, Autry, Gabe, Perkins, Siddoway, Swedenberg, and Russell, and we've got viable replacements right now for 4 or 5 of those guys. There were so many freshmen and sophomores whose names were being called today that we have to be pretty excited about what we have coming back the next few years.

WR/TE: De'Runnya, Fred Ross, Morrow, RoJo, Malcolm Johnson, Jameon, Brandon Hill, Chappelle,

This is a solid team right here guys. And this list doesn't even include some freshmen that could push for PT that really aren't making an impact this year. We are deep, and if you look at this list right here, you really don't see many holes. Might be the most talented starting 22 we will have had in a very long time.

Got to add Graham, Gerri Green, and J Jackson.

DapperDawg
09-07-2013, 09:25 PM
The scary part is that our 2nd unit O-line got very little push against a tired ASU defensive line.

Bo Darville
09-07-2013, 09:26 PM

Don't forget Zack Jackson and Kendrick Market. They are potential starters.

Isn't Beckwith a senior? I'm not sure,

Bo Darville
09-07-2013, 09:28 PM
You are correct. Beckwith is a junior,

DownwardDawg
09-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Before the season started, I looked at the depth chart and said we are gonna be good next year. Real good. I hate to sound like an ole miss fan last year, but next year is our year!! Mississippi Southern picked a bad time to play us.

Rick Danko
09-07-2013, 09:37 PM

QB: Dak, Williams, Staley ****FITZGERALD*****

Fixed that for ya. Don't write him off, he could be a good one as well

messageboardsuperhero
09-07-2013, 09:47 PM
The scary part is that our 2nd unit O-line got very little push against a tired ASU defensive line.

Really? I thought our backup OLs opened up bigger holes in the 4th than our 1st teamers did.

Senior, Desper, and Carter all looked pretty good to me. Clayborne, Flowers, and Thomas are redshirting too, and we'll have some JUCOs coming in. Our OL looks solid for the future, but the main question is will Hevesy still be the coach in a year or two?