PDA

View Full Version : DD Howie - trending back to OM

Big4Dawg
01-31-2017, 08:48 PM
From what people are reporting, seems to be trending back to OM. So for those that don't read the "Recruiting" thread, this is your warning.

GTHOM
01-31-2017, 08:50 PM
Hmmmm amazing how it changes from last night to tonight..........

I seen it dawg
01-31-2017, 08:51 PM
Don't believe the hype

msstate7
01-31-2017, 08:52 PM
We knew better than to get our hopes up. Screw it... go get James Robinson, Mullen

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2017, 08:52 PM
Feels like Tee 2.0

GTHOM
01-31-2017, 08:54 PM
Don't believe the hype

Im with you. I think its 50/50

preachermatt83
He's going to OM. Don't tolt y'all

lamont
OM praying for a hail Mary

msstate7
01-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Feels like Tee 2.0

Chris Jones 2.0... looked like OM had all the momentum down the stretch, but it was no dice. Commitment stood

maroonmania
01-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Im with you. I think its 50/50

Well the Bears are about to get utterly raped by the NCAA. Guess we find out tomorrow how much that really bothers DD.

Commercecomet24
01-31-2017, 08:57 PM
I think it's a toss up. Been interesting that's for sure.

GTHOM
01-31-2017, 08:58 PM
Well the Bears are about to get utterly raped by the NCAA. Guess we find out tomorrow how much that really bothers DD.

I think he's coming to State

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2017, 08:59 PM

Yup. He'll be throwing away any chance of a winning career

BeardoMSU
01-31-2017, 09:03 PM
This is the type of thread that causes normally level-headed state fans, who are now drunk with anger from a pitiful basketball loss, to start tweeting at recruits....Not to mention providing potentially damning message board fodder....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-31-2017, 09:09 PM
From what people are reporting, seems to be trending back to OM. So for those that don't read the "Recruiting" thread, this is your warning.

DD to State.

SDDawg
01-31-2017, 09:09 PM
Dan botches another recruiting cycle?! Looks that way...

Bothrops
01-31-2017, 09:15 PM
Bowie is signing with Ole Miss. We were never gonna get all three of our 3 final guys, hell we may not get two.

msstate7
01-31-2017, 09:17 PM
Bowie is signing with Ole Miss. We were never gonna get all three of our 3 final guys, hell we may not get two.

We'll most likely lose DD and Odom, which will lead to losing heath.

GTHOM
01-31-2017, 09:18 PM

Unacceptable to lose Gay. Honestly I would be okay if he's the only one we get

DeputyDawg94
01-31-2017, 09:19 PM
IF he does go to OM I ain't gonna be upset. He is a bonus if he comes to State because he never seemed interested in us to start with. I do hope we get him tho.

maroonmania
01-31-2017, 09:20 PM

No reason not to get Gay and Odom. We always knew Bowie would be a tough pull when it came down to the end. Without the fact that UNM's program is about to be dismantled by the NCAA and Freeze will not be coaching there probably even as early as this Fall, we would not be in the game with him. If we lose him I'm just more irritated that we didn't meet our needs at WR than I am we didn't get DD.

Big4Dawg
01-31-2017, 09:20 PM
Dan botches another recruiting cycle?! Looks that way...

Holy shit. relax. we have a top 25 class (or close). If we don't flip an OM committ who OM has a huge IN with doesn't mean we "bothced" another class.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-31-2017, 09:34 PM
We gave it a good shot... but Ole Miss has been recruiting him since 8-9 grade...

Commercecomet24
01-31-2017, 09:36 PM
This is the type of thread that causes normally level-headed state fans, who are now drunk with anger from a pitiful basketball loss, to start tweeting at recruits....Not to mention providing potentially damning message board fodder....

Yep. Need to relax until at least 5pm tomorrow. If it goes bad then will be plenty of time for everyone to bitch.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-31-2017, 09:36 PM
Holy shit. relax. we have a top 25 class (or close). because we didn't flip an OM committ who OM has a huge IN with doesn't mean we "bothced" another class.

We didn't flip him? Did I miss signing day?

Bothrops
01-31-2017, 09:37 PM
Holy shit. relax. we have a top 25 class (or close). because we didn't flip an OM committ who OM has a huge IN with doesn't mean we "bothced" another class.

I wouldn't consider our class botched if we don't sign Bowie, but if the situation were reversed and we were headed for the guillotine, there's no way we'd retain him.

Bothrops
01-31-2017, 09:40 PM
Unacceptable to lose Gay. Honestly I would be okay if he's the only one we get

Unacceptable to lose Gay, or Odom. Let's be real here.

lamont
01-31-2017, 09:40 PM
We'll most likely lose DD and Odom, which will lead to losing heath.

I think we sign Odom, Gay, and Bowie

msstate7
01-31-2017, 09:42 PM

This is a weird thread... you're the positive guy and I'm the Debbie downer haha

Big4Dawg

No, but we didn't flip him yet.

maroonmania

People just go bipolar on every swing of momentum and forget that the only decision that matters is the one the recruit makes right before he signs the papers.

maroonmania
01-31-2017, 09:46 PM
We gave it a good shot... but Ole Miss has been recruiting him since 8-9 grade...

So, the Bears could have recruited me since kindergarten and it still wouldn't help them with me knowing the severity of what they are about to face with the NCAA.

Really Clark?
01-31-2017, 09:46 PM
This is a weird thread... you're the positive guy and I'm the Debbie downer haha

Wait...is this the Twilight Zone and now the Gene's Pages of the State message boards. Did Lil Kim slip me some LSD? What is going on here!!!***

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-31-2017, 09:50 PM

Who is reporting this? The same group that all but guaranteed Cam Akers to OM?

klong-dog
01-31-2017, 09:56 PM
Yeah I was thinking, what is this. Had to do a double take.

klong-dog
01-31-2017, 09:58 PM
Who is reporting this? The same group that all but guaranteed Cam Akers to OM?

Paul and Robbie.

BeardoMSU
01-31-2017, 09:59 PM
Holy shit at the melt in this thread. Signing day is tomorrow fellas...how bout we wait and see, eh?

BeardoMSU
01-31-2017, 10:00 PM

Booyah.

msstate7
01-31-2017, 10:02 PM
Holy shit at the melt in this thread. Signing day is tomorrow fellas...how bout we wait and see, eh?

I'm getting my melt on now. To be honest though, howland's no hunt hounds are behind 99% of it, not recruiting

travis
01-31-2017, 10:07 PM
Will Sammon too.

HSVDawg
01-31-2017, 10:15 PM
Feels like Tee 2.0

Tee 2.0? How? Dude was never committed to us nor was he ever decommitted from OM.

Mjoelner34
01-31-2017, 10:16 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/Lgb9p7eXSEcp2/giphy.gif

Bothrops
01-31-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm getting my melt on now. To be honest though, howland's no hunt hounds are behind 99% of it, not recruiting

That game created a dreadful atmosphere within my mind.

Pollodawg
01-31-2017, 10:22 PM
If we do not sign Bowie (and it's still IF), it doesn't hurt this class in the least. Not signing DD is nowhere close to how bad it would have been had we lost, say, a Chris Jones or Jeff Simmons or if Keayton had not committed, or we lost Hill. He's an excellent athlete, and I would love to have him, but he doesn't break this class.

And, besides, in his last podcast, Steve said get ready for all kinds of back and forth.

confucius say
01-31-2017, 10:25 PM
Who the hell is d d howie? At least get his name right if you're going to come with this type of thread.

maroonmania
01-31-2017, 10:26 PM
If we do not sign Bowie (and it's still IF), it doesn't hurt this class in the least. Not signing DD is nowhere close to how bad it would have been had we lost, say, a Chris Jones or Jeff Simmons or if Keayton had not committed, or we lost Hill. He's an excellent athlete, and I would love to have him, but he doesn't break this class.

And, besides, in his last podcast, Steve said get ready for all kinds of back and forth.

Exactly, SR believes we get Gay and Odom but has always said that Bowie was 50/50 to State AT BEST.

Harrydawg
01-31-2017, 10:26 PM

This....if you are melting about possibly not getting DD, you aren't paying attention.

Pollodawg
01-31-2017, 10:29 PM
And kudos to Dan and Co. They've worked their tails off this go around. Breaking it off in OM really seems to energize him every. single. time. Not to mention hiring one of the best DCs in the game right now. Supremely pleased with this off season thus far.

HSVDawg

It hurts a lot if he turns out to be an elite CB. But we don't need as much help at slot WR. So, it's way too early to tell either way. Definitely agree that its not as bad as losing a Chris Jones or Jeff Simmons though.

starkvegasdawg
https://media.giphy.com/media/Lgb9p7eXSEcp2/giphy.gif

Or is this fantasy?

SDDawg
01-31-2017, 10:32 PM

Howland needs to show me something.

BeardoMSU
01-31-2017, 10:38 PM
Tee 2.0? How? Dude was never committed to us nor was he ever decommitted from OM.

Tee was committed to us, but flipped the next day. I think he said something about Freeze staying on the phone with him all night or something creepy like that.

preachermatt83
01-31-2017, 10:39 PM

We ain't getting Bowie

HSVDawg
01-31-2017, 10:41 PM
Tee was committed to us, but flipped the next day. I think he said something about Freeze staying on the phone with him all night or something creepy like that.

I know Tee was committed to us. I was referring to Bowie. Despite whatever talk and skuttle butt has been going around, he has remained committed to OM this entire time. The situations aren't even remotely the same, especially when you consider that Tee Sheppard never even went on an official visit to OM before flipping.

BeardoMSU
01-31-2017, 10:42 PM
I know Tee was committed to us. I was referring to Bowie. Despite whatever talk and skuttle butt has been going around, he has remained committed to OM this entire time. The situations aren't even remotely the same, especially when you consider that Tee Sheppard never even went on an official visit to OM before flipping.

Oh. My B.

SDDawg
01-31-2017, 10:42 PM

Dan needs to show some strain then!

Jack Lambert
01-31-2017, 10:57 PM
I am pretty sure the money flow from those arrogant pricks is still flowing out. Freeze will probably lose his job if they lose Bowie. He will be all in for him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-31-2017, 11:15 PM
I am pretty sure the money flow from those arrogant pricks is still flowing out. Freeze will probably lose his job if they lose Bowie. He will be all in for him.

He losing job either way

maroonmania
01-31-2017, 11:20 PM
He losing job either way

^^This. Pretty valiant of Freeze to even put forth the effort at this point. Whoever he recruits this year he won't be around to coach.

Commercecomet24
01-31-2017, 11:21 PM

+1. And the day ain't over yet either.

Bothrops
02-01-2017, 12:34 AM
Bowie plays right away at WR too.

JohnnyQuid
02-01-2017, 02:26 AM
Howland needs to show me something.

surely you jest

Political Hack
02-01-2017, 08:42 AM
We have a better shot with him this week than we have had at any point in the last year, yet everyone's conceding. He might sign with OM, but the momentum has clearly swung to state. A few short weeks ago we weren't really even in the picture.

Either way, it's a WR. Go get some trench warriors.

BankerDog
02-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Bowie is going to be like Jamoral Graham. He ends up at State though. Cousins Calhoun and Michael Davis will be out other cousins Deuce and Shay.

msstate7
02-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Bowie is going to be like Jamoral Graham. He ends up at State though. Cousins Calhoun and Michael Davis will be out other cousins Deuce and Shay.

He has a talented family

mparkerfd20
02-01-2017, 08:53 AM
surely you jest

No jest. Exactly what the hell has he shown other than he can get some highly rated recruits in? He damn sure can't get them to play defense....yet.

BankerDog
02-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Croom really screwed up Shay's recruitment. We could've had him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-01-2017, 09:33 AM
We have a better shot with him this week than we have had at any point in the last year, yet everyone's conceding. He might sign with OM, but the momentum has clearly swung to state. A few short weeks ago we weren't really even in the picture.

Either way, it's a WR. Go get some trench warriors.

I know for a fact he was all State a week ago per a family member.

smootness
02-01-2017, 10:05 AM
I could not care less where DD Howie goes. I just want Bowie.

Political Hack
02-01-2017, 11:04 AM
I know for a fact he was all State a week ago per a family member.

He's got one family member pushing OM, but I hear he's upset with the coaches there and called them out for lying to him. Pretty gutsy for an 18 year old. Even if he signs with them, you have to respect the kid for standing up for himself like that.

louisvilledawg
02-01-2017, 11:08 AM
He's got one family member pushing OM, but I hear he's upset with the coaches there and called them out for lying to him. Pretty gutsy for an 18 year old. Even if he signs with them, you have to respect the kid for standing up for himself like that.

He's has to be mature with 2 or 3 kids already. Needs a vasectomy, tho.