PDA

View Full Version : MSU Men's basketball and fouls

Dawgology
01-31-2017, 07:46 PM
I'm just tuning in to the game but I see that we, once again, are in foul trouble while our opponent has 2 team fouls at the end of the half. Is there any explanation for this? You can blame the refs if you want to but when it happens...every...single...game you have to consider that it's either a grand conspiracy between all of the refs ever or there is something that this team is doing that is fundamentally wrong.

I don't know enough about basketball so what's the answer here?

smootness
01-31-2017, 07:48 PM
Our young player get undisciplined and lazy too often. We also have a few guys that are still struggling to identify how to play tough without fouling.

starkvegasdawg
01-31-2017, 08:02 PM
We never try to penetrate. We pass it around the perimeter and then jack up a 3.

maroonmania
01-31-2017, 08:32 PM
Well I got home from work and turned it on to watch and we were already down 16 so I just went on to other things. Whatever you need to do to play defense without fouling our team doesn't understand.

BeardoMSU
01-31-2017, 08:41 PM
Our young player get undisciplined and lazy too often. We also have a few guys that are still struggling to identify how to play tough without fouling.

Indeed we ARE undisciplined on defense, but it feels like we never get any benefit of the doubt when on offense, and always get called for the most ticky-tack foul on the other end. It totally takes us out of the game.

confucius say
01-31-2017, 10:17 PM
We don't force the issue offensively and therefore don't draw fouls. We settle for threes bc they are easy to get. On defense, we are lazy and don't move feet. Easier to reach and grab.