PDA

View Full Version : Rick ray

msstate7
01-30-2017, 09:49 PM
Has semo state playing well right now. They're now 6-3 in conference and won 5 of last 6 games. I'm obviously happy we made the change, but I like ray and I pull for him.

BeardoMSU
01-30-2017, 09:55 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/rick-ray-f-u-to-marshall-henderson1.gif?w=1000

msstate7
01-30-2017, 09:57 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/rick-ray-f-u-to-marshall-henderson1.gif?w=1000

That's hilarious

fader2103
01-30-2017, 10:16 PM
I agree. Rick Ray may not have been the right fit for us, but I liked him as a person. I wish him all the luck

Bothrops
01-30-2017, 11:50 PM
I always thought Ray was a good dude, and that gif reminds why.

BayouDawg
01-31-2017, 12:44 AM
Ray atleast had our players in shape. They couldn't make a basket to save their lives but they could make it down the court and back without vomiting on the bench.

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 12:58 AM
Ray atleast had our players in shape. They couldn't make a basket to save their lives but they could make it down the court and back without vomiting on the bench.

What is this supposed to mean?

Gutter Cobreh
01-31-2017, 08:06 AM
That's hilarious

Reminds me of how much I still truly despise Marshall Henderson...

HereComesTheSpiral
01-31-2017, 08:51 AM

Renardo Sidney is fat.

dogshiek
01-31-2017, 09:18 AM
Ray inherited a colossal mess. I appreciate the efforts that his teams gave. Uh, the results not so much.

Howboutdemdogs
01-31-2017, 09:27 AM
I agree, he was not the right fit for us among a crap storm. Got to know Ray, and he is a super nice guy and good person.

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 09:28 AM
Ray inherited a colossal mess. I appreciate the efforts that his teams gave. Uh, the results not so much.

He was in over his head and it was possibly Loafers biggest goof up hiring him. His teams hustled I guess but when you are getting beat by 40+ does it really matter?

lamont
01-31-2017, 10:51 AM
He was in over his head and it was possibly Loafers biggest goof up hiring him. His teams hustled I guess but when you are getting beat by 40+ does it really matter?

He wasn't in over his head. He was told to clean up the mess- he did. The support that Stands got never supported him- but those guys are back on board with Howland. Amazing how our talent level is now back up.

Good luck to RR

lamont
01-31-2017, 10:52 AM
But I absolutely agree that Strick could have hired a better coach. He passed over some good ones to hire Ray. LT type of shitty decision

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 11:12 AM
But I absolutely agree that Strick could have hired a better coach. He passed over some good ones to hire Ray. LT type of shitty decision

We could have had Kermit Davis/Butch Pierre combo (I know this for a fact) and would have not skipped a beat. Davis wanted the job and Pierre would have been his associate head coach. Dumb as shit that Stricklin didn't take that combo.

BayouDawg
01-31-2017, 01:59 PM

Stansbury's last few years our teams always looked bad out of shape. I think Howland has a great conditioning program. The vomiting comment was about when Sidney barfed everywhere against A&M in the Garden. Sorry for the confusion

smootness
01-31-2017, 02:03 PM
Can we all just stop talking about who we could have hired besides Ray? No matter what we could have done, it wouldn't have been better than Ben Howland, so regardless of how we got here, we're better off now.

As others have said, Ray is a great guy and I rooted hard for him to be the answer. He wasn't, and we're now better off for it.

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 02:04 PM
Stansbury's last few years our teams always looked bad out of shape. I think Howland a great conditioning program. The vomiting comment was about when Sidney barfed everywhere against A&M in the Garden. Sorry for the confusion

Ahh, gotcha. Not a problem. Forgot about that situation.

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 02:08 PM
Can we all just stop talking about who we could have hired besides Ray? No matter what we could have done, it wouldn't have been better than Ben Howland, so regardless of how we got here, we're better off now.

As others have said, Ray is a great guy and I rooted hard for him to be the answer. He wasn't, and we're now better off for it.

Can we just stop talking about Ray period? It was an unmitigated disaster he was hired here and will forever be known to me as a self imposed death penalty on our basketball program that has taken a hall of fame coach two years to rebuild. I love we have Howland but Stricklin made the worst hire possible in the history of our athletics when he went with Ray.

Bully13
01-31-2017, 02:13 PM
I like the 17u video. Hope ray does good in the future.

MCsMGs
01-31-2017, 02:34 PM

my thoughts exactly! rep given.

HoopsDawg
01-31-2017, 02:43 PM
my thoughts exactly! rep given.

Ray was our bridges from Stands to Howland. Just like Croom was the bridge from Jackie to Mullen. It just had to happen that way I guess.

smootness
01-31-2017, 02:57 PM
Can we just stop talking about Ray period? It was an unmitigated disaster he was hired here and will forever be known to me as a self imposed death penalty on our basketball program that has taken a hall of fame coach two years to rebuild. I love we have Howland but Stricklin made the worst hire possible in the history of our athletics when he went with Ray.

Sure, but I don't see anything wrong with rooting for his success and making a thread to keep up with him. Had we hired Davis, we would still have Davis. That would be fine, but it wouldn't be as good as Howland. So again, regardless of how we got here, we're here, and things worked out. Let it go.

Reunion Dog
02-01-2017, 01:06 AM

possibly Loafer's goof up? r u 17 kidding me? That loser put our basketball team back 10 years with his firing on Stansbury. Loafer's hiring as AD is on the level of his hiring rick ray...

JohnnyQuid
02-01-2017, 03:17 AM
Ray was our bridges from Stands to Howland. Just like Croom was the bridge from Jackie to Mullen. It just had to happen that way I guess.

the end justified the means after the smoke cleared. I agree. but only out of sheer dumb ass luck and minor miracle falling into our laps.

it didn't "have to happen that way" this isn't the matrix - we chose that path . you disgrace sly Croom comparing him with what ray did to basketball at msu. Howland's first year the team was senior laden and they had to be taught fundamental basketball offense again. we were far worse than the 2nd youngest team in the nation we have now.

I don't wish bad for ray but we owe him nothing in gratitude as fans - if one feels compelled to that's all well and good. he left us far worse than he got us and got paid a lot of money in the process.

forget Rick ray - literally. I hope I can forget he coached a team for our university. what dark days those were