PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss is -4.5 tomorrow night. Predictions?

biggun
01-30-2017, 06:25 PM
In both of our SEC road wins Q & Peters both shot the 3 extremely well while helping us take an early lead which we never relinquished. We not only need to get Q going early by getting him quality looks but also Peters must be aggressive driving and dishing with our Biggs being ready to catch and finish. We must do a better job finishing at the rim than @ Bama where we could not either finish or even catch the pass to finish.

On defense, must defend the pick & roll and block out much better than we did Saturday night. Just no excuse this far into the season for so many defensive breakdowns and put backs.

Going to be very tight, but I see the Dogs pulling it out over what might be a little deflated Rebel team after their near near miss vs Baylor. What say you?

msstate7
01-30-2017, 06:31 PM
If ready doesn't play, I don't think we win. Their 1-3-1 will probably cause a good many TOs for our young team

maroonmania
01-30-2017, 06:34 PM
I am not going to predict us to win at the moment. Since playing KY we have looked bad in 5 of the 6 halves we've played. If you take out Lamar Peters' red hot 3 point shooting in the second half against Mizzou we have just not been a good basketball team lately. And SEC refs seem to hate us for some reason.

Turfdawg67
01-30-2017, 06:38 PM
We win by 7... 83-76

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-30-2017, 07:07 PM
TD67 ain't skird!

MaxedOutMaroon
01-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Herard/Holman will be huge matching up against Saiz. That's where we have to play well to win this game. Obviously, need to shoot well.

archdog
01-30-2017, 07:16 PM
We win by 11.

msbulldog
01-30-2017, 07:31 PM
We win by 7... 83-76

Agree, win. The ticky-tacky fouls that are being called on us has made our guys hesitant in defense. It ain't fair, but look at how our team is playing defense.

Doggie_Style
01-30-2017, 08:12 PM
We will live or die by the three...not a great place to be....I give us a 50-50 chance of winning

MarketingBully
01-30-2017, 10:44 PM
Ole Miss sucks at three point percentage defense which plays to our strength. With the 1-3-1 defense, we will have plenty of open looks. The key will be ready to shoot when we receive the ball. I think we bounce back from a bad performance on Saturday and win by 5. Peters and Q will be key from the perimeter but we will also need for Herard and Holman to get Saiz out of his game early. We are definitely the more talented team. Just need to play our game and be the aggressor.

MarketingBully
01-30-2017, 10:45 PM
If ready doesn't play, I don't think we win. Their 1-3-1 will probably cause a good many TOs for our young team

They are not a good defensive team.

LC Dawg
01-30-2017, 10:57 PM
We need Ready to play. It's going to be a pretty obnoxious crowd and we need our lone senior to keep everything together. I'd love to see Peters light it up early and take the crowd out of it but I'm afraid that if he doesn't he will start pressing and be too out of control.
If Peters plays under control and our big men hit their free throws I say we win.

msstate7
01-30-2017, 11:06 PM
They are not a good defensive team.

I don't think they're good defensively, but they cause TOs. Saturday, Baylor turned it over 17 times vs them and we turned it over 18 vs Bama. No ready will be a problem imo

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 12:21 AM
I don't think they're good defensively, but they cause TOs. Saturday, Baylor turned it over 17 times vs them and we turned it over 18 vs Bama. No ready will be a problem imo

Alabama is a great defensive team. Ole Miss isn't. Peters had 8 of the 18 turnovers. He won't have that type of game tomorrow.

GTHOM
01-31-2017, 01:28 AM
They are dumb AF if they play a 1-3-1 against us. I dont think they will. They dont have the size or physicality Bama or UK has which hurt us. I think we win but its close

biggun
01-31-2017, 02:39 AM
Saiz is a load and they are a pretty good rebounding team so Herard/Holman both must play a ton better than they did @Bama for us to win.

And Peters has to stop picking up quick fouls, especially if Ready is out tomorrow night. The last couple of games Peters has picked up 2 quick fouls in the opening minutes of the game, most of them on reach in's, cannot happen tomorrow night.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-31-2017, 09:59 AM
Ready ruled out for tonight.

jumbo
01-31-2017, 10:08 AM
Lose tonight, win in Starkville.

msstate7
01-31-2017, 10:11 AM
Alabama is a great defensive team. Ole Miss isn't. Peters had 8 of the 18 turnovers. He won't have that type of game tomorrow.

They're #1 in the sec in forced TOs. Bama is 7th FWIW

http://secsports.go.com/statistics/mens-basketball/team/steals/turnovers

If you're talking about overall team defense, then yes, bama is much better. OM is very good at forcing TOs though and we're missing our best ball handler. If we don't turn the ball over, I think we win... easier said than done though

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 10:26 AM
Ready ruled out for tonight.

Dumb to announce that right now. Why not wait until tip to make that announcement?

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 10:27 AM

If you're talking about overall team defense, then yes, bama is much better. OM is very good at forcing TOs though and we're missing our best ball handler. If we don't turn the ball over, I think we win... easier said than done though

I don't think they will force a lot of turnovers from us tonight. I think we will force a lot of turnovers from them. As stated earlier, I think we win by 5.

msstate7
01-31-2017, 10:33 AM
I don't think they will force a lot of turnovers from us tonight. I think we will force a lot of turnovers from them. As stated earlier, I think we win by 5.

Hope you're right.

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 10:36 AM

I think you are looking at that stat wrong. That's the amount of turnovers they have per game.

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 10:38 AM
We have 3 more steals per game then they do so we turn teams over way more then they do.

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 10:40 AM
Yeah, look who is second and third on that list. A&M and LSU. You read those stats wrong. Ole Miss leads the league in turnovers.

msstate7
01-31-2017, 10:44 AM
I think you are looking at that stat wrong. That's the amount of turnovers they have per game.

Think you're right. I clicked defensive stats, but apparently they grouped offensive TOs in there too. My bad

BB30
01-31-2017, 10:48 AM
Hoping we win will be a tough one though. Our youngsters have to settle down and not let moments get too big. We have to stop forcing things when they aren't there on a run or trying to stop a run. The end of the Bama game was atrocious.

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 10:48 AM
Think you're right. I clicked defensive stats, but apparently they grouped offensive TOs in there too. My bad

No worries, easy to do. It will be a tough game but I think Peters will rise to the challenge tonight and he and Q lead us to a victory in Oxford.

shannondawg
01-31-2017, 10:50 AM
Last years game, was the only really good game Malik had all year imo.

msstate7
01-31-2017, 11:24 AM
No worries, easy to do. It will be a tough game but I think Peters will rise to the challenge tonight and he and Q lead us to a victory in Oxford.

Them leading the sec in TOs makes me feel much better

preachermatt83
01-31-2017, 11:30 AM
We lose by 8

biggun
01-31-2017, 01:30 PM
I see Kennedy extending their 1-3-1 defense when Peters is out plus very aggressively trapping and attacking Carter if we have him playing point.

smootness
01-31-2017, 01:33 PM
We're about due for an upswing. I say we win reasonably comfortably.

Gutter Cobreh
01-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Where is Ari when you need him??? Anyone posting we lose tonight should be added to the list immediately!!

While I admire a level-head in analyzing the strengths and weaknesses between the teams, we're playing Ole Freaking Miss!!! It should be hardwired that even if we're down to only 3 starters and no one on the bench, we still believe we're going to pull out the victory!!!

smootness
01-31-2017, 01:46 PM
It should be hardwired that even if we're down to only 3 starters and no one on the bench, we still believe we're going to pull out the victory!!!

Technically, that would be a forfeit and the automatic L.

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 01:55 PM
I see Kennedy extending their 1-3-1 defense when Peters is out plus very aggressively trapping and attacking Carter if we have him playing point.

I see them fouling a shit load too. Carter doesn't turn the ball over much either. They will also give up wide open shots in that defense. The key will be making wide open shots when they scramble to try to recover.

MarketingBully
01-31-2017, 01:57 PM
We're about due for an upswing. I say we win reasonably comfortably.

I think we win by five. I think this game will be similar to the game at Arkansas.

Gutter Cobreh
01-31-2017, 02:21 PM
Technically, that would be a forfeit and the automatic L.

Nothing in your response tells me that I still shouldn't believe that we can't win....