PDA

View Full Version : James Robinson

msstate7
01-30-2017, 05:20 PM
4* wr that got busted with weed at Ohio state visit won't be allowed to sign at Florida. Should we? How long before om and auburn start getting CBs?

notoriousdog
01-30-2017, 05:23 PM
We won't, but we should. Minor weed offense? Ain't no thang.

Reason2succeed
01-30-2017, 05:27 PM
He should go to Colorado.***

archdog
01-30-2017, 05:31 PM
4* wr that got busted with weed at Ohio state visit won't be allowed to sign at Florida. Should we? How long before om and auburn start getting CBs?

Yes we should. Bama had guys carrying guns in LA last year. Weed aint crap.

JoseBrown
01-30-2017, 05:32 PM

A stolen gun at that...

Doggie_Style
01-30-2017, 05:35 PM

Look that kind of thing is "Michael Vick" stupid, not smoking a little reefer but doing it on a freakin crootin trip.......we don't need those kind of probs

RocketDawg
01-30-2017, 05:35 PM

No we should not sign him. He's demonstrated that he won't follow the rules.

Jack Lambert
01-30-2017, 05:40 PM
Freeze would sign him just to prove how much of a christian that he is.

maroonmania
01-30-2017, 05:45 PM
Yes, I'm sure he was only using it for medicinal purposes.**

HoopsDawg
01-30-2017, 05:54 PM

He deserves a 2nd chance. Heck yeah we should sign him. Weed is from the earth.

Bothrops
01-30-2017, 05:56 PM
He may deserve a second chance, but it's too soon, and I don't want to be like OM.

travis
01-30-2017, 06:19 PM

Who at Ole Miss is going to throw it to him? I bet Shea peace-outs after the second NOA comes down and he realizes 3/4's of his career will be without a bowl trip.

Johnson85
01-30-2017, 06:31 PM

Not enough info. We should definitely be trying to find out if he's a problem kid or not if he'd be interested.

I do think we have less room to take risks right now. With all the JUCOs we're bringing in, not sure if we have the established leadership right now to take guys that could go either way and have it turn out well.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-30-2017, 06:32 PM
This isn't his 1st incident hard sell

msstate7
01-30-2017, 06:47 PM
I see he has a CB to FIU now. If I'm kiffin and already took Johnson, I'd go after Robinson too. Johnson to Robinson could be a combo that could parlay kiffin to a bigger job quickly... of course, it could ruin kiffin too

msbulldog
01-30-2017, 06:49 PM

They definitely had weed too.

I seen it dawg
01-30-2017, 07:47 PM
Sounds like he's a total ****ing moron

Doggie_Style
01-30-2017, 08:04 PM
He deserves a 2nd chance. Heck yeah we should sign him. Weed is from the earth.

so is opium and alot of other bad shi#

HoopsDawg
01-30-2017, 08:57 PM
UF fans are pissed. They want to offer him. We need a WR. I think we are dumb to not at least reach out and talk to him. Randy Moss had issues too and so did Percy Harvin.

msstate7
01-30-2017, 09:00 PM
UF fans are pissed. They want to offer him. We need a WR. I think we are dumb to not at least reach out and talk to him. Randy Moss had issues too and so did Percy Harvin.

Marshall and FIU are his CBs today. I feel pretty sure we could get him

Todd4State
01-30-2017, 09:06 PM

I disagree. We are already almost full with our class and as of now at least we still have Malik Heath committed and Keytaeon working on bringing in his teammate for the 2018 class who is a four star himself. Not to mention Austin Williams is very underrated and played at a Wing-T old school offense but tore it up at the Army AA Combine.

msstate7
01-30-2017, 09:11 PM
I disagree. We are already almost full with our class and as of now at least we still have Malik Heath committed and Keytaeon working on bringing in his teammate for the 2018 class who is a four star himself. Not to mention Austin Williams is very underrated and played at a Wing-T old school offense but tore it up at the Army AA Combine.

I don't know enough of the details pertaining to Robinson to make a decision on whether to take him or not. That said, he'd be the most talented wr day 1 on our roster if we did

HoopsDawg
01-30-2017, 09:11 PM

We've got 1 WR in this class and some think he is more of a TE. Robinson is the kind of guy we can't get under normal circumstances. This weed problem opens up the door. I would put T-Buck on it for an all night phone call ala Tee Shepard. If he doesn't do what he's supposed to do, just release him.

Todd4State
01-30-2017, 09:20 PM
We've got 1 WR in this class and some think he is more of a TE. Robinson is the kind of guy we can't get under normal circumstances. This weed problem opens up the door. I would put T-Buck on it for an all night phone call ala Tee Shepard. If he doesn't do what he's supposed to do, just release him.

The way I look at it Heath and Key's teammate won't redshirt as freshmen if I had to guess, so I kind of consider them part of this class in a way. Both are four star guys and they don't have the character issues plus getting this guy would take up a spot on the depth chart which might affect the Heath and Davonta's recruitment with us. If we get those two and add them to Bowie in the slot (assuming we get him as expected) and Williams (assuming he moves to TE) that's a pretty sick WR/TE group to go with Keytaeon and Hill. I hope this guy gets his act together for his sake and I hope he makes the most of whatever second chance he gets- but in the meantime this guy has a pattern of getting in trouble and I would rather avoid that especially given the fact that we have a good chance to get some guys that are comparable talent wise without the issues.

It would be like being given the choice between hiring two workers with the same resume' but one has a prison record. Companies are going to more than likely hire the one with the clean record.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2017, 09:50 PM

Has even been on our campus? Have the coaches kept connection with him?

blacklistedbully
01-30-2017, 09:51 PM
Freeze would sign him just to prove how much of a christian that he is.

Good one!

msstate7
01-30-2017, 09:52 PM
Has even been on our campus? Have the coaches kept connection with him?

I feel pretty safe saying he's never seen marshall's campus, but that's where he got CB'd earlier

Ifyouonlyknew
01-30-2017, 10:26 PM
I'll be surprised if any Power 5 program offers. Kid has had red flags his whole recruitment. This just may be the final straw for Power 5 programs.

ZedFedder
01-30-2017, 11:24 PM
On a side note, how confident are we that we can get 2018 wr Devonta Jason from Landry Walker?

Big4Dawg
01-30-2017, 11:32 PM
On a side note, how confident are we that we can get 2018 wr Devonta Jason from Landry Walker?

He'll have a lot of offers. We'll have to battle. I would def not say we are the favorites

Todd4State
01-31-2017, 01:39 AM

Too soon to know but I am encouraged that he was committed to LSU and then de-committed this year. It may not mean anything in long run but I think LSU is at least going to have to recruit him.

MabenMaroon
01-31-2017, 04:15 AM
Whop!

msstate7
01-31-2017, 08:13 AM
If I were Mullen, I'd reach out to Robinson and see if he'll visit after signing day. Give us a little time to check into him. If Robinson is indeed looking at FIU and Marshall now, he shouldn't have a problem holding off signing a few weeks

BB30
01-31-2017, 09:05 AM
I wonder if OSU kicked the 4-5 other buckeyes that were with him at the party off as well?