PDA

View Full Version : Have a laugh at this gem of an article by Andy Staples on OM's 2013 signing class...

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 02:06 PM
How Ole Miss landed it's historic recruiting class (http://www.si.com/college-football/2013/02/07/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-signing-day)

The article is from February 7th, 2013. Here are some of the Highlights:

-As he sat at the great round table planted in the middle of his octagonal War Room on the eve of a shockingly successful National Signing Day, Hugh Freeze raised his hand above his eyes to indicate a level. When he gets excited or agitated, Freeze can thunder like a revival preacher at full throat. The rumors certainly had him agitated. "I'm so irritated right now, so forgive me," the Ole Miss football coach said. "I've taken it about up to here with all the media and the Twitters and everybody."
Angry Beaver!

-The outside assumption? If an SEC program that won one conference game in two years before Freeze showed up can suddenly draw some of the best players in the country, it must be cheating. Heck, when the job was open following the firing of Houston Nutt, some snarky writer applied for the job and penned a mock cover letter that suggested a coach could win consistently at Ole Miss only by shattering all of the NCAA's rules. Who was that writer? Me.
Spot on there, Mr. Staples.

-Freeze flatly denies any NCAA malfeasance. He insists he and his staff had a plan and executed it with the aid of some good fortune. In fact, it wasn't so much of a plan as an all-in recruiting gamble.
#ALLIN #LIAR

-On Wednesday, ESPN analysts talked so much about the Rebels that athletic director Ross Bjork called the day "a 12-hour commercial for Ole Miss football." Even LeBron James noticed, and when he did, Ole Miss assistants gathered around the War Room round table screamed "Retweet!" in unison.

http://i63.tinypic.com/dxzb0x.jpg

-Freeze swears all those who whisper of wrongdoing are liars. "They have no clue that there's a plan -- and we have some luck," Freeze said. "I say it's God's favor, we had a really good plan, we're selling a really good vision and we have some luck."
So basically he swears that anyone that questions him is a liar, while he is lying... Also, apparently God and luck helped them land all those 5 stars.

-Ole Miss probably doesn't sign Nkemdiche, a 6-5, 260-pounder from Loganville, Ga., if Grayson High coach Mickey Conn hadn't pitched former Ole Miss offensive line coach Mike Markuson on a ball-hawking safety with a few academic issues in 2010. The player was Denzel Nkemdiche, the son of Nigerian immigrants. Other SEC programs had shied away because of his size and the strong probability that his next step after graduation would be junior college. Nutt's staff pursued Denzel anyway, and the persistence paid off. More than four months after National Signing Day 2011, Denzel learned he had made a qualifying score on the SAT. He signed scholarship papers with Ole Miss.
Hmmm.... I wonder how he magically got a qualifying SAT score 4 months after signing day? Our boy David Saunders was there until late Decemeber of 2010.

-Usually, the Champion is mama. "Regardless of what anyone says," McGriff said, "a kid is never going to disappoint his mother." This would become a theme in the pursuit of the class of 2013, and it would be absolutely crucial in the pursuit of Treadwell.
I wonder why momma Treadwell wanted her son to go to a 7-6 school 10 hours away?

-During their attempts to flip him, Ole Miss coaches had won over (Chris) Jones and his father. His mother remained steadfastly in Mississippi State's camp. Freeze entered the War Room shaking his head. "Chris Jones?" Freeze said. "Mom's going to win that deal." Once again, Wes McGriff's prophecy proved true. In most recruitments, mama is the Champion.
I wonder why daddy wanted Chris to go to OM?

-Athletic director Bjork had watched the Nkemdiche announcement with his coaches. Shortly after, he stood to leave. "Time to go raise some money," Bjork said. "We just made your job easier," (Barney) Farrar quipped.
Such an ironic exchange there, because actually they made Bjork's job a lot harder, and cost Barney his.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2017, 02:12 PM
Him saying it was God's favor for them to have a great recruiting class knowing they were cheating....This guy is right up there with false prophets, Kenneth Copeland and Joel Olsteen.

WSOPdawg
01-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Freeze from 2013: "I say it's God's favor, we had a really good plan, we're selling a really good vision and we have some luck."

So in January 2017, where are all those national media members who in 2013 were basically putting wind in Freeze's sail for being such a great recruiter? Why are they not asking him about his 2017 vision and is this vision NOT really good in the current recruiting cycle? Do you (Freeze) NOT have a really good plan for 2017?

Your (Freeze's) lack of success in 2017 compared to his recruiting greatness in 2013 - 2016 (after all , he's John Calipari and Woody Hayes and John Wooden and Nick Saban all rolled into one) doesn't make sense, unless... YOU'RE CHEATING YOUR ASSES OFF!!!

Again I ask, where's the national media at present?

BeardoMSU
01-30-2017, 02:27 PM
Him saying it was God's favor for them to have a great recruiting class knowing they were cheating....This guy is right up there with false prophets, Kenneth Copeland and Joel Olsteen.

Yep. Pretty sad.

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 02:35 PM
Freeze from 2013: "I say it's God's favor, we had a really good plan, we're selling a really good vision and we have some luck."

So in January 2017, where are all those national media members who in 2013 were basically putting wind in Freeze's sail for being such a great recruiter? Why are they not asking him about his 2017 vision and is this vision NOT really good in the current recruiting cycle? Do you (Freeze) NOT have a really good plan for 2017?

Your (Freeze's) lack of success in 2017 compared to his recruiting greatness in 2013 - 2016 (after all , he's John Calipari and Woody Hayes and John Wooden and Nick Saban all rolled into one) doesn't make sense, unless... YOU'RE CHEATING YOUR ASSES OFF!!!

Looks like ole Hugh has run out of luck and favors from God. It's funny how God chose to quit giving Freeze favors the same year that Freeze ran out of #Network funds, that's unlucky.

shoeless joe
01-30-2017, 02:37 PM

Eh, their response would simply be that the cloud of the investigation has caused kids to shy away. They would never admit that the lack of funds is in any way responsible for their slip.

WSOPdawg
01-30-2017, 02:42 PM
Looks like ole Hugh has run out of luck and favors from God. It's funny how God chose to quit giving Freeze favors the same year that Freeze ran out of #Network funds, that's unlucky.

Yup, this is exactly why part of me is ready for the COI to mete out the punishment (so that the rest of the nation can see EXACTLY what ole Hugh and his network have been up to, and to rub their administration's face in the pile of BS they've been spewing for years).

The other part of me wants this to drag on a while so as to weigh on the minds of their fan base with not knowing the ramifications of their cheating ways.

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 02:49 PM

We can actually thank the national media for articles like this. It was all the exposure they got that made people start wondering. The national spotlight also brought scrutiny to the Ole Miss football program, which was the eventual end for them. If they had just not been so blatant, going for and getting the #1 recruit at 3 different positions, I'd bet the investigation would be over at this point. If they had just shot for a solid top 15-20 class every year, they could've cheated and got away with it. Them boys were just too obsessed with stars to slow down. I still can't believe they went balls deep and signed a top 5 class in 2016 just a week after knowledge of the first NOA went public. That greed is gonna be the nail in the coffin.

GTHOM
01-30-2017, 02:53 PM
I wish I could be deadass wrong time and time again and still be considered an ''expert'' at my job

BeardoMSU
01-30-2017, 02:55 PM
A friend of mine just forwarded me an SDS article blaming the NCAA for OM's recruiting woes this year. ****ing hilarious.

starkvegasdawg
01-30-2017, 02:57 PM
Maybe God's favor was sending the rain and sun on the grove to make it so irresistibly beautiful. Now the devil must have sent in an invasion of pine beetles.

Reason2succeed
01-30-2017, 03:04 PM

Hugh Freeze should start selling miracle water from the fountain in Oxford Square. Those bafoons up there would buy it.

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 03:13 PM
A friend of mine just forwarded me an SDS article blaming the NCAA for OM's recruiting woes this year. ****ing hilarious.

What happened? NCAA scandal wrecks Rebels' chance of building elite recruiting class (http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/how-ncaa-investigation-helped-wreck-rebels-recruiting-class/)

In summary, Brandon Speck interviews David Johnson, who goes on to list all the 4 stars and 5 stars they would've gotten "without the NCAA camped out in Oxford".

They still don't understand that the NCAA is camped out, because of all the 4 and 5 stars the got. Don't cheat, don't get 4 and 5 stars you not supposed to get, don't have the NCAA camped out in town. That mean ole NCAA, why can't they just let Ole Miss recruit like the top 5 program that they are?**

BeardoMSU
01-30-2017, 03:16 PM
What happened? NCAA scandal wrecks Rebels' chance of building elite recruiting class (http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/how-ncaa-investigation-helped-wreck-rebels-recruiting-class/)

In summary, Brandon Speck interviews David Johnson, who goes on to list all the 4 stars and 5 stars they would've gotten "without the NCAA camped out in Oxford".

They still don't understand that the NCAA is camped out, because of all the 4 and 5 stars the got. Don't cheat, don't get 4 and 5 stars you not supposed to get, don't have the NCAA camped out in town. That mean ole NCAA, why can't they just let Ole Miss recruit like the top 5 program that they are?**

I thought that was odd too...as if OM would've no doubt ran the table on all those recruits.

PassInterference
01-30-2017, 03:19 PM

THIS THIS THIS. All day every day. THIS!

Reason2succeed
01-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Here's a couple of bible verses for Rev. Freeze to preach.

Judges 6:28 And when the men of the city (Oxford) arose early in the morning, behold, the altar of Baal (VHS) was cast down, and the grove was cut down that was by it, and the second (NOA) bullock was offered upon the altar that was built.

2nd Kings 23:7 And he (Emmert) brake down the houses of the sodomites, (Stringfellow and Yancy) that were by the house of the Lord, where the women wove hangings for the grove.

PassInterference
01-30-2017, 03:20 PM

That article was written by Brandon Speck, who is a rebel and wanna be journalist. He once made up a juicy recruiting rumor just so he could ask a recruit about it and write an article on it.

sleepy dawg
01-30-2017, 03:21 PM
If there's ever been a case for modifying the "rep" limit, it's devious dog. Every thread he creates I need to give him rep points, but I never can.

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 03:26 PM
Here's a couple of bible verses for Rev. Freeze to preach.

Judges 6:28 And when the men of the city (Oxford) arose early in the morning, behold, the altar of Baal (VHS) was cast down, and the grove was cut down that was by it, and the second (NOA) bullock was offered upon the altar that was built.

2nd Kings 23:7 And he (Emmert) brake down the houses of the sodomites, (Stringfellow and Yancy) that were by the house of the Lord, where the women wove hangings for the grove.

How could you leave out butt plug Hartsfield?

Ari Gold
01-30-2017, 03:29 PM
They are so ****ed. And not the way normal people like to get ****ed, but the way Shepard Smith likes to get ****ed.

Mjoelner34
01-30-2017, 03:41 PM
How Ole Miss landed it's historic recruiting class (http://www.si.com/college-football/2013/02/07/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-signing-day)

The article is from February 7th, 2013. Here are some of the Highlights:

-Usually, the Champion is mama. "Regardless of what anyone says," McGriff said, "a kid is never going to disappoint his mother." This would become a theme in the pursuit of the class of 2013, and it would be absolutely crucial in the pursuit of Treadwell.
I wonder why momma Treadwell wanted her son to go to a 7-6 school 10 hours away?

Did somebody say mama?
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/2/22/2816287/college-football-recruiting-davonte-neal

"What happens when a kid is undecided between Texas A&M and Ole Miss? In the case of four-star Louisiana cornerback Raven, his mother forged his signature and faxed it to Ole Miss.
.... Raven ended up at A&M after faxing a real letter later in the day."

LockeDawg
01-30-2017, 03:47 PM

They still don't understand that the NCAA is camped out, because of all the 4 and 5 stars the got. Don't cheat, don't get 4 and 5 stars you not supposed to get, don't have the NCAA camped out in town. That mean ole NCAA, why can't they just let Ole Miss recruit like the top 5 program that they are?**Ehh, the OM folks and state media tried desperately to quash the investigation as they literally made up crap to pull the attention away from the football program. Then after that NOA was released and it showed they were all lying things went into the crapper.

No recruits worth a damn will take a chance signing with them if they get equal or better offers.

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 03:55 PM
Did somebody say mama?
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/2/22/2816287/college-football-recruiting-davonte-neal

"What happens when a kid is undecided between Texas A&M and Ole Miss? In the case of four-star Louisiana cornerback Raven, his mother forged his signature and faxed it to Ole Miss.

Only Ole Miss could have this happen on two completely separate occasions.

Ole Miss releases Law from Letter of Intent after fiasco (http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/florida-recruit-signs-with-ole-miss-and-utah-020614)

All these parents seem so eager for their kids to sign with Ole Miss, I wonder why?

This was DJ Law who ended up starring on the first season of Last Chance U. Seemed like a pretty good dude, I was pulling for him. Ended up at UAB.

Reason2succeed
01-30-2017, 05:03 PM

That's who I meant. My apologies to Stringfellow. I mistook a woman beater for a butt plugger.***

Turfdawg67
01-30-2017, 05:19 PM
If there's ever been a case for modifying the "rep" limit, it's devious dog. Every thread he creates I need to give him rep points, but I never can.

I'll give him some for ya!

Turfdawg67
01-30-2017, 05:24 PM
Did somebody say mama?

Where ya been? I've missed that NCAA tsunami gif!

Can you imagine that conversation? "I don't care how much money they gave you ma! I'm going to A&M!"

JoseBrown
01-30-2017, 05:49 PM

Ole Stinky Finger...haha

WSOPdawg
01-30-2017, 05:57 PM
They are so ****ed. And not the way normal people like to get ****ed, but the way Shepard Smith likes to get ****ed.

This made me laugh!!!

lastmajordog
01-30-2017, 05:58 PM

lamont
01-30-2017, 06:26 PM
nice job DD34

Todd4State
01-30-2017, 06:39 PM
I like how Freeze read some lines from Tony Dungy's book. Ole Miss loves them some Tony Dungy.

And I have to wonder if Kane Wommack's "Moneyball" nickname has a double meaning.