PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy, what if...

Turfdawg67
01-30-2017, 10:42 AM
... the NCAA hadn't been camped out at UM for the past several years and the money was still flowing in Oxford. (And that campus was still beautiful) What would UM's and consequently our recruiting look like today?

Safe to say you could add Gay, Bowie, Akers, Odom, Oliver & Reed to their list, as well as some 5* from Ohio that just loved the "message" Freezus was giving. That'd be another Top 10 crootin' class for the Reverend Beaver... and of course one more foot out the door for Mullen due to his lack of ability to recruit.**

Nice to have a more level playing field in 2017! Thank you NCAA and thank you Network for your egregious cheating that got you busted!

TNDawg35
01-30-2017, 11:13 AM
What amazes me is that anything you read from them up north is all about how great a recruiter HF is. They cant seem to understand the only reason he was a great recruiter was because of the massive cheating going on. Hell, if I had bags full of money, plenty of hoes lined up to whatever a recruit wanted, and of course the most beautiful campus in the country** I would be a bad ass recruiter also. Yet, they seem to think that this is all due to the NCAA hurting them because they beat Bama 2 times. No you Twat Muffins, its because you were cheating your ass off and now you cant...

Leeshouldveflanked
01-30-2017, 11:14 AM
So far we have failed to take advantage of Ole Miss' NCAA Woes.... the ones who have are out of state Schools....LSU, Louisville, Fla State...etc.

Cooterpoot
01-30-2017, 11:19 AM
So far we have failed to take advantage of Ole Miss' NCAA Woes.... the ones who have are out of state Schools....LSU, Louisville, Fla State...etc.

Name the guys we missed on. You can exclude Akers, because we had no shot at him regardless of circumstances. The rest weren't that great or weren't wanted. I'm assuming we get Odom.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2017, 11:22 AM

Give it time. We are still on the tip of the iceberg. We'll have several years to capitalize on their NCAA woes.

SDDawg
01-30-2017, 11:25 AM
HF is a "glad-hander", but not a good recruiter. His bagmen have been the real recruiters.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2017, 11:55 AM
Name the guys we missed on. You can exclude Akers, because we had no shot at him regardless of circumstances. The rest weren't that great or weren't wanted. I'm assuming we get Odom.

Avery is one. You can downplay him all you want, call him a "tweener", whatever....but there is no doubt we wanted him. We wanted Oliver. We wanted about 500 OL that we missed on. I could go on.

Don't act like we got everyone we wanted. That's absurd. There were many misses. BUT, we still have a decent class. Glad we have the Juco's or it coulda been bad

Cooterpoot
01-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Avery is one. You can downplay him all you want, call him a "tweener", whatever....but there is no doubt we wanted him. We wanted Oliver. We wanted about 500 OL that we missed on. I could go on.

Don't act like we got everyone we wanted. That's absurd. There were many misses. BUT, we still have a decent class. Glad we have the Juco's or it coulda been bad

We let both Avery and Oliver walk. We told them their situations and they decided to go other places. Plain and simple. And we're just talking in-state here. But the only half decent OL in-state we didn't get was Charles. Yes, we would've taken him. But he's more of what we normally sign. I saw him several times and he was very average. This was one of the thinnest classes in MS in a long time.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2017, 12:21 PM
We let both Avery and Oliver walk. We told them their situations and they decided to go other places. Plain and simple. And we're just talking in-state here. But the only half decent OL in-state we didn't get was Charles. Yes, we would've taken him. But he's more of what we normally sign. I saw him several times and he was very average. This was one of the thinnest classes in MS in a long time.

You're insane if you believe that.

So we just "targeted" a bunch of <3 star OL? Lol.

If Avery picked up the State hat Mullen would have run into the screen and said "No, no...you don't have an offer son."? Haha. Why, so we could scramble for the Houston kid from Florida? Didn't have room... That it? Haha

Shirley you aren't being serious

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 12:27 PM
The Mommas just aren't that impressed anymore. For some reason, in just one year, Oxford seems to have lost it's charm.

2016:

-4* CB Tre Nixon on his mother's thoughts about the Ole Miss visit:

"She loved it. She gave it a thumbs up," Nixon said.
-5* OT Greg Little's mother on her son and Ole Miss:

?Greg has been impressed with Ole Miss since his visit,? his mother, Terry Lacy-Little, told USA TODAY High School Sports. ?He waited to see if any of the other schools measured up, and while they were great schools, he didn?t get the same feeling he got at Ole Miss."
-5* OT Rashan Gary's mother on Ole Miss:

Gary, the nation?s No. 1 recruit from Paramus Catholic High School (N.J.), took an official visit to Ole Miss this weekend. He and his mother, Jennifer Coney, walked away impressed.
?People were very warm and very welcoming. Just down to earth, good-hearted people,? she said. ?That?s what I found.?
"No one offered us money, not at Ole Miss anyways. We were offered money, but not from Ole Miss. I'm close with Terry Little (Greg's mother) and no one offered Greg money, no one did. No one offered money for Rashan to commit, not from Ole Miss."
When asked in an interview who did offer money: "There were some, but I can't say. Definitely not Ole Miss. There's crud out there, and I've seen some crud, but the University of Michigan was pure love, and that's where we are, and we're proud to be there, but no one ever offered us anything at Ole Miss."

Fastforward one year to 2017:

-Baylor OT commit Khalil Keith's mother on their official visit to Ole Miss last weekend:

"I wasn't impressed. I know it's the SEC and everybody is saying it's a great opportunity," Kyrel Keith said. "But when your heart is in one place, it's just what it is. Baylor did everything right. The academics were on point, the staff was excellent. I just feel like that's where he should be."

Keep in mind, this is someone that is committed to Rape U. On Saturday a law suit was filed against Baylor's football team containing allegations of 52 rapes by players over the last 4 years. Then on Sunday, she isn't impressed with the Ole Miss visit and says that Baylor did everything right and that's where she feels her son should be. Sounds to me like she was told that if you take an official visit to Ole Miss you walk away with a bag of cash. Unfortunately, Ole Miss had to say no to the money, thus the mother came away unimpressed. If it's this time last year, I would bet that Keith's mother would have loved the visit and he already would've flipped.

Really Clark?
01-30-2017, 12:28 PM

If Avery picked up the State hat Mullen would have run into the screen and said "No, no...you don't have an offer son."? Haha. Why, so we could scramble for the Houston kid from Florida? Didn't have room... That it? Haha

Houston kid still doesn't have an offer though and is a totally different position than Avery or Oliver for that matter. Ath/CB/WR/Energency QB, etc. To be honest I really like his speed and quickness and would try to find a place for him if we could.

Saltydog
01-30-2017, 12:32 PM
NT

Todd4State
01-30-2017, 12:41 PM

Sirmon doesn't seem to have a problem with Avery being in Louisville's class right now.

thf24
01-30-2017, 12:43 PM

Just because you let a guy go doesn't mean you pulled his offer. I think it's reasonable to conclude that we wanted him and would have taken him on our terms, but not badly enough to roll out the red carpet for him.

Todd4State
01-30-2017, 12:44 PM
The Mommas just aren't that impressed anymore. For some reason, in just one year, Oxford seems to have lost it's charm.

2016:

-4* CB Tre Nixon on his mother's thoughts about the Ole Miss visit:

"She loved it. She gave it a thumbs up," Nixon said.
-5* OT Greg Little's mother on her son and Ole Miss:

?Greg has been impressed with Ole Miss since his visit,? his mother, Terry Lacy-Little, told USA TODAY High School Sports. ?He waited to see if any of the other schools measured up, and while they were great schools, he didn?t get the same feeling he got at Ole Miss."
-5* OT Rashan Gary's mother on Ole Miss:

Gary, the nation?s No. 1 recruit from Paramus Catholic High School (N.J.), took an official visit to Ole Miss this weekend. He and his mother, Jennifer Coney, walked away impressed.
?People were very warm and very welcoming. Just down to earth, good-hearted people,? she said. ?That?s what I found.?
"No one offered us money, not at Ole Miss anyways. We were offered money, but not from Ole Miss. I'm close with Terry Little (Greg's mother) and no one offered Greg money, no one did. No one offered money for Rashan to commit, not from Ole Miss."
When asked in an interview who did offer money: "There were some, but I can't say. Definitely not Ole Miss. There's crud out there, and I've seen some crud, but the University of Michigan was pure love, and that's where we are, and we're proud to be there, but no one ever offered us anything at Ole Miss."

Fastforward one year to 2017:

-Baylor OT commit Khalil Keith's mother on their official visit to Ole Miss last weekend:

"I wasn't impressed. I know it's the SEC and everybody is saying it's a great opportunity," Kyrel Keith said. "But when your heart is in one place, it's just what it is. Baylor did everything right. The academics were on point, the staff was excellent. I just feel like that's where he should be."

Keep in mind, this is someone that is committed to Rape U. On Saturday a law suit was filed against Baylor's football team containing allegations of 52 rapes by players over the last 4 years. Then on Sunday, she isn't impressed with the Ole Miss visit and says that Baylor did everything right and that's where she feels her son should be. Sounds to me like she was told that if you take an official visit to Ole Miss you walk away with a bag of cash. Unfortunately, Ole Miss had to say no to the money, thus the mother came away unimpressed. If it's this time last year, I would bet that Keith's mother would have loved the visit and he already would've flipped.

Who asks in a recruting interview of a player was offered money? Lol.

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 01:07 PM

http://www.chatsports.com/mississippi-rebels/a/exclusive-1-recruit-rashan-garys-mother-jennifer-coney-addresses-ole-miss-recruiting-tactics-28587

Covercorner2
01-30-2017, 01:21 PM
Sirmon doesn't seem to have a problem with Avery being in Louisville's class right now.

Louisville didn't sign Jonathan Abram

Cooterpoot
01-30-2017, 01:25 PM

Sirmon's no longer our DC. Not a coincidence...

Cooterpoot
01-30-2017, 01:30 PM

Mullen told him the same thing he told Oliver and the same thing he told Hunt. Had we pushed hard to keep him, we probably would be signing him. The fact is, when we got the juco guys and knew Sirmon was history, we didn't need those guys. And I was a Hunt supporter. I thought he was the kind of kid that could play in a couple of years. But I know for damn near fact, we could've had Avery had we truly wanted him. But where was Avery going to play? He's not as good as the juco kids (3) and he's not as good as Guidry.

TimberBeast
01-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Mullen told him the same thing he told Oliver and the same thing he told Hunt. Had we pushed hard to keep him, we probably would be signing him. The fact is, when we got the juco guys and knew Sirmon was history, we didn't need those guys. And I was a Hunt supporter. I thought he was the kind of kid that could play in a couple of years. But I know for damn near fact, we could've had Avery had we truly wanted him. But where was Avery going to play? He's not as good as the juco kids (3) and he's not as good as Guidry.

Mike Hunt?

MarketingBully
01-30-2017, 01:52 PM

Sirmon sucks big giant donkey balls as a DC. He is in way over his head. Louisville is going to regret the DC swap. Wouldn't surprise me to see Louisville football games next year averaging 56-45 scores. We dodged a bullet getting him out of here.

Tripp McNeely
01-30-2017, 02:08 PM

this is the new way of dropping a kid without telling him you're dropping him. You tell him the truth and let him make that decision. That way, you're not the bad guy and avoid high school coaches ranting and raving about you in local newspapers...pretty brilliant strategy in my opinion.

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 02:19 PM
Mike Hunt?

Best name in MSU football history?

Cooterpoot, we would've taken Avery if he wanted to come. We recruited him for years, I promise we didn't pass on him, that's Ole Miss level delusion there... We would've made the numbers work. 3 Juco guys shouldn't affect a High School guy, we missed on him and it happens. Pulling Abram and Cole out of our asses at the last minute surely diluted the loss of Avery, though. Let's not act like we passed a on consensus 4* in-state guy that we recruited for years, it comes off very rebish.

Bubb Rubb
01-30-2017, 02:45 PM

He's 100% right.

We would take avery if he had a change of heart, but he was down our recruiting board and we got what we wanted. With Oliver, State let him walk and that's a fact.

RougeDawg
01-30-2017, 03:01 PM

On top of that she admitted she was offered money by at least one program. Why did everyone gloss over this huge detail?

Jack Lambert
01-30-2017, 03:16 PM
I thought it was Freeze being a christian was the reason their class is so bad.

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 03:21 PM
On top of that she admitted she was offered money by at least one program. Why did everyone gloss over this huge detail?

But it definitely wasn't Ole Miss. Maybe, just maybe, both the Little's and Gary's took money from OM, and Gary's mom denied it to protect herself, and her "friend" Mrs. Little.

What's more reasonable?

(a) The dirtiest recruiting program this century didn't offer a single improper benefit to the families of the #1 and #2 overall recruits in the country.
or
(b) The families of the #1 and #2 overall recruits in the country both took improper benefits from the dirtiest recruiting program this century, and agreed to keep their mouths shut about it.

I'm leaning towards (b)

DeviousDawg
01-30-2017, 03:22 PM
I thought it was Freeze being a christian was the reason their class is so bad.

No, that was last month.

Turfdawg67
01-30-2017, 04:56 PM
No, that was last month.

Got 'em a little pulpit in the Groove...

Turfdawg67
01-30-2017, 05:02 PM

We've done fine if we get Gay, Bowie, Odom & Reed. They all could have been "convinced" to sign w/ UM in past years.

RougeDawg
01-30-2017, 05:56 PM
But it definitely wasn't Ole Miss. Maybe, just maybe, both the Little's and Gary's took money from OM, and Gary's mom denied it to protect herself, and her "friend" Mrs. Little.

What's more reasonable?

(a) The dirtiest recruiting program this century didn't offer a single improper benefit to the families of the #1 and #2 overall recruits in the country.
or
(b) The families of the #1 and #2 overall recruits in the country both took improper benefits from the dirtiest recruiting program this century, and agreed to keep their mouths shut about it.

I'm leaning towards (b)

Information regarding Greg Little's recruitment has already been turned over by at least 3 other universities and he was questioned by the NCAA this past season. His family residency was one of the main "oddities" the NCAA found that was starkly similar to the previous 5 classes improprieties. Never heard any outcome on the investigation but my assumptions is it wil be in 2nd NOA. Or we will have a 3rd NOA because they also uncovered improper offers/benefits regarding Gay and Brennan over the last 6 months.

Turfdawg67
01-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Information regarding Greg Little's recruitment has already been turned over by at least 3 other universities and he was questioned by the NCAA this past season. His family residency was one of the main "oddities" the NCAA found that was starkly similar to the previous 5 classes improprieties. Never heard any outcome on the investigation but my assumptions is it wil be in 2nd NOA. Or we will have a 3rd NOA because they also uncovered improper offers/benefits regarding Gay and Brennan over the last 6 months.

Oh please... please be true!!

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Let me ask a question....work with me here.

She said no one "offered" them money. OK, say there are two people sitting in a room. And I walk in that room with 2 muffins on a plate. And I go up to the first person and ask, "Would you like a muffin?" That would be considered "offering" someone a muffin, correct? And now I go up to that 2nd person and I "hand" them a muffin without saying anything. Would I have then "offered" the 2nd person a muffin or simply "given" them a muffin?

So, back to her statement...."No one at Ole Miss offered us money". That may have been a true statement and she still walked away with 10g in a red backpack. All depends on how that muffin was delivered I suppose.

RougeDawg
01-30-2017, 07:31 PM
Let me ask a question....work with me here.

She said no one "offered" them money. OK, say there are two people sitting in a room. And I walk in that room with 2 muffins on a plate. And I go up to the first person and ask, "Would you like a muffin?" That would be considered "offering" someone a muffin, correct? And now I go up to that 2nd person and I "hand" them a muffin without saying anything. Would I have then "offered" the 2nd person a muffin or simply "given" them a muffin?

So, back to her statement...."No one at Ole Miss offered us money". That may have been a true statement and she still walked away with 10g in a red backpack. All depends on how that muffin was delivered I suppose.

Your well thought out parsing of her statement almost alludes to her being coached by the network on what to say to avoid self incrimination (yes the NCAA is to a legal entity, I know).

WSOPdawg
01-30-2017, 07:46 PM

Damn, best news I've heard in the last 2 weeks!