PDA

View Full Version : Noah Elliss?

Big4Dawg
01-28-2017, 10:58 AM
He's visiting this weekend and it looks like per 247 that we were his only official visit. Has a lot off good offers (OU, Bama, Auburn, UL, OM, UCLA, etc). What's the story on him? Grades an issue?

Really Clark?
01-28-2017, 11:15 AM
He's visiting this weekend and it looks like per 247 that we were his only official visit. Has a lot off good offers (OU, Bama, Auburn, UL, OM, UCLA, etc). What's the story on him? Grades an issue?

Yeah. Grades are an issue with him.

Bully13
01-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Let's not always jump to that conclusion just because of the circumstances.

msstate7
01-28-2017, 11:19 AM
Yeah. Grades are an issue with him.

Could he potentially qualify here. Not trying to down my school, but let's face it, it's a lot easier to get in here than other places

RiverCityDawg
01-28-2017, 11:50 AM
Could he potentially qualify here. Not trying to down my school, but let's face it, it's a lot easier to get in here than other places

If a player qualifies based on NCAA standards, a school that really wants him is not going to deny his entry, unless its one of the top academic schools and he's borderline. The teams mentioned elsewhere in this thread as having offered him would all let him in if he qualified per the NCAA, assuming they actually have him as a take.

the59dawg
01-28-2017, 11:54 AM
If a player qualifies based on NCAA standards, a school that really wants him is not going to deny his entry, unless its one of the top academic schools and he's borderline. The teams mentioned elsewhere in this thread as having offered him would all let him in if he qualified per the NCAA, assuming they actually have him as a take.

I could be wrong here but I believe the SEC requires one more class, I believe in math, than the NCAA. We have lost several recruits in past to Big 12 because of that issue.

MzTerry
01-28-2017, 11:56 AM
I could be wrong here but I believe the SEC requires one more class, I believe in math, than the NCAA. We have lost several recruits in past to Big 12 because of that issue.

that is only with JUCO

IMissJack
01-28-2017, 12:43 PM

Same requirements at OM

msstate7
01-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Same requirements at OM

And probably Bama, auburn, Arkansas, and lsu, but as you get away from our area, requirements get tougher

IMissJack
01-28-2017, 12:50 PM
And probably Bama, auburn, Arkansas, and lsu, but as you get away from our area, requirements get tougher

I know, I live in TX, and Miss should be higher.

RocketDawg
01-28-2017, 01:37 PM

And I consider that to be very unfortunate. Universities are first and foremost educational institutions.

DanDority
01-28-2017, 01:45 PM

If this were true, how do you explain Jamar Chaney not being excepted into UGA?

Bully13
01-28-2017, 01:51 PM
FREE NOAH, LET HIM BUILD HIS BOAT!!!

RougeDawg
01-28-2017, 05:02 PM
And I consider that to be very unfortunate. Universities are first and foremost educational institutions.

I'd rather the universities stop educating than the current policitical propaganda they spew these days. They teach more ideology and what to think, over how to think freely and independently.

RiverCityDawg
01-28-2017, 05:13 PM

They thought his SAT score was too good to be true based on his GPA. Essentially, they thought he cheated. Completely different situation. Also, turns out Jamar is a damn smart guy.

dawgoneyall
01-28-2017, 07:48 PM

There some test score issue. The President of Ga is the one who would not allow him. Forget the details.

RocketDawg
01-28-2017, 08:30 PM
I'd rather the universities stop educating than the current policitical propaganda they spew these days. They teach more ideology and what to think, over how to think freely and independently.

Good point, but there's also a lot of "book learnin'" going on. We just hear more about the crazy things. If there wasn't we woudn't be making the technical progress we're making in the country/world (e.g., computer processors, communications).

Reason2succeed
01-28-2017, 08:52 PM
Good point, but there's also a lot of "book learnin'" going on. We just hear more about the crazy things. If there wasn't we woudn't be making the technical progress we're making in the country/world (e.g., computer processors, communications).

That's all the asians and college dropouts in Silicon Valley.***

Bully13
01-28-2017, 09:00 PM
I thought MS was the only guilty state in this arena. CO too? Weed heppin?

DownwardDawg
01-29-2017, 09:33 AM

His ACT score jumped a little too much when he re took the test. UGA president didn't like it. He qualified but the pres didn't allow it. Richt loved him and said he was a great kid. Turned out that Richt was correct.

msstate7
01-29-2017, 09:41 AM
Sooooo.... we gonna sign Elliss or what?

RougeDawg
01-29-2017, 10:00 AM
His ACT score jumped a little too much when he re took the test. UGA president didn't like it. He qualified but the pres didn't allow it. Richt loved him and said he was a great kid. Turned out that Richt was correct.

Did it jump because he took it a 2nd time or because he took it in Waynesboro? Those two are completely different circumstances. It is fairly common for someone to gain 8-14 points in an ACT from 1st to 2nd try. Plus I've seen some 4.0 students struggle with tests like that and 1.5 students score in mid 20's. They were smart but had lower GPA's due to laziness. I know there has to be a system in place but not every method of measurement tells the entire story. This is where the education system falls short. If you can or cannot take a test determines your outcome in life over things that aren't standardized test that put you ahead of others. I for one never liked the standardized tests because my mind is too analytical and detail driven. Hate not having all facts, stats, etc before coming to conclusions and those tests aren't fit for that mindset. I did well enough on them for some financial help but did not feel they fully showed the potential there. We need more problem solving, analytical and independent though type testing, along with current standardized tests, to fully gauge ones potential and better guide people to their future.

Bully13
01-29-2017, 10:03 AM
Did it jump because he took it a 2nd time or because he took it in Waynesboro? Those two are completely different circumstances. It is fairly common for someone to gain 8-14 points in an ACT from 1st to 2nd try. Plus I've seen some 4.0 students struggle with tests like that and 1.5 students score in mid 20's. They were smart but had lower GPA's due to laziness. I know there has to be a system in place but not every method of measurement tells the entire story. This is where the education system falls short. If you can or cannot take a test determines your outcome in life over things that aren't standardized test that put you ahead of others. I for one never liked the standardized tests because my mind is too analytical and detail driven. Hate not having all facts, stats, etc before coming to conclusions and those tests aren't fit for that mindset. I did well enough on them for some financial help but did not feel they fully showed the potential there. We need more problem solving, analytical and independent though type testing, along with current standardized tests, to fully gauge ones potential and better guide people to their future.

Free the man. Good post.

MetEdDawg
01-29-2017, 10:06 AM

8-14 point jump is common? I teach high school and I've literally never heard of a single instance where that has happened. A 14 point jump would be like a 20 to a 34. That's called cheating because the test is out of 36. And less than 1 percent of kids who take that test make a 34 or higher. Even if a kid makes a 16, that would be a jump to a 30, which gets you scholarships everywhere in the SEC. That's literally unheard of.

If you know of someone that got a 14 point jump from test 1 to test 2, they cheated. Now a 5 point jump? That's common. But 8-14 is something I've never seen or heard of. It's definitely not common.

StatesboroBlues
01-29-2017, 11:58 AM
8-14 point jump is common? I teach high school and I've literally never heard of a single instance where that has happened. A 14 point jump would be like a 20 to a 34. That's called cheating because the test is out of 36. And less than 1 percent of kids who take that test make a 34 or higher. Even if a kid makes a 16, that would be a jump to a 30, which gets you scholarships everywhere in the SEC. That's literally unheard of.

If you know of someone that got a 14 point jump from test 1 to test 2, they cheated. Now a 5 point jump? That's common. But 8-14 is something I've never seen or heard of. It's definitely not common.

This...

Really Clark?
01-29-2017, 09:35 PM
Noah changed his tweeter picture and his hometown to Mississippi State, Starkville, MS. Usually a pretty good sign.

msstate7
01-29-2017, 09:38 PM
Noah changed his tweeter picture and his hometown to Mississippi State, Starkville, MS. Usually a pretty good sign.

How likely or unlikely is he to qualify?

Really Clark?
01-29-2017, 09:59 PM
How likely or unlikely is he to qualify?

He has a shot to qualify and a plan to get there. Probably as good as Davis last year who got in at Bama.

He commited to us as well.

DeputyDawg94
01-29-2017, 10:15 PM
Judging by his offer list, this Noah commitment looks very impressive. How long have our coaches been on this kid. I just started hearing his name recently.

Really Clark?
01-29-2017, 10:19 PM
Judging by his offer list, this Noah commitment looks very impressive. How long have our coaches been on this kid. I just started hearing his name recently.

A pretty good while. Eliss dad is Luther Eliss, NFL player and played under Baker. Really liked the idea of his son playing for Baker as well.

DeputyDawg94
01-29-2017, 10:25 PM
A pretty good while. Eliss dad is Luther Eliss, NFL player and played under Baker. Really liked the idea of his son playing for Baker as well.

Hope he makes it. Looks like a "goodun"!