PDA

View Full Version : CBS/247 leading bidder for Scout

Big4Dawg
01-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Ian Wenik ‏@run_IMW

Source: http://Scout.com has paused its auction and will resume on Wednesday. CBS/247Sports.com remains the lead bidder.

Wonder what that would mean for Scout

ScottH
01-27-2017, 01:23 PM
So that would be Gene Murray Rosebowl Paul Robbie?

Who pray tell does that pair up in Oxford?

Really Clark?
01-27-2017, 01:31 PM
So that would be Gene Murray Rosebowl Paul Robbie?

Who pray tell does that pair up in Oxford?

David Johnson and Yancy...that actually fits those socio-homers

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2017, 02:11 PM
Wonder what that would mean for Scout

Scout would cease to exist within the next year & they would merge. I think you would see Steve go independent before he joins 24/7.

jumbo
01-27-2017, 02:15 PM
Scout would cease to exist within the next year & they would merge. I think you would see Steve go independent before he joins 24/7.

this is my thought as well. Gene's Page probably has the subscriber base to be independent.

civildawg
01-27-2017, 02:21 PM
Agreed. Steve has a pretty good following especially with all the NCAA stuff. Maybe he could get the MSU rivals site up and going.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Agreed. Steve has a pretty good following especially with all the NCAA stuff. Maybe he could get the MSU rivals site up and going.

I think this would be the best move. It's so hard to be independent without a player database. Rivals MSU probably could be had for cheap & keep a major database behind it.

jumbo
01-27-2017, 02:41 PM
I think this would be the best move. It's so hard to be independent without a player database. Rivals MSU probably could be had for cheap & keep a major database behind it.

It probably look something like Bulldawg Junction. Most people are paying for the info the writers bring more so than a data base with stars next to a kids name.

Dawg496
01-27-2017, 02:42 PM

Wonder if they would welcome a third partner to help them build their own technology and stay independent. Anyone got their contact info?

jumbo
01-27-2017, 02:48 PM
Wonder if they would welcome a third partner to help them build their own technology and stay independent. Anyone got their contact info?

there's an 'email Gene Swindoll' link that takes you to this email swindoll@maxxsouth.net

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2017, 03:03 PM

Well Gene is about to retire & Steve is becoming sole owner so may want to talk to him if this ever happens.

BrunswickDawg
01-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Well Gene is about to retire & Steve is becoming sole owner so may want to talk to him if this ever happens.

Maybe the owners of this board should look to team up with Steve?? It would be OM's worst nightmare.

JoseBrown
01-27-2017, 03:21 PM

Since Steve's Twitter hack has he brought anything concerning the NCAA investigations? Or is he sitting on most info he gets now for his book? I think ED has been the only maroon source for NCAA news in a while...

jumbo
01-27-2017, 03:22 PM
Maybe the owners of this board should look to team up with Steve?? It would be OM's worst nightmare.

The majority of GP posters would get eaten alive here.

civildawg
01-27-2017, 03:25 PM
He is for sure sitting on it for the book, which is smart.

Buddy
01-27-2017, 03:28 PM
So last week I signed up for Scout's "9 months for the price of 1" deal. It sounded too good to be true.... now I know why.

maroonmania
01-27-2017, 03:31 PM

Yea, its a shame Rivals isn't the one going away because they bring nothing to the table as far as MSU is concerned.

jumbo
01-27-2017, 03:40 PM
Since Steve's Twitter hack has he brought anything concerning the NCAA investigations? Or is he sitting on most info he gets now for his book? I think ED has been the only maroon source for NCAA news in a while...

He drops bits and pieces here and there. Like today he said that OM got caught again with a booster on an in home visit.

TrapGame
01-27-2017, 03:49 PM
The majority of GP posters would get eaten alive here.

Like cannibals coming to Sunday dinner.

RocketDawg
01-27-2017, 03:58 PM
He drops bits and pieces here and there. Like today he said that OM got caught again with a booster on an in home visit.

Any idea how they got caught? If true, that would really be a dumb thing to do.