PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's TSUN Fluff Piece

stalkingpoon
01-27-2017, 10:55 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/126600/ole-miss-paying-a-price-as-it-sits-in-ncaa-investigation-limbo

Pretty much saying NCAA should make a decision because it's killing TSUN. No cheating is killing them. Stop cheating and the NCAA can stop finding new shit to investigate.

Lol at the John Perry interview in there. He's a big of a homer for Ole Miss as anyone else.

Reason2succeed
01-27-2017, 10:58 AM
Right on Schedule. I wonder if Ed Asshoff just writes this stuff and gives it to his co-workers so people don't know it's just him trying to diversify sources?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Alex Scarborough wrote it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Pearl (Mississippi) High School coach John Perry, who hosted a Michigan satellite camp with Jim Harbaugh last summer, said recruits are intelligent and are aware the investigation is “hanging out there.”

“And you know other folks are using that against them,” Perry said. “But it can’t be productive. I know Coach Freeze and them do a great job of recruiting, but there’s no way in the world that it can help them with the cloud over them. … Everyone is in a quandary about what’s going to happen. You can’t blame the athletes for second-guessing. Look at Cam Akers. ‘Are we going to go to a bowl game or not?’ That’s a natural question they’re asking themselves.”

PassInterference
01-27-2017, 11:06 AM
It is killing Ole Miss not to be able to cheat their way to top 5 recruiting.

stalkingpoon
01-27-2017, 11:07 AM
I really hope this thing drags out another year or so. This is hurting them just as bad.

starkvegasdawg
01-27-2017, 11:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uPj8Zxb.png

Martianlander
01-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Looks like he failed to mention that unm is the one dragging it out-requesting extensions and continuing to cheat.

Ari Gold
01-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Boo mother ****ing Hoo...

Reason2succeed
01-27-2017, 11:24 AM
Alex Scarborough wrote it.

That's just what they want you to think.

Really Clark?
01-27-2017, 11:27 AM
Honestly, if this is suppose to be the big pro-piece that helps them salvage something this cycle, it's pretty weak. Kind of comes off as whiny, poor UNM the victim, desperation but to me it kind of falls flat and short.

Reason2succeed
01-27-2017, 11:28 AM
Did I miss the "never-ending reporting on the subject" that HF is reportedly numb to? I could have sworn that the CL hasn't touched it and there has been less than ten or so articles on the subject over the entire time of the investigation. What are they talking about?

lefty96
01-27-2017, 11:28 AM
Honestly, if this is suppose to be the big pro-piece that helps them salvage something this cycle, it's pretty weak. Kind of comes off as whiny, poor UNM the victim, desperation but to me it kind of falls flat and short.

Agreed. Pointing out that their recruiting is suffering b/c of the ncaa is kind of a "no shit" topic anyway.

bulldog2488
01-27-2017, 11:30 AM

My thoughts exactly. If anything, this piece will show recruits that this won't be over any time soon. After reading it I actually thought this may hurt their recruiting even more honestly.

Bully13
01-27-2017, 11:36 AM
"Other wise just leave these fine young men alone "

HSVDawg
01-27-2017, 12:18 PM

And it also shines even more national light on an issue that they do not want to talk about right before signing day. "Please God let this be over with!" is probably the absolute last thing that potential recruits want to see. Personally, I love that this article came out and its pretty hilarious that anyone from OM thinks it helps them in any way.

gtowndawg
01-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Please drag out for another year. That would be so awesome.

Bully13
01-27-2017, 12:56 PM
Doesn't espn have a high ranking confed on board?

Bucky Dog
01-27-2017, 01:06 PM
I know we can and will have differing opinions, but I don't see this as a fluff piece at all! He is just saying that the process dragging out and uncertainty of it all is hurting them. And he says there is a real perception of cheating but they just want to get their penalties and move on. There was no denial of wrongdoing at all, just that the process being so long is crippling, but as was said, that is the fault of the Bears, NOT the NCAA.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2017, 01:09 PM
And there it is, as predicted.

confucius say
01-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Cheating cheaters cheated.
Cry me a river.

lastmajordog
01-27-2017, 01:46 PM

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-27-2017, 01:56 PM
https://twitter.com/jperry_pearl/status/825038482871578624

John Perry
@jperry_pearl
@MSGRIDIRON @espn #verysmalltimer.....Went on to say, I would have 0 issues with our young men going to Ole Miss or any other MS University!

What an arrogant asshole...he shouldn't have anything to do with where kids go. His issues are at the bottom of the list of concerns.

1bigdawg
01-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Doesn't espn have a high ranking confed on board?

Yes. The head of College Sports at ESPN got a graduate degree from UNM.

bobtail bob
01-27-2017, 02:49 PM
They forgot "exemplary cooperation" and "it's over ". John Perry is one of the biggest bear whores in the state. You have to believe that the clarion liar is firing up the presses for a real fluff piece between now and signing day.

shrimp
01-27-2017, 04:28 PM
agree agree

Bothrops
01-27-2017, 04:47 PM
Espn is fake news and a bucket of shit.