PDA

View Full Version : What we are hearing....

EliteLeaks
01-26-2017, 07:01 PM
OM has received their 2nd letter and its nuclear.

Today, you have the talk shows of Mississippi attacking the NCAA trying to stir up Joe Fan into a frenzy against the NCAA. OM is going to now play victim and insist the NCAA is completely unfair in dealing with them vs the traditional power schools. The OM braintrust is considering a lawsuit against the NCAA using past cases and the complete randomness of the penalties. The problem with that now is the NCAA has clearly defined guidelines and a structure system for penalizing violations.

Prepare for more stalling and posturing on this to drag it out another possible year or two

Reason2succeed
01-26-2017, 07:05 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/svcVqVsSvzm0g/200.gif

And please God let them sue the NCAA!!!

AFDawg
01-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Prepare for more stalling and posturing on this to drag it out another possible year or two

All the better. They're just extending their own punishment.

Commercecomet24
01-26-2017, 07:08 PM
Death by a thousand cuts! Let it drag out forever! They are killing their program and when the penalties finally come down it's gonna be even worse! They don't want to sue the NCAA because then everything comes out in open court and people could go to jail then. Lol at those idiots!

JoseBrown
01-26-2017, 07:09 PM

Today, you have the talk shows of Mississippi attacking the NCAA trying to stir up Joe Fan into a frenzy against the NCAA. OM is going to now play victim and insist the NCAA is completely unfair in dealing with them vs the traditional power schools. The OM braintrust is considering a lawsuit against the NCAA using past cases and the complete randomness of the penalties. The problem with that now is the NCAA has clearly defined guidelines and a structure system for penalizing violations.

I wouldn't be too heartbroken if they do stretch it out a couple more years. The entire time they will rail on the NCAA for stretching it out like they have been. I would imagine the longer it goes, the worse it will be. Because there will be more and more evidence surface. There will be more and more struggles recruiting. Then the possibility of subpoenas is just gravy...

msstate7
01-26-2017, 07:11 PM
I don't care how long they delay the penalties, but I want the 2nd letter released like any minute

Bully13
01-26-2017, 07:11 PM
How in the hell can it drag out another year? Don't get me wrong. I like the 1st paragraph but I am starting to want to see some sanctions.

ScottH
01-26-2017, 07:22 PM
And please God let them sue the NCAA!!!

As beautiful as it would be, there is no way that will happen.

85% of the UM fan base will want to bow up and threaten it. But they don't understand the ramification.

Giving deposition power to the NCAA given what they already have would in fact be suicide.

EliteLeaks
01-26-2017, 07:25 PM
How in the hell can it drag out another year? Don't get me wrong. I like the 1st paragraph but I am starting to want to see some sanctions.

Easily. OM can take up to 120 days to respond. There are other factors and motions that can be invoked to delay. Then if they file a delay in a court of law- you are looking at much longer as they build a court case

CadaverDawg
01-26-2017, 07:28 PM
But the fact they received a 2nd NOA will be made public in the coming days correct? Can that be hidden for a long length of time?

msstate7
01-26-2017, 07:28 PM
But the fact they received a 2nd NOA will be made public in the coming days correct? Can that be hidden for a long length of time?

60 days isn't it?

messageboardsuperhero
01-26-2017, 07:29 PM

Why? Hopefully it drags on for another four plus years. This whole thing is quality entertainment and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The sanctions will come when they come but the waiting right now is hurting them almost as much as the penalties.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-26-2017, 07:29 PM

85% of the UM fan base will want to bow up and threaten it. But they don't understand the ramification.

Giving deposition power to the NCAA given what they already have would in fact be suicide.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc317ybUMw1qlmu8mo1_500.gif

Commercecomet24
01-26-2017, 07:30 PM

Exactly! They don't want subpoenas flying around. Getting busted by the NCAA is one thing, going to jail is quite another.

msstate7
01-26-2017, 07:30 PM
Easily. OM can take up to 120 days to respond. There are other factors and motions that can be invoked to delay. Then if they file a delay in a court of law- you are looking at much longer as they build a court case
What about the first NOA? Does the NCAA add the first to the 2nd and let OM respond to both at 1 time?

RocketDawg
01-26-2017, 07:40 PM
What about the first NOA? Does the NCAA add the first to the 2nd and let OM respond to both at 1 time?

They responded to the first some time ago, did they not?

msstate7
01-26-2017, 07:45 PM
They responded to the first some time ago, did they not?

OM responded, but there's been no penalty phase yet

SDDawg
01-26-2017, 07:46 PM
Send a copy to DD. And prepare for a "3rd letter" (yes, further amendments are coming).

WSOPdawg
01-26-2017, 07:52 PM

Out-17n-standing!!! I wonder how many definitions of "nuclear" exist? Oh for more details...

But again, out-17n-standing!!!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2017, 07:57 PM
I think they want it to drag out as long as possible too. They probably feel like if they can drag it out until after the Sheavior is gone they would have won multiple championships and wouldn't care by then. I really feel like that bunch is stupid enough to have this mentality.

Coursesuper
01-26-2017, 07:59 PM
If the "brain trust" is even considering dragging this shat show on for one or more years then the second letter must be a bomb that will set them back for at least a decad or more. I bet that even the higher ups in the network never in there wildest dreams could have thought that it would get as bad as it has. That they are considering any legal action is laughable unless it's only used as a delaying tactic, but please, please try to take th NCAA to court. Maybe then they can apply for membership in the NAIA when the NCAA shows them the door.

Todd4State
01-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Why? Hopefully it drags on for another four plus years. This whole thing is quality entertainment and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The sanctions will come when they come but the waiting right now is hurting them almost as much as the penalties.

Absolutely! I want this to drag out for at least another year. The longer they delay the investigation is almost like adding on a free year to the probation as we are seeing now.

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2017, 08:36 PM
If it drags on that long I honestly fear some of their fan base will start performing seppuku in the grove.

SDDawg
01-26-2017, 08:37 PM
If it drags on that long I honestly fear some of their fan base will start performing seppuku in the grove.

Why would that be bad?

Pollodawg
01-26-2017, 08:46 PM
To the people who want this to drag out, I'm not entirely sure that that is to our best interest because the longer it goes, the less shock value it holds, and recruits begin to lose interest and figure: "Hey, if it's gone this long and nothing's happened..."

Bodaski
01-26-2017, 08:46 PM
I'm interested to see how some of these pastors that have praised Freeze react to the truth of his cheating ways when all of this comes to a head. I know Chip Henderson at Pine Lake in Brandon had some nice things to say about ole Hugh. I think a few may be embarrassed after they see him for what he really is.

DawgNamedScuba
01-26-2017, 08:50 PM

This is why the Groove is so beautiful, blood sacrifices!

Todd4State
01-26-2017, 09:07 PM
To the people who want this to drag out, I'm not entirely sure that that is to our best interest because the longer it goes, the less shock value it holds, and recruits begin to lose interest and figure: "Hey, if it's gone this long and nothing's happened..."

The problem with that is you have too many credible sources saying that it is going to happen. It's not message board rumor- it's going to happen at some point. It's way too risky for a player because it's kind of like building a house next to an active volcano. You may not know when the volcano is going to erupt, but you know it will be in the foreseeable future. And when it happens, your house will be burned down. As players commit to Ole Miss from this point going forward until sanctions are handed down, they run the risk of losing their scholarship or not being able to play for anything other than the Egg Bowl. If that happens, there is a very high risk that they will be left high and dry and have to go who knows where else.

Why would any recruit at this point in time risk that if they have other legit options and not have to worry about it?

greenbean
01-26-2017, 09:11 PM
I doubt it's going to hurt his Christian persona much. He'll cycle through the old catch phases, "I may not understand God's plan, but it's perfect," "this is the work of satan, I'm standing strong," I have sinned, but see the errors of my ways," etc. Also, likely sleeze is insulated from this via low level assistant coarches, athletic officials and "rouge" boosters.

Also, in today's mega church Christian environment, it's not what you do, it's what you say.

Todd4State
01-26-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm interested to see how some of these pastors that have praised Freeze react to the truth of his cheating ways when all of this comes to a head. I know Chip Henderson at Pine Lake in Brandon had some nice things to say about ole Hugh. I think a few may be embarrassed after they see him for what he really is.

I'm actually shocked that he has Christian based speaking arrangements for this upcoming year. I'll give Chip a pass for that speaking engagement happening before Tunsil's NFL Draft moment. And criticizing the football coach of a large part of your congregation publicly or privately probably would be a really bad move. Especially if they are as wacko as some Ole Miss fans who are known for trying to get people fired for posting something on a message board. I'd be surprised if he said anything other than nice things about Freeze.

In the end though, it won't be the minister's that look bad- it's going to be Freeze.

Todd4State
01-26-2017, 09:17 PM
I doubt it's going to hurt his Christian persona much. He'll cycle through the old catch phases, "I may not understand God's plan, but it's perfect," "this is the work of satan, I'm standing strong," I have sinned, but see the errors of my ways," etc. Also, likely sleeze is insulated from this via low level assistant coarches, athletic officials and "rouge" boosters.

Also, in today's mega church Christian environment, it's not what you do, it's what you say.

I think you are right. All I care about is that he is exposed as the cheater that he is. He'll be a good coach for Liberty University, Samford, or Mississippi College once the show cause lapses.

Edit to include EMCC (State to Sunday's vs. Hotty Toddy to Last Chance U) and Northwest Mississippi CC as options as well.

greenbean
01-26-2017, 09:19 PM
I'm actually shocked that he has Christian based speaking arrangements for this upcoming year. I'll give Chip a pass for that speaking engagement happening before Tunsil's NFL Draft moment. And criticizing the football coach of a large part of your congregation publicly or privately probably would be a really bad move. Especially if they are as wacko as some Ole Miss fans who are known for trying to get people fired for posting something on a message board. I'd be surprised if he said anything other than nice things about Freeze.
In the end though, it won't be the minister's that look bad- it's going to be Freeze.

Been a Pinelake member since 99. Up until the last couple of years when Chip feel under sleeze's spell, he took all kind of shots at UM from the pulpit, it didn't hurt the church at all.

MSUDawg99
01-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Been a Pinelake member since 99. Up until the last couple of years when Chip feel under sleeze's spell, he took all kind of shots at UM from the pulpit, it didn't hurt the church at all.

It was probably all in good humor. Plus there's a Pinelake campus in Oxford. You stand to alienate an entire campus if you publicly speak negatively about that fanbase or coach. Chip knows better.

Bdawg
01-26-2017, 09:43 PM
In regards to the 2nd NOA, just a few days ago an OM friend of mine that's in the same deer camp as me took Peyton Manning duck hunting the other day. He said he asked Peyton how bad it was going to be for the bears. And he said Peyton replied, "They're f***ed!!!!" I thought everyone would enjoy that especially coming from a Manning!!

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2017, 09:50 PM
In regards to the 2nd NOA, just a few days ago an OM friend of mine that's in the same deer camp as me took Peyton Manning duck hunting the other day. He said he asked Peyton how bad it was going to be for the bears. And he said Peyton replied, "They're f***ed!!!!" I thought everyone would enjoy that especially coming from a Manning!!

Did he say Omaha first or do it in the nationwide jungle...Man those bears are 17ed as hell.

Bdawg
01-26-2017, 09:56 PM
Did he say Omaha first or do it in the nationwide jungle...Man those bears are 17ed as hell.

I don't know man. I wasn't there. But I know it hurt my friends heart when he heard it. I will give him credit for having the balls to tell us MSU guys that though.

Dawgowar
01-26-2017, 09:58 PM

They have a 50something ranked recruiting class now. Next year that will drop to about 80something. The second NOA will be public and sophomores and freshmen (high school) are going to begin to reject their overtures. They will reel off three to four bad classes starting this year. Let them stall. Stall and whine but it will not make a lick of difference.

3 bad recruiting classes before the sanctions are read? 3 bad classes coupled with transfers before the sanctions are read? Oh please. Please. Please! Please stall.

greenbean
01-26-2017, 10:01 PM
It was probably all in good humor. Plus there's a Pinelake campus in Oxford. You stand to alienate an entire campus if you publicly speak negatively about that fanbase or coach. Chip knows better.

Oh yeah, all in good fun. Chip is so good that bear fans overlooked the jokes at their expense, of which a few were brutal. Sleeze has attend several services at Pinelake Oxganisthan, that certainly helps with attendance.

Maroonthirteen
01-26-2017, 10:01 PM
lose interest and figure: "Hey, if it's gone this long and nothing's happened..."

Among the average sec fan, there is already this assumption the Tunsil saga has been looked at and is over.

There needs to be something substantial from the NCAA to hit the news cycle to remind people, it isn't over.

Freeze is still viewed as this great man of faith. His name is headlined in this up coming Men of Memphis Christian conference in Memphis.

The NCAA needs to drop a bomb in the national news.

RocketDawg
01-26-2017, 10:02 PM
I think you are right. All I care about is that he is exposed as the cheater that he is. He'll be a good coach for Liberty University, Samford, or Mississippi College once the show cause lapses.

Edit to include EMCC (State to Sunday's vs. Hotty Toddy to Last Chance U) and Northwest Mississippi CC as options as well.

Chad Kelley's assistant?

QuadrupleOption
01-26-2017, 10:07 PM

https://m.popkey.co/f63f8a/R5qVG_f-maxage-0.gif

DeviousDawg
01-26-2017, 10:13 PM
They have no idea how stupid they sound with the sue the NCAA plan.. It's like a convicted murderer trying to sue the Judicial System because they got caught and other murderers didn't. All that matters is that they got caught, and now they have to deal with the penalties.

If the 2nd NOA was only just as bad as the first one, they would be screwed for a decade. However, if it's as bad as it sounds, and they try to fight it, we might have to legitimately start talking about a potential death penalty....

ILOATHEBears
01-26-2017, 10:20 PM
They have a 50something ranked recruiting class now. Next year that will drop to about 80something. The second NOA will be public and sophomores and freshmen (high school) are going to begin to reject their overtures. They will reel off three to four bad classes starting this year. Let them stall. Stall and whine but it will not make a lick of difference.

3 bad recruiting classes before the sanctions are read? 3 bad classes coupled with transfers before the sanctions are read? Oh please. Please. Please! Please stall.

THIS!! Just think 7th graders now will only know of OM as being on probation, no post season play, records of 2-10 and recruits will continue to stay away. The "lost generation" staying away from the plantation

BeastMan
01-26-2017, 10:25 PM
They have no idea how stupid they sound with the sue the NCAA plan.. It's like a convicted murderer trying to sue the Judicial System because they got caught and other murderers didn't. All that matters is that they got caught, and now they have to deal with the penalties.

If the 2nd NOA was only just as bad as the first one, they would be screwed for a decade. However, if it's as bad as it sounds, and they try to fight it, we might have to legitimately start talking about a potential death penalty....

Their thinking is they can do what Miami did. In the face of crippling sanctions, sue the NCAA for misconduct essentially. They won't try that option until after the COI hearing. The COI is independent from the investigative arm and they hope they are more pro OM's argument than pro investigators.

DeviousDawg
01-26-2017, 10:30 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if the NCAA's recent penalty restructure was created so that Ole Miss couldn't squirm their way out of this one.

WSOPdawg
01-26-2017, 10:49 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if the NCAA's recent penalty restructure was created so that Ole Miss couldn't squirm their way out of this one.

Just applying the new (current) penalty structure to the 1st NOA would hammer them (per your earlier assessment DD).

Now the NCAA has to figure out if its going to apply a 2nd round of penalties to the 2nd NOA, which will bury them if applied as is based on what all is being alleged (or speculated at) in the 2nd NOA -- which will be pretty damn close to a death penalty (if the ncaa so chooses).

Leeshouldveflanked
01-26-2017, 10:50 PM
OLE MISS gonna be the shiz in the NAIA...... I can see the Southern States Athletic Conference Championship Banners hanging in the Vaught!

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-26-2017, 11:21 PM
Has anyone heard that the dumbasses actually took another booster to visit a recruit? And got caught again! I so hope so. #shitbirds

Todd4State
01-26-2017, 11:52 PM

They probably created it because of Miami.

dawgoneyall
01-26-2017, 11:54 PM

Cross went all in today on HtoH. It has begun.

Bully13
01-27-2017, 12:16 AM
Cross went all in today on HtoH. It has begun.

Transcript would be greatly appreciated.

jeremyrbrown
01-27-2017, 12:23 AM
Transcript would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/h2h-archives/?recording_id=21238

Go to the 10 minute mark on hour 3

IMissJack
01-27-2017, 12:26 AM
http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/h2h-archives/?recording_id=21238

Clifsnotes version?

jeremyrbrown
01-27-2017, 12:31 AM
Clifsnotes version?

http://s.quickmeme.com/img/52/529af9f6e1fe653b7f3e3cc1889ce009b5f853e2116478abd6 8b19a3a895bcaa.jpg

Reason2succeed
01-27-2017, 12:59 AM
OLE MISS gonna be the shiz in the NAIA...... I can see the Southern States Athletic Conference Championship Banners hanging in the Vaught!

Watch out Grand Valley State!!! The Rebels are coming!

TUSK
01-27-2017, 01:15 AM
The latest Miami/PSU fiascos, in addition to the hammering that Bammer & USC took, should tell those cats to clutch, hold, bite the pillow, and "take it"....

for entertainment purposes only, I pray they fight the impending, inevitable rape.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
01-27-2017, 04:20 AM
Saw a post earlier on a bear football forum no less just because I was curious. The statement was made that Mullen isn't the qb coach everyone seems to believe. I'll stop that right there. Mullen is one of the best if not the best qb coach in the country. To watch what Dak did with the cowboys isn't enough proof then you are just either a hater or blind to the fact that by Dak coming back his senior yr made all the difference in the world to be the exact qb he is right now

Dawgsfanalongtime77
01-27-2017, 04:27 AM
I do believe the hammer may soon fall. I think the NCAA took their time with this one because it was really that kind of situation. Anybody in their right mind knew something was up from the get go. If freeze keeps his job it will be a miracle. Last yr it was what a top 5 class? Now they are 13th in the sec as of now. All you need to know.

stalkingpoon
01-27-2017, 07:25 AM
All of this confirmed what I was hearing last week. http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?52445-NOA&p=688632#post688632

Get your popcorn ready because this gone be good.

Bully13
01-27-2017, 08:10 AM
Clifsnotes version?

Thank you sir. Solid a.m. thrown material.

Bully13
01-27-2017, 08:18 AM

Thankyou sir.

Dawgbite
01-27-2017, 08:23 AM
Clifsnotes version?

Georgia cheated to get 20 4 stars.
LSU cheated to get the LB to flip from Oklahoma.
Everybody cheats and they are being unfairly singled out.
Now imagine this being delivered with veins popping out on his forehead and spittle flying out of his mouth onto the mic.

3rdGen
01-27-2017, 08:26 AM
I do believe the hammer may soon fall. I think the NCAA took their time with this one because it was really that kind of situation. Anybody in their right mind knew something was up from the get go. If freeze keeps his job it will be a miracle. Last yr it was what a top 5 class? Now they are 13th in the sec as of now. All you need to know.

The hammer has been on the downstroke since the draft last year. That's when the hammer reached the apex of the swing. Now it's coming down and the coaches left as the air pressure between the head of the nail and the striking face of the hammer increased. Now as the pressure continues to build the class went to shit(no coincidence there) and the shitbird lawyers are squawking and so I agree the hammer is falling like the fo righteousness front they have been spewing for so long. GOOD RIDDANCE! "Tflagship" is sinking and all that is left is the crows nest and the flag.

starkvegasdawg
01-27-2017, 08:27 AM
Now imagine this being delivered with veins popping out on his forehead and spittle flying out of his mouth onto the mic.

http://i.imgur.com/oiyr7Em.gif

msstate7
01-27-2017, 08:27 AM

He's incredibly stupid to go on a tirade like that. As much as I dislike him on H2H, he's pretty good at calling games on SECN. If he keeps saying stuff like that though, he won't have those games too long

Dawgbite
01-27-2017, 09:08 AM
He's incredibly stupid to go on a tirade like that. As much as I dislike him on H2H, he's pretty good at calling games on SECN. If he keeps saying stuff like that though, he won't have those games too long

Well in his defense, one day earlier in the week Matt called him Dick the whole time I listened to the show. He probably just needed to release a little frustration*****

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Typical response from a kid that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT" Dick Cross is a bonafide dumbass!

Bubb Rubb
01-27-2017, 09:48 AM
I think we're going to see the Rebs offer up Freeze as a sacrifice to the NCAA. That might help bring closure to the investigation and ease sanctions somewhat, and Freeze can die for everyone's sins, take a golden parachute and retain his jubilee lifestyle. The longer they fight this, the worse it is for everyone. By doing this, Ole Miss might actually show some exemplary cooperation and Freeze may ultimately avoid that Swaggart moment. It's the only option they have left.

I expect this to happen soon....like within months.

BrunswickDawg
01-27-2017, 09:59 AM
I think we're going to see the Rebs offer up Freeze as a sacrifice to the NCAA. That might help bring closure to the investigation and ease sanctions somewhat, and Freeze can die for everyone's sins, take a golden parachute and retain his jubilee lifestyle. The longer they fight this, the worse it is for everyone. By doing this, Ole Miss might actually show some exemplary cooperation and Freeze may ultimately avoid that Swaggart moment. It's the only option they have left.

I expect this to happen soon....like within a couple of weeks.

FIFY - National Signing Day is next week (OM Christmas). With no presents under the tree, the Cult will calling for a sacrifice now. They won't wait.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2017, 10:02 AM
LOL someone is upset

fishwater99
01-27-2017, 10:09 AM
FIFY - National Signing Day is next week (OM Christmas). With no presents under the tree, the Cult will calling for a sacrifice now. They won't wait.

So true..

sandwolf
01-27-2017, 10:19 AM

I wish Wyatt would have pointed out the fact that over the last 20 years Bama, USC, Ohio State and Miami have all been hit with substantial sanctions by the NCAA.....and UNC basketball has been under investigation for several years and is about to be hit with sanctions. So his entire argument is stupid and invalid.

RougeDawg
01-27-2017, 10:24 AM

By cheater do you mean in recruiting, with his hair stylist, or all of the above? Needed some clarification for context.

maroonmania
01-27-2017, 10:26 AM

Yep, looking more and more like Hugh Freeze, the innocent lamb (cough, cough), will have to be sacrificed to appease the NCAA masses.

WSOPdawg
01-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Yep, looking more and more like Hugh Freeze, the innocent lamb (cough, cough), will have to be sacrificed to appease the NCAA masses.

But note, the NCAA masses are the TCUN faithful who have been swallowing hook, line and sinker all the BS spewed from their leadership's mouths during this entire fiasco. The NCAA is out for blood and the Network set their path long ago when they decided to continue with their transgressions amidst the NCAA investigation, then out-and-out lied to investigators until Tunsil re-opened the door on draft night.

They're 17'd and firing Freeze won't appease the NCAA because by their standards, he's getting a show-cause and is good as gone. Their job now is to ensure the Network doesn't happen at other universities across the land and they accomplish that job by hammering TCUN.

RocketDawg
01-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Typical response from a kid that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT" Dick Cross is a bonafide dumbass!

But he does a good job as announcer on our basketball games. Does he have multiple personalities or something? I've never listened to the radio program.

parabrave
01-27-2017, 01:34 PM
But note, the NCAA masses are the TCUN faithful who have been swallowing hook, line and sinker all the BS spewed from their leadership's mouths during this entire fiasco. The NCAA is out for blood and the Network set their path long ago when they decided to continue with their transgressions amidst the NCAA investigation, then out-and-out lied to investigators until Tunsil re-opened the door on draft night.

They're 17'd and firing Freeze won't appease the NCAA because by their standards, he's getting a show-cause and is good as gone. Their job now is to ensure the Network doesn't happen at other universities across the land and they accomplish that job by hammering TCUN.

Like SMU Collins was just the scapegoat, Cooper who looked the other way when all of it started had already left. They were after the Boosters and the SMU network. That's who they are after now.

GTHOM
01-27-2017, 01:48 PM
I expect sanctions to come this offseason

lastmajordog
01-27-2017, 02:11 PM

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2017, 02:11 PM
But he does a good job as announcer on our basketball games. Does he have multiple personalities or something? I've never listened to the radio program.

No. He just has a job that requires him to be unbiased as a commentator. What would you expect? For him to constantly talk bad about us during a regional telecast?

West Tn Dawg
01-27-2017, 02:42 PM
No. He just has a job that requires him to be unbiased as a commentator. What would you expect? For him to constantly talk bad about us during a regional telecast?

Yes, yes I would. Nothing they do would surprise me.

MedDawg
01-27-2017, 03:06 PM
Before Head-To-Head Richard Cross had his own show and I thought it was pretty good, so I listened to H2H when it began. I haven't listened to H2H in years but it started out rather even-handed--each host would talk decently about the other's team while throwing in some barbs. Apparently it hasn't been that way in a long time.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-27-2017, 03:09 PM
Before Head-To-Head Richard Cross had his own show and I thought it was pretty good, so I listened to H2H when it began. I haven't listened to H2H in years but it started out rather even-handed--each host would talk decently about the other's team while throwing in some barbs. Apparently it hasn't been that way in a long time.

It hasn't been the same since they moved from 105.9 The Zone to SuperTalkMS. SuperTalkMS is part of the OM radio network. Using the SuperTalkMS app, most of the local commercials are by rebel owned businesses.

RougeDawg
01-27-2017, 03:16 PM

When he did our game at LSU you could tell he wanted LSU to win. When LSU had a couple early leads his commentary was loud and energetic. Once we started pulling away, he went monotone and attempted to divert from the ass whooping we were putting on them. He does a good job hiding it but you can still hear it in there.

TrapGame
01-27-2017, 03:40 PM
I love the story Matt made him tell this week about how his wife was adamant they were not naming a son Dick. That was funny!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2017, 03:47 PM
When he did our game at LSU you could tell he wanted LSU to win. When LSU had a couple early leads his commentary was loud and energetic. Once we started pulling away, he went monotone and attempted to divert from the ass whooping we were putting on them. He does a good job hiding it but you can still hear it in there.

I watched that game and I didnt come away with that at all. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand that SOB but he does a good job calling games.

shoeless joe
01-27-2017, 05:30 PM
I watched that game and I didnt come away with that at all. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand that SOB but he does a good job calling games.

Agree 100%.

Hate the guy but he's a quality play by play guy for basketball and baseball.

blacklistedbully
01-28-2017, 01:22 AM
Cross is a moron. He goes on and on about UGa & LSU recruiting better than OM and not getting called out, but doesn't grasp OM is not either of those schools. And Wyatt kept trying to tell him those guys didn't win just 2 games right before they recruited lights-out with a girl's basketball coach.

Utter moron.

Reason2succeed
01-28-2017, 06:31 AM
Cross doesn't understand how LSU could flip the #1 LB but sees no hypocrisy in OM getting the #1 OT, #1 WR, and #1 DE at a school that as Wyatt said had recently gone 2-10 and has done nothing significant since integrating against their will. That's called classic butt hurt.